Official Arizona Weather Thread

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Most of my facebook friends are whining about the "cold weather."

Meanwhile, I'm riding my bike 4 times a week just soaking this weather up!

Am I the only one who lives for this time of year? Cuz most Arizonans seem to complain more about the cold more than the heat these days. :( I have lived here my whole life but I still resent every summer like it's just trying to personally make me miserable. :p

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
41 this morning, pretty damn cold. I dont mind it though, if I had to be outside longer I would just dress warmer. My favorite time of year was over the last month in the mid 80s. I have now closed all my windows at night again and the girls are trying to get me to turn the heater on.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Most of my facebook friends are whining about the "cold weather."

Meanwhile, I'm riding my bike 4 times a week just soaking this weather up!

Am I the only one who lives for this time of year? Cuz most Arizonans seem to complain more about the cold more than the heat these days. :( I have lived here my whole life but I still resent every summer like it's just trying to personally make me miserable. :p
Nope. I'm a huge fan of cold thermogenesis. I still jump in my pool at least once per week and soak my legs after a nice long run. Cold showers, minimal clothing, etc. I try to be as cold as possible all the time.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most rain last night we've had in the 8 years at my house - almost 2 inches in under an hour

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most rain last night we've had in the 8 years at my house - almost 2 inches in under an hour

My whole back yard flooded, it was crazy. Driving down baseline today was trees everywhere in the street.

One of the lightning bolts thunder shook my whole house. Great weather event.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That tree landed on a bunch of employee cars at Baby Kays Cajun Kitchen. Thankfully, my wife wasnt there with her new SUV

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else get some good rain the past two days? Yesterday I had pea-sized hail for the most part. Some 1/2" stuff and a handful of quarter-sized. Got a 1/2" in a 20min deluge. Overall, I got .8" yesterday and tosay, doubling the yearly amount in just two days. NICE!

My sister is in Gold Canyon and had some screens tore up from the hail and others had windows shattered from the hail - mostly cars.

Last edited:

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Anyone else get some good rain the past two days? Yesterday I had pea-sized hail for the most part. Some 1/2" stuff and a handful of quarter-sized. Got a 1/2" in a 20min deluge. Overall, I got .8" yesterday and tosay, doubling the yearly amount in just two days. NICE!

My sister is in Gold Canyon and had some screens tore up from the hair and others had windows shattered from the hail - mostly cars.
I got sideways rain on Monday. Multiple trees uprooted in my neighborhood too.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gnarly storm tonight. Thought my roof was gonna blow off. No power lost though, thankfully.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Maybe we should just go back to “dust storm.”

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great lightening show and very LOUD thunder! The winds were incredible... can't believe I didn't lose a tree.

About 9:20 we got 10 seconds of the loudest thunder I have ever heard. It shook the windows. Seemed like no time between the flash and the BOOM! so the lightning strike must have been pretty close. Most of the storm had died out so it scared the tar out of me.

Lots of trees down in the neighborhood.

The Desert Ridge Mall and Marriott Resort had a ton of damage. Roof damage at the MIM.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving from Albq yesterday, I thought it was odd that wild grass on some of the mesas was healthy and green. This is the time of year where everything has already gone to seed and dormant....between say, Camp verde and Bumble Bee. Seems like only an invasive species would be green now. . btw, I'm no botanist, just making an observation.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving from Albq yesterday, I thought it was odd that wild grass on some of the mesas was healthy and green. This is the time of year where everything has already gone to seed and dormant....between say, Camp verde and Bumble Bee. Seems like only an invasive species would be green now. . btw, I'm no botanist, just making an observation.

We had the rainiest October on record - it is green in a lot of places that normally aren't

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson