Oct 1st Suns vs Kings @7pm

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sac won the 4th quarter and the game by only 4, despite the Suns shooting 3/20 from three point range and without Booker.

Take away Bender's play and we could have won ...

14 minutes -- 2 points (both on free throws), 2 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 turnovers and 3 fouls.

Time for a new catch phrase -- addition by benching. :)

Harrison also had 6 turnovers.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sac won the 4th quarter and the game by only 4, despite the Suns shooting 3/20 from three point range and without Booker.

Take away Bender's play and we could have won ...

14 minutes -- 2 points (both on free throws), 2 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 turnovers and 3 fouls.

Time for a new catch phrase -- addition by benching. :)

I really, really want Bender to work out, but the evidence continues to mount that he likely never will.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You can do what I plan to do. Don't go to games until they bring in a real point guard. The empty seats should convince management to do something if common sense won't.
The only problem with that is I am going to go watch me some Booker and Ayton! Even without a PG!

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
We need better three point shooting. That is the issue.
We have a bunch of good 3pt shooters, just everyone's shot was off. I can see Anderson getting some good minutes. I think we kept our vets out of the game for the most part.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only problem with that is I am going to go watch me some Booker and Ayton! Even without a PG!

Make them get a point guard first. Then go and watch a much better Booker and Ayton!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We have a bunch of good 3pt shooters, just everyone's shot was off. I can see Anderson getting some good minutes. I think we kept our vets out of the game for the most part.

Hard for the shots to be on when they are being rushed because passing is neither timely nor crisp...

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was a lot of sloppy play. Once they learn how to include Ayton more, it will even be more effective. The Jackson/Ayton connection is really exciting. JJ actually played decently for brief moments as a pg. Maybe he could be our Ben Si . . . nah, well? . . . nah.

Okobo is interesting. He is a calm player. Unflustered. Plays solid. Not flashy. Harrison is a feast or famine player. Highlight plays or big mistakes, no in between.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
So what did we learn (if anything) from this game?

- Ayton is (probably) going to be the star we all hoped.

- We still need a PG. But Okobo should factor in if we don't get one, I believe.

- Warren and Jackson still need to be the other major options after Booker/Ayton.

- Bender still seems lost in space... and may be getting very close to being given up on, you have to believe.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah. Looks like Chandler only got 8 mins.

Do you all think the game would have been a blow out for the suns if Booker was playing?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The last half of the first quarter I got to see the team looked really good. They kinda got lost, especially in the second quarter, reverting to one on one play. The third quarter took some time to get rolling, too. The glimpse from the first quarter gave me some hope Igor is the right coach.

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Why did Ariza and bridges play only 14 and 17 mins?
Ariza proved he is ready no real reason to be out there, Bridges proved he is not ready and looked lost out there. I am sure it was just Rookie nerves.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard for the shots to be on when they are being rushed because passing is neither timely nor crisp...
OK. Ignore.

All I can hear is. "Ya gotta know the territory!"

Whadayatalk whadayatalk whadayatalk whadayatalk whadayatalk whadayatalk

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I just want Bender off of this team. He is painful to watch.

His only specialty are airballs, even on 4ft hook shots and he still cant take advantage of Midget point guards defending him.

He is utterly useless on defense too, he just sucks and I don‘t need the constant reminder that we used a
#4 pick on this dud by having to watch him play.

Worst draft pick in Suns history.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

His only specialty are airballs, even on 4ft hook shots and he still cant take advantage of Midget point guards defending him.

He is utterly useless on defense too, he just sucks and I don‘t need the constant reminder that we used a

I still say William Bedford was worse, but yeah, he was an awful pick.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I really, really want Bender to work out, but the evidence continues to mount that he likely never will.
Well for all the negative talk, the guy is ONLY 20 years old. I think there's just a maturity thing going on. Hell he can't even drink beer. Our Supreme Court nominee was enjoying lots of beer at Bender's age.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

As someone who defended Bender several times the past couple years as a prospect with plenty of time to improve, I must say your early criticisms look insightful in retrospect. I've lost confidence.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There was a lot of sloppy play. Once they learn how to include Ayton more, it will even be more effective. The Jackson/Ayton connection is really exciting. JJ actually played decently for brief moments as a pg. Maybe he could be our Ben Si . . . nah, well? . . . nah.

Okobo is interesting. He is a calm player. Unflustered. Plays solid. Not flashy. Harrison is a feast or famine player. Highlight plays or big mistakes, no in between.
That's what I want at PG. A steady hand to steer the ship!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Yeah, 1Sun (BC Junior) is making me miss Andrew and therealhardaway.
Except I got the message, Stef, and will try my best to not be obsessive any more. I happily relinquish my title as Senior to 1Sun (even though I am over thirty years older).

Not about the Point Guard situation. Not about Bender (after this game). And I am very optimistic about the coaching. And especially, as we all are, about Ayton.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Coaching, I have some hope. They looked real good first quarter. Now was it coaching or players fault when they reverted to one on one ball, and porous defense? I am hoping the early crisp run plays stretch out over four quarters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen