OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just in RC Willey and all of their titles are marked down to 9.95

I was in Hollywood video and they ar emarking theres down to 4 for 20.00 according to the manager starting next week. I am going to buy a ton of them.

Damn. None of the stores around here ever stocked HDDVD.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought 2 HD-A3 DVD players at Walmart for 74.00 bucks a piece.

Will be putting them away in my closet for use at a later time when the ones I have now go out on me.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold some of my never opened HD DVD Box Sets (Heroes, Harry Potter) on EBay.

I actually made money on my Heroes box set! That allowed me to break even.

Crazy how expensive the BluRay players are. Won't be buying one of those till the prices start to drop.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best Buy is doing the exact same thing. I purchased 2 players in October, when they were giving away Heroes for free.

I just called the CS line 1-888-BESTBUY, and they are sending out 2 $50 gift cards. Awesome.

Receipt is all I needed.

4-6 weeks delivery

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Is the blue ray player on the PS3 just as good as a stand alone unit, or at least comparable?

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the blue ray player on the PS3 just as good as a stand alone unit, or at least comparable?

very comparable. Unless you have a top of the line system that can take advantage of the one new HD audio format that the PS3 can't decode, it is a great player.

I enjoy mine, it is very worth it to have a PS3 that can play Bluray, vs. a stand alone.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best Buy is doing the exact same thing. I purchased 2 players in October, when they were giving away Heroes for free.

I just called the CS line 1-888-BESTBUY, and they are sending out 2 $50 gift cards. Awesome.

Receipt is all I needed.

4-6 weeks delivery

Thats a great deal. To bad I cant find my reciept! :bang:

I just bought another HD-A3 at Walmart 5 days ago. It was the floor model that was still on the shelf. Asked them if they would sell it and the manager said yes no problem. Got it and an extra copy of 300 and Bourn Identity that were in the box they didnt have. They had the remote in back as well. Walked out with the player and both movies for $54.00

:thumbup:

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a great deal. To bad I cant find my reciept! :bang:

I just bought another HD-A3 at Walmart 5 days ago. It was the floor model that was still on the shelf. Asked them if they would sell it and the manager said yes no problem. Got it and an extra copy of 300 and Bourn Identity that were in the box they didnt have. They had the remote in back as well. Walked out with the player and both movies for $54.00

do you have a BB reward zone card? It would be stored on there.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a matter of fact I do. Good idea. Via 800 number you think or at store?

1800 best buy is enough. I know you can look up receipt info on the website too

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1800 best buy is enough. I know you can look up receipt info on the website too

You know whats absolutely hilarious? Just got a phone call on my cell 10 seconds ago that was a recorded message from a guy from Best Buy stating their records showed that I purchased an HD DVD player form them and that I should expect a gift card in the mail no later then May 1st. So I dont have to do a thing. This is great!

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know whats absolutely hilarious? Just got a phone call on my cell 10 seconds ago that was a recorded message from a guy from Best Buy stating their records showed that I purchased an HD DVD player form them and that I should expect a gift card in the mail no later then May 1st. So I dont have to do a thing. This is great!

you only purchased one from there?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
very comparable. Unless you have a top of the line system that can take advantage of the one new HD audio format that the PS3 can't decode, it is a great player.

I enjoy mine, it is very worth it to have a PS3 that can play Bluray, vs. a stand alone.

I was under the impression that the motor in the game systems was of a lesser quality because games don't spin continuously like movies do. Therefore, as it was told to me, the PS3 and it's internal motor will wear out much faster if you use it as your primary blu-ray player due to the fact it spins a-lot more than if you just use it for games.

Was I told wrong??

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the motor in the game systems was of a lesser quality because games don't spin continuously like movies do. Therefore, as it was told to me, the PS3 and it's internal motor will wear out much faster if you use it as your primary blu-ray player due to the fact it spins a-lot more than if you just use it for games.

Was I told wrong??

I think that you have.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazon and WalMart are also giving $50 rebate for buying HDDVD players....

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think I qualify for the one I bought for only 54.00?

if you still have the receipt, yes. If you bought it from Amazon, and not from a used seller..then yes.

I wonder how this works at Walmart. They have the hddvd add on for $49. If they give you the $50, it could be free.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
from a logistical stand point, companies are going to have to pay tax on their inventories, so it may be worth giving them away for free... especially if they are sitting on thousands of them

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you still have the receipt, yes. If you bought it from Amazon, and not from a used seller..then yes.

I wonder how this works at Walmart. They have the hddvd add on for $49. If they give you the $50, it could be free.

It was the floor model at Walmart.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope. There were 3 of them there in the case. Again, it was the 360 addon.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it only took 4 months but I finally got me 5 free HD-DVDs from purchasing my player last November.

Already sold them on Ebay for about $10 a piece shipped. Better than nothing for HD-DVDs that I could care less about. Although I did keep the Hulk HD-DVD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard