Oct 1st Suns vs Kings @7pm

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The "main ball-handler on the team" won't be there when the regular season starts, either. With so much at stake in terms of team culture and setting the tone for the future with this young core, do you really want this season to start the same way last season started?

I'm beginning to be concerned we won't take home the Lombardi Trophy this year.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except I got the message, Stef, and will try my best to not be obsessive any more. I happily relinquish my title as Senior to 1Sun (even though I am over thirty years older).

Not about the Point Guard situation. Not about Bender (after this game). And I am very optimistic about the coaching. And especially, as we all are, about Ayton.
Have to smile. Good on you for the effort.

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yeah. Looks like Chandler only got 8 mins.

Do you all think the game would have been a blow out for the suns if Booker was playing?
Would have been a blowout if the Suns hit there 3s

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well for all the negative talk, the guy is ONLY 20 years old. I think there's just a maturity thing going on. Hell he can't even drink beer. Our Supreme Court nominee was enjoying lots of beer at Bender's age.

If you're suggesting that we should all drink beer to help Bender's game, you might be on to something.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just frustrated that nobody else here saw this coming based on his awful play in summer league and mediocre play last season. Where I'm surprised is that he is now as bad defensively as he is offensively. Mike James without a jump shot.

LOL... just cause no one else posts about it EVERY SINGLE POST THEY MAKE doesn't mean others didn't see it coming.

At this point, I hope none of those PGs own bunnies because they are going to get boiled by this dude.

Good lord man.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns may need to play Jackson more at the PF spot if one of Bender or Anderson doesn't step up. I was at least expecting Anderson to shoot the ball.

It looks like Booker, Ayton, Ariza, Warren and Jackson will be the Suns strengths.

I like Okobo a lot as a rookie PG. He has tremendous upside.

I'm still scratching my head about Bridges.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL... just cause no one else posts about it EVERY SINGLE POST THEY MAKE doesn't mean others didn't see it coming.

At this point, I hope none of those PGs own bunnies because they are going to get boiled by this dude.

Good lord man.

A Fatal Attraction reference on the Suns board? Nice.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a quote from Kings coach Dave Joerger.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm just frustrated that nobody else here saw this coming based on his awful play in summer league and mediocre play last season. Where I'm surprised is that he is now as bad defensively as he is offensively. Mike James without a jump shot.

Yeah, what Cheese said. Just because we don't think it's going to cause an apocalypse doesn't mean people didn't see the problem.

I can think of only one or 2 posters who don't think the point guard position is an obvious hole.

But I still don't want a pointless stop gap who will leave us with the same hole in a year and I think unless we got a REALLY good point guard, Booker will be doing much of the ball handling anyway.

And no, I'm not worried about who will be doing it if Booker isn't back by the start of the season, I don't think a team who's max threshold is probably 35 wins should be slinging trades because a player might be out a couple weeks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As for Bender.

I've defended him here and there, I've given him chances, but he's a trainwreck. He looks just awful. Timid, clueless... he gets in space and his first instinct seems to be to get rid of the ball instead of shooting or attacking.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for Bender.

I've defended him here and there, I've given him chances, but he's a trainwreck. He looks just awful. Timid, clueless... he gets in space and his first instinct seems to be to get rid of the ball instead of shooting or attacking.

He does some good things, occasionally. But when he's not doing those very few good things he's either invisible or horrible.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bender has had his opportunity to develop. He will ride the pine now until he proves he has something. There is no point any more in rewarding poor play with minutes.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
FWIW, Booker is already shooting with his right hand.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe we should make Jackson and Booker our starting back court. Tonight Jackson's line: 17 points, 5 reb, 6 ast, 3 to's, 2 st. Let's be honest. If any of our pg's put up that line we would be thrilled.

Jackson
Booker
Warren
Ariza
Ayton

Just start your best players.

BTW. I watched Ayton's defense in particular. His switching out on the perimeter was excellent.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should make Jackson and Booker our starting back court. Tonight Jackson's line: 17 points, 5 reb, 6 ast, 3 to's, 2 st. Let's be honest. If any of our pg's put up that line we would be thrilled.

Jackson
Booker
Warren
Ariza
Ayton

Just start your best players.

BTW. I watched Ayton's defense in particular. His switching out on the perimeter was excellent.

I don't know who will start but I expect to see Booker run the offense most of the time even when we have a PG out there. If Harrison could at least make the open 3 we could survive pairing the two but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. So, I expect Booker, Jackson, Warren, Ariza, Ayton, Anderson, Daniels, Holmes and Reed will eat up most of the minutes until Okobo or Melton is ready to help. Unless we go outside for PG help.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there anywhere to go for highlights of this game?

suns nba home page?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns may need to play Jackson more at the PF spot if one of Bender or Anderson doesn't step up. I was at least expecting Anderson to shoot the ball.

It looks like Booker, Ayton, Ariza, Warren and Jackson will be the Suns strengths.

I like Okobo a lot as a rookie PG. He has tremendous upside.

I'm still scratching my head about Bridges.
Anderson is not a starting caliber player anymore. Houston didn't even think so after they started him for so many games alongside players who are much, much better than the Suns have to offer.

We have other options at the forward spot so doesn't make sense to start him at least imo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort