Notice those empty seats Bidwill?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The only reason the tickets will sell is because of out of town fans. The number of season tickets bought by die-hard Cards fans are going to be quite low, especially compared to the rest of the league.
No offense Stout but you are on the east coast and saying things based on whatever you are hearing. Re-read my post above. At SDS you could give up your tickets and pick up better seats in a year or 2. Those days are gone. We as PHX/AZ Cardinals have been through 35 years here. Many have moved to the seats they want, made friendships with nearby ticket holders, and do not want to lose all that for a rebuilding year (or 2). The dozens of STHs I talk to say that, but then they will relent and buy them. People from out of town do not buy season tickets. That is a myth. They are sold by STHs. They pay an extraordinary amount to see their team every year, 2 years, 3 years, etc. They are not STHs. They buy tickets for that one game and the STH can make 3-5 times the face value and use that for next year's STs. I have lived this for 35 years. It hurts to sit in OUR stadium drowned out by opposing fans. IT HURTS!

For example, our home games include the Giants, Cowboys, Bengals, Ravens, Rams, Niners, and Seahawks. All of them pay well above face value to buy from STHs. Some will keep their STs, sell some of those games and pay for their STs next year without giving up their season ticket priority status. It may not be that way in Pittsburgh or Philly but it is that way here.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense Stout but you are on the east coast and saying things based on whatever you are hearing. Re-read my post above. At SDS you could give up your tickets and pick up better seats in a year or 2. Those days are gone. We as PHX/AZ Cardinals have been through for 35 years. Many have moved to the seats they want, made friendships of nearby ticket holders and do not want to lose all that for one rebuilding year. The dozens of STHs I talk to say that ,but then they will relent and buy them. People from out of town do not buy season tickets. That is a myth. The pay an extraordinary amount to see their team every year, 2 years, 3 years etc. They are not STHs. They buy tickets for that one game and the STH can make 3-5 times the face value and use tha for next year STs. I have lived this for 35 years.
So true. Sitting next to D-Dogg and Abomb for two years during our SB run was out freaking standing. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense Stout but you are on the east coast and saying things based on whatever you are hearing. Re-read my post above. At SDS you could give up your tickets and pick up better seats in a year or 2. Those days are gone. We as PHX/AZ Cardinals have been through for 35 years. Many have moved to the seats they want, made friendships of nearby ticket holders and do not want to lose all that for one rebuilding year. The dozens of STHs I talk to say that ,but then they will relent and buy them. People from out of town do not buy season tickets. That is a myth. The pay an extraordinary amount to see their team every year, 2 years, 3 years etc. They are not STHs. They buy tickets for that one game and the STH can make 3-5 times the face value and use tha for next year STs. I have lived this for 35 years.
I have had season tickets since 94 and I am not having the same experience. When we moved over from SDS people who sat in section 9 there ended up in the same area as us at the new stadium. Roughly. Those SDS years created like a brotherhood. I started in 112 about row 30 and then moved to 111 and then to 110 in row 4. But not far enough away to be totally separated from fans I knew. I have sat in section 110 row 4 since 2009. There was an awesome group of old time fans there. Same faces for years. I can honestly say other than the "Bird Gang" in row 1 I haven't recognized anyone the last 2-3 years. EVERY single game in 21 and 22 there were different people in front of us, next to us, behind us and across the aisle. And these are great seats. But as far as I can tell, the seats are either held by brokers or individuals who act like brokers. I know nobody it's strangers every game and lots of them for the other team.

Yes, I know what you are saying about people have said they won't renew and then wind up not doing it. I have done that twice since I first got season tickets since 1994.

But I am not looking back. I no longer have the emotional connection to my seats. Especially after my best friend died. But that alone wasn't enough for me to kill my tickets. The experience has flat out sucked since the last play of the GB game in 2021. But there is more than that. The in stadium experience blows. They don't care about the old fans or trying to keep us like they used to. They effed up the Great Lawn but putting in this greedy corporate crap that I didn't really want my ticket money going into. How about decent player facilities instead?

I will still attend games. I am still a fan. But I am done with season tickets.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I have had season tickets since 94 and I am not having the same experience. When we moved over from SDS people who sat in section 9 there ended up in the same area as us at the new stadium. Roughly. Those SDS years created like a brotherhood. I started in 112 about row 30 and then moved to 111 and then to 110 in row 4. But not far enough away to be totally separated from fans I knew. I have sat in section 110 row 4 since 2009. There was an awesome group of old time fans there. Same faces for years. I can honestly say other than the "Bird Gang" in row 1 I haven't recognized anyone the last 2-3 years. EVERY single game in 21 and 22 there were different people in front of us, next to us, behind us and across the aisle. And these are great seats. But as far as I can tell, the seats are either held by brokers or individuals who act like brokers. I know nobody it's strangers every game and lots of them for the other team.

Yes, I know what you are saying about people have said they won't renew and then wind up not doing it. I have done that twice since I first got season tickets since 1994.

But I am not looking back. I no longer have the emotional connection to my seats. Especially after my best friend died. But that alone wasn't enough for me to kill my tickets. The experience has flat out sucked since the last play of the GB game in 2021. But there is more than that. The in stadium experience blows. They don't care about the old fans or trying to keep us like they used to. They effed up the Great Lawn but putting in this greedy corporate crap that I didn't really want my ticket money going into. How about decent player facilities instead?

