Oct 1st Suns vs Kings @7pm

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
is there anywhere to go for highlights of this game?

suns nba home page?
Saw this posted on another forum of Ayton's highlights by the NBA's official YouTube channel.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I love this guy.

Also, I stand by my analysis of Shaq Harrison. He's a reverse T-Rex; he cannot see things when they ARE moving.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bridges was pretty bad tonight. Ariza played well, but I am guessing they don't want an old guy playing big minutes in preseason.
Bridges looked pretty bad in summer league too. I hope he's able to get it together soon, he's a top 10 pick as well.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bridges looked pretty bad in summer league too. I hope he's able to get it together soon, he's a top 10 pick as well.
He only played 12 minutes and put up 3 shots - two from 3 pt range. I would have liked to see him get a few more of JJ's minutes.
On Bender, he came in and immediately drove the hoop. Awesome. Unfortunately, the ball was tipped (or dribbled - tough to tell) off his leg and out of bounds on the drive and he melted away right then and there. The boy needs some confidence but I don't know how he gets it without extended time in the G-League...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Maybe we should make Jackson and Booker our starting back court. Tonight Jackson's line: 17 points, 5 reb, 6 ast, 3 to's, 2 st. Let's be honest. If any of our pg's put up that line we would be thrilled.

Jackson
Booker
Warren
Ariza
Ayton

Just start your best players.

BTW. I watched Ayton's defense in particular. His switching out on the perimeter was excellent.
After watching him last season when they let him bring the ball up and start plays, my son and I were talking about how he is basically becoming a PG in a SF body. He definitely knows how to get the ball into Ayton, and at this point, I think that's all that matters!

In his college games they let him guard wings and guards out at the three point line. He can definitely switch on defense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Except I got the message, Stef, and will try my best to not be obsessive any more. I happily relinquish my title as Senior to 1Sun (even though I am over thirty years older).

Not about the Point Guard situation. Not about Bender (after this game). And I am very optimistic about the coaching. And especially, as we all are, about Ayton.
BC, as obsessive as you can be at times, you never approached what we are viewing with 1Sun. This is something special. No one should ignore it. Enjoy the spectacle while it lasts. Enjoy it for what it is. It’s artistic really.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns may need to play Jackson more at the PF spot if one of Bender or Anderson doesn't step up. I was at least expecting Anderson to shoot the ball.

It looks like Booker, Ayton, Ariza, Warren and Jackson will be the Suns strengths.

I like Okobo a lot as a rookie PG. He has tremendous upside.

I'm still scratching my head about Bridges.
One preseason game, mainstream. One preseason game. Give Anderson and Bridges at least one more chance buddy . . .

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw this posted on another forum of Ayton's highlights by the NBA's official YouTube channel.

He was doing everything in his first preaseason game we hoped Alex Len might someday learn to do. He switching defense was very good in this game.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After watching him last season when they let him bring the ball up and start plays, my son and I were talking about how he is basically becoming a PG in a SF body. He definitely knows how to get the ball into Ayton, and at this point, I think that's all that matters!

In his college games they let him guard wings and guards out at the three point line. He can definitely switch on defense.
BTW. JJ looks like he has grown taller. He seems a legit 6-9, 6-10--looks every bit as tall as Ryan Anderson. And that is without the extra hair that he had last year.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
BC, as obsessive as you can be at times, you never approached what we are viewing with 1Sun. This is something special. No one should ignore it. Enjoy the spectacle while it lasts. Enjoy it for what it is. It’s artistic really.
Is that what the kids are calling it these days? I'm sorry but the thread was a lot more palatable once his posts never saw my eyes (or something like that).

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Honestly Jackson is the best PG on this roster. Night and day watching him get Ayton the ball in comparison to Shaq. Shaq couldn't do it in Summer League and couldn't do it last night. JJ looks so damn smooth when he's playing at a non-frantic pace and is a surprisingly good passer / ball handler. Shot looks a lot better too.

I'm all for a Jackson, Booker, Ariza, Anderson, Ayton lineup.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Honestly Jackson is the best PG on this roster. Night and day watching him get Ayton the ball in comparison to Shaq. Shaq couldn't do it in Summer League and couldn't do it last night. JJ looks so damn smooth when he's playing at a non-frantic pace and is a surprisingly good passer / ball handler. Shot looks a lot better too.

I'm all for a Jackson, Booker, Bridges, Anderson, Ayton lineup. Bridges because I think TJ's scoring is gonna be needed on the second unit.

Don't forget Ariza.

This is probably our best option right now, but I remain concerned about it having the same effect on Booker as it did last year.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Don't forget Ariza.

This is probably our best option right now, but I remain concerned about it having the same effect on Booker as it did last year.

I have no idea why but I temporarily spaced out on Ariza. Edited my post. ;)

Jackson at the 1 frees up minutes for Bridges as well. Hoping they at least experiment with it during the preseason. Can't be any worse than what they're running out their at PG currently.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he's so damn smooth. Man, if this kid reaches his potential, he's going to be an all-timer... which means contending for a DECADE.

Can't wait to watch games this season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was really impressed with Ayton last night.

The improvement in his post ups, and post defense was very noticeable from summer league. This is a very good sign as it suggests he takes coaching well.

I am pretty sure after last night he will be a perennial all star, and has a great chance at ROY.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he's so damn smooth. Man, if this kid reaches his potential, he's going to be an all-timer... which means contending for a DECADE.

Can't wait to watch games this season.
He is smooth. He has no wasted motion and yet is nimble and quick. Embiid flops all over the place as he plays. Ayton's style shows a tremendous amount of skill and self-control. The player I remember playing like this, with no wasted motion and with this kind of self control, was Kareem. He is not Kareem of course, he is just similar in that one aspect.