Official Arizona Weather Thread

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I don't get is this.. The weather pattern goes from west to east over the USA.. Except in PHX where it goes east to west every time.. By the time it reaches the westside, it's had died out from the heat of the valley..

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat here in Chicago got up to 90 degrees a couple days in a row, and people call it a heat wave. 84 degrees today.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat here in Chicago got up to 90 degrees a couple days in a row, and people call it a heat wave. 84 degrees today.

This thread is about AZ weather :mulli:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we got nailed with the dust storm and thrunderstorm after on Monday. Last night I could see it out west but we got nothing east. Monday nights storms was one of the best I have seen. I couldnt see my neighbor across the streets door because of the amount of rain falling. HEAVY winds. awesome.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That's very indicative of the site lately.

That being said, I was driving in the east valley today and it was nuts,
Major street flooding everywhere, i.e. McClintock just down to two lanes, they closed down the I-60, just crazy.

The Vortex has even been getting rocked the last couple of days. :D

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
Vegas got a decent amount of rain for well vegas today lol. Just like Phoenix, no one believes in storm drains so if someone spits, it floods. What makes it worse is that since Vegas truly is just a bowl it all goes down to the strip. Guess they have to wash the stench off down there somehow! :p

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not one drop at my house.. I think it was all a hoax about this flooding..

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
All but shut down the area around Cave Creek and Deer Valley rd yesterday. As I was sitting in my truck trying to decide if it would be safe for me to go through that intersection I see a Mini Cooper go by. Just made it out of the intersection before it died. Idiot driver.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, nothing.. I saw the clouds all day.. If it did rain it was very quick and very light.. That I messed it..

Crazy, by az mills it rained from when I woke at 5am until about 2pm, non stop. Frys electronics parking lot was a lake.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It POURED here. Lots of flooded roads and parking lots and yards. A neighbor just told me they're still running pumps at Cave Creek Road and Pinnacle Peak to try and drain the water. Cave Creek is considered the "safe" road when it rains.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It POURED here. Lots of flooded roads and parking lots and yards. A neighbor just told me they're still running pumps at Cave Creek Road and Pinnacle Peak to try and drain the water. Cave Creek is considered the "safe" road when it rains.

Ditto... Took the dog for a walk early this morning and couldn't believe the amount of dirt that was moved into the streets from the desert. Huge mounds of earth were piled in the streets... they actually served as speed bumps which is pretty cool I guess.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
All but shut down the area around Cave Creek and Deer Valley rd yesterday. As I was sitting in my truck trying to decide if it would be safe for me to go through that intersection I see a Mini Cooper go by. Just made it out of the intersection before it died. Idiot driver.

You're right. It was really bad there.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's rained more in Albuquerque this past week than I've seen in a decade. Just flat pouring at my house right now. What's weird is its been sustained for at least a week...every day at least 1/2 inch. More at night.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Very nice,, steady hard rain with some lightening and thunder to boot! Just can't get enough of this weather.... Uh - check that... Yes I can! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats twice in a week the weather predicted nothing. Back on saturday we got 5-10 minutes of rain in tempe and last night we got hit good, hard rain, thunder, lightning, the whole shibang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave