Official Arizona Weather Thread

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a freaking letdown. Only good part was the lower temps.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got about an hour of really hard rain here around 6p.m. in Mesa, but it went away as quick as it came.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting some nice heavy rain over here on the west side.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
It is crazy outside.

Hail reported in some parts of Phoenix. Severe thunderstorm warning till 4:15pm

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
There was nothing going on here so I went to Walgreens to return a movie at Redbox. It was taken away this week. So I went to Frys, it was out of order. Then I head over to Safeway and all hell broke loose. I parked at the curb right in front of their entrance because is was starting to rain hard and the wind was blowing like heck. It was maybe 15 feet from my truck to the entrance and I got completely soaked. The automatic doors stayed open and the rain was blowing in the store. I returned the movie and the entire front of the store was flooded as the door was still open. The gift cards on the rack were blown all over the store. It was crazy. I ran back to my truck, got more drenched and waited until the rain and wind slowed down as I could not see where I was going. Crazy.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was nothing going on here so I went to Walgreens to return a movie at Redbox. It was taken away this week. So I went to Frys, it was out of order. Then I head over to Safeway and all hell broke loose. I parked at the curb right in front of their entrance because is was starting to rain hard and the wind was blowing like heck. It was maybe 15 feet from my truck to the entrance and I got completely soaked. The automatic doors stayed open and the rain was blowing in the store. I returned the movie and the entire front of the store was flooded as the door was still open. The gift cards on the rack were blown all over the store. It was crazy. I ran back to my truck, got more drenched and waited until the rain and wind slowed down as I could not see where I was going. Crazy.

Yep. About two minutes before that hit I'd gone outside and saw a LOT of lightning to the south. It was calm...no wind or rain. Came inside and WHAM. There was also hail for a few minutes.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's freaking El Niño here in Albuquerque. Been raining pretty much for 2 days straight. Probably 2 inches today alone... crazy. Haven't seen it do this here in years.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:offtopic:

Excuse me, but you need to start a "Official New Mexico Weather Thread"

:p

Well, I thought about that, but I've been on the board since day one and have only started, oh maybe 10 threads. They've all died a quick ugly death, so I didn't want to add another one to that pitiful list. :)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yep. About two minutes before that hit I'd gone outside and saw a LOT of lightning to the south. It was calm...no wind or rain. Came inside and WHAM. There was also hail for a few minutes.

You must live "out here" too.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heber to Payson

Attachments

• att_1449948848977171.jpg
    att_1449948848977171.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 81

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember a time where the Lows were consistently in the 30s for such a long period of time

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard