Nuggets @ Suns Thursday game thread 4-6-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Thursday, the Nuggets visit. Afterward, the Suns play at the Lakers on Friday in the second night of back-to-back games.

The Nuggets are 52-27. They lose to the Rockets on Tuesday.

Suns are 44-35 with the win over the Spurs.

When: Thursday, April 6th

Television: TNT, Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7 pm Arizona Time

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only three games left in the season with the Suns looking to clinch 4th place in the West.

April 6 vs Denver
April 7 @ Lakers
April 9 vs Clippers

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the Suns clinch playoff spot #4 tonight. I think all the teams have 3 games left right?

Even if the Suns lose the last 3 and all the other teams win their last 3 there would be a 4 way tie of 44-38.

The Suns own the tie breaker with all the teams 4-7 if memory serves me right.

Last edited:

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I believe the Suns clinch playoff spot #4 tonight. I think all the teams have 3 games left right?

Even if the Suns lose the last 3 and all the other teams win their last 3 there would be a 4 way tie of 44-38.

The Suns own the tie breaker with all the teams 4-7 if memory serves me right.
Warriors have 2 left. Suns own the tiebreaker on the Warriors and can win the series if they beat Lakers/Clippers.

But if we lose out and either LA team runs the table, we’d have a better conference record so yes I believe we have clinched the 4 seed.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. Do you rest Book, KD, and others or play them? I think we play them. They need more time together. I know its a risk.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. Do you rest Book, KD, and others or play them? I think we play them. They need more time together. I know its a risk.
I think you play everyone maybe a little minutes restriction like 25 per but we need to be headed into the playoffs gelling not resting! Imo you don’t want to start playoffs after you backed off like last season. Every year a team that has to fight to the end to make it ends up doing well as they are riding a hot streak not trying to restart! Don’t get crazy with minutes but guys need to play we will get a week off anyway with the play in stuff, the last thing we want is guys sitting around for a few weeks…

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns confirm they have 4th place clinched in the Western Conference.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Play them. The need to learn each other’s sweet spots and timing.
We’re also getting some rest for these guys between season and play in and playoffs. Don’t want there to be an unnecessary amount of rust, especially with a team still figuring itself out.

Play the guys, but everyone on minutes restrictions, win or lose.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Denver hasn’t technically clinched the 1 seed and their coach called them soft after losing to the Rockets.

Jamal Murray hurt his thumb last night and only played like 9 minutes. The 4 seed is clinched. Let’s work on building continuity before the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver hasn’t technically clinched the 1 seed and their coach called them soft after losing to the Rockets.

Jamal Murray hurt his thumb last night and only played like 9 minutes. The 4 seed is clinched. Let’s work on building continuity before the playoffs.

Denver coach Michael Malone is not happy one bit. I'm looking for a Nuggets team looking to prove they are not "soft."

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I was in charge I play the starters against Denver, and bench them in the last 2 games.

I personally think the danger of injury is a bigger deal than any chemistry gain.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was in charge I play the starters against Denver, and bench them in the last 2 games.

I personally think the danger of injury is a bigger deal than any chemistry gain.
so, with a team that's barely figuring itself out, you'd in essence have them go 10 days without playing a live game before their first EVER playoff game together on the 15th or 16th?

that is a horrific idea not only from a rust standpoint, but from a team-building one as well. I get that MAYBE you could do that if we were playing an 8 seed or something, but we are going to get a major challenge from anyone in that 4 slot that we will have to be firing on all cylinders on to beat. The last thing this team can afford is to immediately drop Game 1 at home and put itself behind the 8 ball to start the playoffs.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. Nearly consensus here on this. Sorry Prox. You are the odd guy out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We were able to see upfront and personal what taking the gas off last year did to this team. They just never looked the same after that.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were able to see upfront and personal what taking the gas off last year did to this team. They just never looked the same after that.
They did not take the gas off last year, they just started sucking. I still to this day don't know why, but it wasn't because they took their foot off the gas.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns do not have anyone on the injury report.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so, with a team that's barely figuring itself out, you'd in essence have them go 10 days without playing a live game before their first EVER playoff game together on the 15th or 16th?

that is a horrific idea not only from a rust standpoint, but from a team-building one as well. I get that MAYBE you could do that if we were playing an 8 seed or something, but we are going to get a major challenge from anyone in that 4 slot that we will have to be firing on all cylinders on to beat. The last thing this team can afford is to immediately drop Game 1 at home and put itself behind the 8 ball to start the playoffs.
Are you not familiar with how easily Chris Paul and Durant get injured the last few years?

Can we beat anyone if they get hurt? Maybe CP3, but maybe not.

Is there really a big difference between 7 and 10 days off - No.

Also I don't consider anyone a major challenge in the West currently. If we can't beat any West team, we sure as hell aren't beating the Bucks or Celtics.

Sorry, it's a risk I would not take.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did not take the gas off last year, they just started sucking. I still to this day don't know why, but it wasn't because they took their foot off the gas.
they didn't take the gas off last year? What are you talking about? they literally stopped playing players... same way you're advocating for now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you not familiar with how easily Chris Paul and Durant get injured the last few years?
Can we beat anyone if they get hurt? Maybe CP3, but maybe not.

Is there really a big difference between 7 and 10 days off - No.

Also I don't consider anyone a major challenge in the West currently. If we can't beat any West team, we sure as hell aren't beating the Bucks or Celtics.

Sorry, it's a risk I would not take.
well I'm not sorry you're not in charge.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a legit idea if the Suns beat the Nuggets. Let's see how the Lakers-Clippers game goes tonight.

I really dislike the Suns having to play the Nuggets and Lakers back-to-back, home and away.

One game is probably the most I'd rest the starters.