I will still attend games. I am still a fan. But I am done with season tickets.
I get that. I believe Kyler was never the same after that play. Even though it was not his fault. Losing every game at home sucks. I get it.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm on both sides of the fence on this topic.
I admit, this was the first offseason that I have come close to not renewing my ST's. I never liked Kingsberry or Keim but this is probably the most unhappy I have been with the direction an offseason has gone. I'm not sure about the future but this is the first time I feel like going to games this year will be a complete waste of time and embarrassment. It doesn't even feel like they are trying to field a competitive team. Maybe that's part of the "grand" plan but from a season ticket perspective, I would have just as well not renewed. I think a bigger "slap in the face" is the fact that they raised ticket prices and then proceeded to cut bait on almost every marketable asset. But AZ Native has a point about about working years to get to the seats you want and fellow seat mates.
The biggest reason for staying on at this point is my son. He is 10 and just getting to a point where he likes football and watching games. I really would love to continue to take him to games and foster that love of the game that I have/had. However, the direction of the team makes it hard for me to keep a positive outlook on this team and keep him interested as a fan. It's only a matter of time before he wants to jump ship for a better run organization. I think if the team keeps screwing around, they are going to lose a lot of the younger fans that don't have the patience to wait around for them to be good. Kyler Murray should have been a perfect ambassador to that younger generation but he is just the opposite. My son doesn't even like him or his personality, which is a shame. He gravitates more towards players like Mahommes or Josh Allen.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm on both sides of the fence on this topic.
I admit, this was the first offseason that I have come close to not renewing my ST's. I never liked Kingsberry or Keim but this is probably the most unhappy I have been with the direction an offseason has gone. I'm not sure about the future but this is the first time I feel like going to games this year will be a complete waste of time and embarrassment. It doesn't even feel like they are trying to field a competitive team. Maybe that's part of the "grand" plan but from a season ticket perspective, I would have just as well not renewed. I think a bigger "slap in the face" is the fact that they raised ticket prices and then proceeded to cut bait on almost every marketable asset. But AZ Native has a point about about working years to get to the seats you want and fellow seat mates.
The biggest reason for staying on at this point is my son. He is 10 and just getting to a point where he likes football and watching games. I really would love to continue to take him to games and foster that love of the game that I have/had. However, the direction of the team makes it hard for me to keep a positive outlook on this team and keep him interested as a fan. It's only a matter of time before he wants to jump ship for a better run organization. I think if the team keeps screwing around, they are going to lose a lot of the younger fans that don't have the patience to wait around for them to be good. Kyler Murray should have been a perfect ambassador to that younger generation but he is just the opposite. My son doesn't even like him or his personality, which is a shame. He gravitates more towards players like Mahommes or Josh Allen.
BCF, you have an uphill climb man. I wish you the best with your son. Mine JUST became a fan last year at the age of 21. I pray we get to keep him because he's so new. He's a bigger Sixer fan, but it's my job to give him Cardinal life experiences that hold him in there, even after I'm gone. It would help if the organization lent me a hand in that!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BCF, you have an uphill climb man. I wish you the best with your son. Mine JUST became a fan last year at the age of 21. I pray we get to keep him because he's so new. He's a bigger Sixer fan, but it's my job to give him Cardinal life experiences that hold him in there, even after I'm gone. It would help if the organization lent me a hand in that!
Have you gotten him a therapist for this? ;)

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just bought 5 tickets to see the Cards and the Seahawks. I have never seen the Cards on the road before. I got the tickets for $80 a piece which is really good for a game in Seattle. Maybe Kyler will be back by this game which is on Oct. 22nd.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just bought 5 tickets to see the Cards and the Seahawks. I have never seen the Cards on the road before. I got the tickets for $80 a piece which is really good for a game in Seattle. Maybe Kyler will be back by this game which is on Oct. 22nd.
SC, may I ask what site you purchased tix for? That's a price worth considering!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO! Ay B......The season for us is OVER!!! I demand a moratorium on all Sixers/Lakers vitriol!
Sounds good to me, man. Besides, I just turned 52 and realized that the Sixers haven't won a title since before I was a teenager. It's been a little while, eh? (Still bitter about the sweep in 1983...). ;)

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
OMG! We haven't paid in full for our ST yet, and for the past month the ticket office has been calling/emailing me every.single.day.

Why do they need their money so early now?!? There was a time when you had until July to pay :bigyawn:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Judging by the current availability, there are going to be a ton of empty seats.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG! We haven't paid in full for our ST yet, and for the past month the ticket office has been calling/emailing me every.single.day.

Why do they need their money so early now?!? There was a time when you had until July to pay :bigyawn:
They are relentless. I had to block the number. Apparently "no" is a difficult concept for them.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, plenty of time for ticket brokers to scoop them up.
I think even that business is going to suffer this season. Sure the diehards go see their team no matter what. But a lot of people also don't want to see bad football and blowouts.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think even that business is going to suffer this season. Sure the diehards go see their team no matter what. But a lot of people also don't want to see bad football and blowouts.
Sure, but they'll have them for the future when the team is hopefully much better. Most of those brokers are in it for the long play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr