no to new uniforms!

denverbirdfan

thanks for flying
Reaction score
michael Bidwill has been quoted as saying that the big red may change colors when they move into the new stadium. the team name would stay the same, but the logo may also be up for debate. i know there are MANY more important issues now, but can you imagine watching a non-red card team? they are the classics of football, maybe pro sports! i cringe thinking about a "meaner" bird and some purple and teal. what a sell out. the yankees have never had this "problem." go birds.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If they are winning they could wear puke green unis for all I care. Not like we've had a whole lot of tradition in the red and white for oh, say the past 50 years. Comparing the Yankees to the Cardinals is like comparing Ashley Judd and Roseanne Barr.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With the new stadium, heat will not be a factor in the color of the uniforms.

That said, I've always wanted the cards to make 1 minor change in their unis

Wherever they had white, change to black.

Black pants with red jersey

Red pants with black jersey

helmet black with same cardinal...

I think these would be awesome.

I don't want beige and red...and I don't want a stanford cardinal type of logo.

I think the logo is great..I think the cardinal red is great...Just change white to black.imo

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree...Go all black. Find the meanest !@#$!@#$ picture of a Cardinal and put it on the helmet.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
All black uniforms and the players begin to pass out from the heat in August/September...

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO way man. We guys have something called AC down here. The new stadium with have that nice, cool, Seattle breeze....

Mel Gray TD

Registered
Reaction score
LEAVE THE UNIFORM ALONE!!! IT IS THE ONE THING THAT HAS KEPT ME A FAN WHEN MOST IN MISSOURI BAILED!!! JIM HART, MEL GRAY JIM OTIS, TERRY METCALF, DAN DIERDORF, CONRAD DOBLER, TOM BANKS, ROGER WHERLI, JACKIE SMITH, JIM BAKKAN, ETC... JUST LEAVE IT ALONE.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They could wear pink tutus(sp?) and tights for all I care. Just get me to the postseason dad nabit.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
MBidwill said the bird is not going to be changed but they will change the uni's.

BTW: Did the Cards change the shade of red from when they first moved to AZ? I seem to remember it being a darker - more burgandy like - shade of red. Since they tweaked the uni's a couple of years ago it seems they went to brighter shade of red - or am I color blind? that might explain why I wore 2 different socks today.

Last edited:

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
I think the blue pro bowl jersery looks cool with the existing Cardinals' helmet...maybe I just always thought it was cool when we had a pro bowler...

Seriously, If we're going to keep the mascot, I'd be stoked about a Cardinal red on Cardinal red helmet (like the Falcons' black on black). The rest is just details. We could make the bird look a wee bit meaner. Heck, even the 'Hags made their bird look tougher with only a little italic-action.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mel Gray TD
LEAVE THE UNIFORM ALONE!!! IT IS THE ONE THING THAT HAS KEPT ME A FAN WHEN MOST IN MISSOURI BAILED!!! JIM HART, MEL GRAY JIM OTIS, TERRY METCALF, DAN DIERDORF, CONRAD DOBLER, TOM BANKS, ROGER WHERLI, JACKIE SMITH, JIM BAKKAN, ETC... JUST LEAVE IT ALONE.

I'm with you Mel!

Uniforms and logos are the LEAST of the problem. In fact they are NO problem at all.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardsFan88
I don't want beige and red...and I don't want a stanford cardinal type of logo.

I would certainly hope not! Considering that the Stanford Cardinal logo is a TREE!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson