Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Craig has played bond far longer than anyone else by this point. It's usually a ten year commitment.
Fassbender would already be in his late 40's by the time just the first of his films would come out, and Elba is five years older than him.
So? You actually think Elba looks like an old man?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He may in a few years. Being Bond is a very physically demanding role, and it'll be years more before anything like that could be brought to bear anyway.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So? You actually think Elba looks like an old man?

he’s definitely starting to age.

all the talk of Tom Hardy is interesting. That would definitely be a direction to go in... a mumbling, powderkeg of a Bond just waiting to explode at a any moment.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
he’s definitely starting to age.

all the talk of Tom Hardy is interesting. That would definitely be a direction to go in... a mumbling, powderkeg of a Bond just waiting to explode at a any moment.
He doesn’t look any older than Daniel Craig.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
A lot of conflicting information. Read today that Henry Cavill signed a 3-picture deal to be Bond.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesn’t look any older than Daniel Craig.

Right... and Craig is on his LAST Bond. Starting from the same age means by the time Elba would prob even get to his second Bond, he’d be 60 years old.

That’s just too for old my taste.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Right... and Craig is on his LAST Bond. Starting from the same age means by the time Elba would prob even get to his second Bond, he’d be 60 years old.

That’s just too for old my taste.
Why? Age is just a number. Look at Tom Cruise. I’m not saying he should be Bond, but being 60 doesn’t mean you can’t be an action star.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just got booted to April 2021.

man.. how much does WB regret bringing out Tenet while the pandemic was still raging?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This just got booted to April 2021.

man.. how much does WB regret bringing out Tenet while the pandemic was still raging?

At a certain point, I'm going to resolve to not watch these movies. I get why they want to move them, but if you move the goal posts on me so many times, I'm going to lose interest. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football, you know?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
At a certain point, I'm going to resolve to not watch these movies. I get why they want to move them, but if you move the goal posts on me so many times, I'm going to lose interest. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football, you know?
What do you expect? Does the disaster that was Tenet not resonate with you?

Do you understand what being in a pandemic actually means?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

uh... really? It’s not their fault that the country is one of the only ones in the world that can’t get its crap together pandemic-wise so they can actually roll this out at a time it can actually make money.

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah, valid points. The whole situation really sucks. It doesn't change the fact that I'm losing interest. I can understand their dilemma without being moved by it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, valid points. The whole situation really sucks. It doesn't change the fact that I'm losing interest. I can understand their dilemma without being moved by it.

that makes sense.

I think everyone kinda waited to see if Chris Nolan could singlehandedly save the movies and when Tenet fell flat on its face in America reality set in.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
that makes sense.

I think everyone kinda waited to see if Chris Nolan could singlehandedly save the movies and when Tenet fell flat on its face in America reality set in.
I know this is off topic from “no time to die”, but with no new movies hitting the theaters can Tenet literally stay in the theaters for the next 6 plus months if they wanted to?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
that makes sense.

I’m expecting WB to rerelease Tenet in theaters as soon as they are able to.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m expecting WB to rerelease Tenet in theaters as soon as they are able to.

me too but a) when the hell is that gonna be (WB just delayed... well pretty much EVERYTHING for eights months to a year Dune (now in Oct 2021, Batman moving to 2022) and b) I think the lack of buzz from people who have seen it isn’t gonna juice the box office whenever it does finally hit the theaters.

Stout

Reaction score
Studios shooting themselves in the foot. They needed (too late) to make what they could while they could. Regal just announced they're closing again.

Edit: Regal is closing, not AMC. Yet.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Studios shooting themselves in the foot. They needed (too late) to make what they could while they could. Regal just announced they're closing again.

Edit: Regal is closing, not AMC. Yet.

how are studios shooting themselves in the foot? Dropping these movies would have led to even bigger losses for them in the long run.

Stout

Reaction score
how are studios shooting themselves in the foot? Dropping these movies would have led to even bigger losses for them in the long run.

If they don't take those losses, and then suddenly there are no theaters to drop them in, then what? At a certain point, it's take less losses and make what you can. They're already delaying movies, what, a year? How long do you think they can do so beyond that and have any hope of even making back the little bit if they would just release them now? I mean, without movie theaters--because how long until AMC closes too--what's going to change for the better?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now that is a James Bond movie!!

I said can’t be better than Skyfall just can’t. Maybe? Maybe? It’s pretty damn good. The entire theatre walked out talking about it

You know what yup better than Skyfall best Craig Bond movie.

I just left and legit want to see it again

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freaking beginning 5 minutes of a podcast just TOTALLY spoiled this ending. Really pissed. Just f’ed up.

Stout

Reaction score
This one was meh. Some really good parts, some really awful parts, some real head scratchers. A lot of plot beginnings that just went nowhere. REALLY long, too long.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson