Nuggets @ Suns Thursday game thread 4-6-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ishbia is clearly a risk taker and he definitely knows the current roster has an extremely short championship window. Not judging now until the playoffs, but I don't think Monty is enough of an x's and o's guy to really maximize all the talent he has.

Like any new owner, I wish Ishbia had got his feet wet first. I don't think he had a full grasp of the assets he was giving up.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Weren’t you just hysterically posting about this team possibly slipping to the play in and not even making the playoffs?

These W’s matter. They got us HCA. That said, they still have a very very long way to go before playing a championship level… despite the gaudy looking record.
"Hysterially?" LMAO... You slay me Cheese... IIRC, I posed the question: "Will they avoid the play-in?" LOL...

Anyway, the wins are important in terms of keeping the team out of the play-in. But, maybe I read too much into your bro's post...in that, I really don't care that the team "with Durant" is undefeated. What this team does with Durant in the post season is what matters... That was my point.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
One guy brought up on a radio show, what if the Suns DON'T lose a game with Durant through the playoffs? It's not probable, but it is possible since there aren't that many games left. He was pointing out that would go down as one of the all time best trades ever, if that played out in that way.
That ain't gonna happen of course... Hell, I'm still not comfortable about this team making it out of the West!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
-2014 4th qtr meltdown vs OKC
-2015 game 6 meltdown vs HOU
-2016 injury vs Portland
-2017 game 7 vs Utah 6/19 shooting outplayed by George Hill
-2018 injury
-2021 injured/choked vs Bucks
-2022 sick/choked vs Mavs

Paul has a history of getting injured, getting sick and choking in the playoffs. Not exactly a small sample size at this point…

I think his birthday falls at the wrong time. I wish the man could just focus on basketball. I swear I heard rumors about him celebrating his birthday. Then that’s when he got COVID.

Idk just speculation on all his post season woes. He was so ball dominant in previous failures, hopefully KD can spell that from our end of game sets.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to back to back losses with HCA and being favored in all three series, while going from losing in the Finals to Conference Semifinals to First Round should be enough to sink anyone.

I doubt it would tho.
Agreed - it should be the end of Monty, but won't be

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like any new owner, I wish Ishbia had got his feet wet first. I don't think he had a full grasp of the assets he was giving up.
Or he was and wanted a legit Superstar next to Book… the guy is a basketball nut what makes you think he is unaware of anything? I’m sure JJ let him know as well but we are much more of a contender with Durant period! I for one am glad we now have an owner that’s trying to win and not save money…

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or he was and wanted a legit Superstar next to Book… the guy is a basketball nut what makes you think he is unaware of anything? I’m sure JJ let him know as well but we are much more of a contender with Durant period! I for one am glad we now have an owner that’s trying to win and not save money…

I didn't say, "he is unaware of anything."

However, I do think there is a learning curve when a new owner purchases an NBA franchise.

Assets, once spent under the new CBA, are not easily replaced.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't say, "he is unaware of anything."

However, I do think there is a learning curve when a new owner purchases an NBA franchise.

Assets, once spent under the new CBA, are not easily replaced.
How do you call the new owner stupid, without actually calling him an idiot? :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Hysterially?" LMAO... You slay me Cheese... IIRC, I posed the question: "Will they avoid the play-in?" LOL...
you really don't know how you come off on this site re: the suns. it's always the sky is falling.
Anyway, the wins are important in terms of keeping the team out of the play-in.
and getting HCA.
But, maybe I read too much into your bro's post...in that, I really don't care that the team "with Durant" is undefeated. What this team does with Durant in the post season is what matters... That was my point.
Duh.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do you call the new owner stupid, without actually calling him an idiot? :)

That's a insane stretch. I guess since you disagree with the point he was making it's easier to twist into whatever that nonsense is instead of actually discussing what he meant, which was pretty clear.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's a insane stretch. I guess since you disagree with the point he was making it's easier to twist into whatever that nonsense is instead of actually discussing what he meant, which was pretty clear.
Lighten up Francis.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lighten up Francis.
Using that when it's friendly banter is fine, using it to take a cheap shot at another poster sucks. Just like accusing someone of being the board police and then putting a smiley on it so you can pretend you're joking. You would hit the roof if anyone treated you the way you've treated some of us the past few months.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The intriguing thing I see with Chris Paul this season (hopefully it shows up in the playoffs) is his willingness to shoot the 3-point shot. Previously, he was dependent on driving and creating the mid-range shot.

Paul doesn't have the hops or quickness to do this consistently anymore, although the 3-point shot should help this part of his game as well, opening up more of his game.
He’s actually had 6 seasons where he’s short as many, or more 3’s per game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Back to back to back losses with HCA and being favored in all three series, while going from losing in the Finals to Conference Semifinals to First Round should be enough to sink anyone.

I doubt it would tho.
Had ishbia been owner for all those I think it would be automatic. As his first year he might give monty more rope.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think at this stage of Paul's career, shooting 3-pointers has become a necessity wheras before, it may not have been.

Like Nash, he probably should have been shooting more 3-pointers anyway.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right? I’m willing to bet this guy knows more about basketball and the league than any of us.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Using that when it's friendly banter is fine, using it to take a cheap shot at another poster sucks. Just like accusing someone of being the board police and then putting a smiley on it so you can pretend you're joking. You would hit the roof if anyone treated you the way you've treated some of us the past few months.
Tell me again what your excuse is for not taking a joke? You guys are becoming unbearable. If you are so upset then feel free to use ignore Steve. I certainly won’t lose any sleep over it. Lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tell me again what your excuse is for not taking a joke? You guys are becoming unbearable. If you are so upset then feel free to use ignore Steve. I certainly won’t lose any sleep over it. Lol

What's the punchline Chap? Do tell. Adding "lol" or a smiley to a snarky post doesn't make something a joke.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What's the punchline Chap? Do tell. Adding "lol" or a smiley to a snarky post doesn't make something a joke.

I’ll just let you go in about how bad the trade is. Maybe make it your signature so you don’t have to type it every time.

Mainstreet continues to push this narrative that Ishbia made a big mistake with this trade because he has no experience. So my post was actually true if just a bit exaggerated, which was the point.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll just let you go in about how bad the trade is. Maybe make it your signature so you don’t have to type it every time.

Mainstreet continues to push this narrative that Ishbia made a big mistake with this trade because he has no experience. So my post was actually true if just a bit exaggerated, which was the point.

So no one can have an opinion other than yours? And you had the nerve to accuse someone else of acting like the board police. Now that's a joke.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave