Official Arizona Weather Thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
how the hell did a thread on Arizona weather get 260 pages??

I opened this up expecting to see...
its hot today...repeated for 225 pages,..then

its not too hot today,...for a page,

then back to Its hot today

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
how the hell did a thread on Arizona weather get 260 pages??

I opened this up expecting to see...
its hot today...repeated for 225 pages,..then

its not too hot today,...for a page,

then back to Its hot today
To be fair this thread was started 10 years ago.

This was sent from my cell pjone so please excise any typeos or other errors.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bone dry the entire night at 85th Ave and Olive.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Central Arizona at risk?
You've most likely heard of the massive drought across the West and wondered, "What does this mean for me, for Greater Phoenix? Will we run out of water?"

The answer is no, we're prepared.

However, Arizona is in the midst of a 21-year drought. And this past winter's El Nino weather pattern did not deliver relief.

Amid all this dire news, why is Greater Phoenix not facing water rationing or other mandatory reduction measures?

Because Central Arizona Project (CAP), Salt River Project (SRP), the Arizona Department of Water Resources (ADWR) and Valley municipalities have worked ceaselessly to ensure the region remains a global leader in water resource management and drought preparedness through investment in infrastructure that provides access to multiple water supplies, allows for the storage of water underground, the implementation of pioneering water laws and a long-term commitment to conservation.

Is this article an accurate summation of the water situation?

http://www.droughtfacts.com/risks.aspx

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Is this article an accurate summation of the water situation?

http://www.droughtfacts.com/risks.aspx
Yes. The truth of the matter is that Arizona is a very well run state. Long ago the political leaders realized that we live in a desert and would be susceptible to drought and made plans that have been incredibly successful. So successful, in fact, that I believe california (which must have thought that they had an actual ocean of water so why worry) wanted a portion of our water from the Colorado River.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember Goldwater having some regrets about the canal system... I think he or the engineers didn't take evaporation into account... Or something like that.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. The truth of the matter is that Arizona is a very well run state. Long ago the political leaders realized that we live in a desert and would be susceptible to drought and made plans that have been incredibly successful. So successful, in fact, that I believe california (which must have thought that they had an actual ocean of water so why worry) wanted a portion of our water from the Colorado River.

In the 80's, a bi-partisan effort was made to address Arizona's long-term water issues. Bruce Babbitt and GOP leaders in the Legislature worked together to come up with a far-reaching plan.

Unfortunately, the current incarnation of the GOP has been steadily undoing at lot of the good done in the past.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slow day if we are getting a Olbinski appearance :)

LOL :)

Someone said something that reminded me of this place and I had to stop by...I just am in such another world right now with my own business and kids and all that, I barely think about sports and stuff, although I'm still a huge Cards fan and try to watch the Suns when I can. Wish I had more time! Miss this place!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL :)

Someone said something that reminded me of this place and I had to stop by...I just am in such another world right now with my own business and kids and all that, I barely think about sports and stuff, although I'm still a huge Cards fan and try to watch the Suns when I can. Wish I had more time! Miss this place!

Glad you could stop by! :wave:

We really enjoy seeing your name and work pop up in various stories, awards, etc.! I know I always feels some pride when an ASFN'r does well out there. :thumbup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave