Nuggets @ Suns Friday game thread, 12-1-2023

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't necessarily like - but can appreciate our bench having to play with only one of our big three playing so often

It's a whole different set of responsibilities - they aren't just side dressing - they're as much of a factor as KD or Book and more importantly they're learning to play with each other

Goodwin for instance - without Book and Beal being banged up we probably wouldn't know just how good he can be if he were only playing a few minutes

Sure - I'd rather have our badasses available - but when it comes to optimism and our bench - I don't see it as being half full or half empty - I see it as damn near full

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You’d think they need at least half a season to really dial in the chemistry before the playoffs.

I agree. Let't hope the injury bug is an early season thing and the Suns are a better team for it.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Book officially ruled out tonight. I’d be surprised if the Suns won tonight but would like to see someone come alongside and help KD with the scoring load.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No Devin Booker tonight but Bradley Beal and Booker getting up shots.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm relieved Booker won't play. I don't care if his ankle is only slightly hurt (if it is) and he wants to play through the injury, I want his health to be treated conservatively like Bradley Beal's. No running him into the ground like the SSOL suns used to with Steve Nash.

Don't I want the Suns to win, you ask? Yeah, sure--I want them to win the Finals.
they shouldn't have put him back in the game in the first place. this team should have learned their lesson after putting Beal back in after tweaking his back, putting him on the shelf for another 3 weeks.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
they shouldn't have put him back in the game in the first place. this team should have learned their lesson after putting Beal back in after tweaking his back, putting him on the shelf for another 3 weeks.
100%. The coaching and training staff have to protect players from themselves.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Book stepped on a guys foot -- how does that make him injury prone or fragile? He may be, but this latest thing shouldn't be considered a symptom of that.
Exactly.

I know some players like Mikal seem to miraculously never seem to even turn an ankle but they are a complete aberration. Normal players will turn their ankle at least once a season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly.

I know some players like Mikal seem to miraculously never seem to even turn an ankle but they are a complete aberration. Normal players will turn their ankle at least once a season.

I think some guys have a spacial awareness and body control that helps them avoid injury, also knowing how to land to protect yourself. This is something that can be improved upon... Curry used to hurt his ankles constantly but now when he goes up in traffic he seems to always come down in a way that he can sort of "lay out", not even in a flopping sense but he tries to not come forcefully down on his feet in traffic. I've seen Booker do it too, especially on threes, when he feels people around him he will set himself up to land sliding on his butt rather than directly through his legs.

In football you can see it a lot... some guys know how to angle their body to take a hit, and some don't. Tony Romo probably would have been a hall of fame QB, but he constantly was breaking his collar bone and screwing up his shoulders because of how he flayed out while going down, Matt Leinart also took bad injuries at a high rate.

Back to Booker... he certainly isn't a tank. He isn't made of glass but he seemingly gets dinged up and misses a bit of time once every couple months the last few years, including all 3 playoff runs. IMO, sometimes he asks more of his body than it is capable of, going for full sprint chase down blocks and things of that nature.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kind of takes the fun out of tonight's game, but it is best that Booker sits.

Yeah, I am bummed. I have tickets tonight and was really looking forward to it earlier this week.

Not only are the odds of victory significantly diminished but this offense simply is not very fun to watch when Booker is not on the court, lots of ISO and 3 point chucking.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Here are the Suns starters.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Jamal Murray and Aaron Gordon are both OUT per Nuggets coach Mike Malone.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Frank Vogel says Bradley Beal is making progress and will be evaluated again next week as part of the process.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Devin Booker has been getting treatments twice a day.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If Devin Booker can play against Memphis he will. This is good news regarding the ankle injury.

It sounds like the Suns want to be hitting on all cylinders (as many as possible) against the Lakers.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
'Brooklyn Nets West' and with a weak bench. Kudos to KD with limited games missed.
Big Three indeed...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I forgot Nurk and Jokic were drafted in the same year and by the same team - with Nurk being selected in the 1st and Jokic in the 2nd - that's just wild

It shocked me when the Nuggets traded Nurkic for Mason Plumlee. I thought they traded low.

Now we know Jokic was that good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns throw a curveball at Jokic and give Bol Bol some minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Tip-off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members