Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 12-26-2020

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Kyler can play, he needs to play. That is important for a QB. That said, if he can't, I will find watching Streveler interesting.
I don’t think there’s much to be gained by him playing a meaningless game if Chi wins out. LA, even not illegally, has been known to knock out our QBs by dumb luck. I wouldn’t mind seeing what Streveler can do if KM were to actually get seriously hurt. Last season we saw Hundley play well and somehow Streveler surpassed him on the depth chart. I want to know that it’s not because he’s a gadget QB

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only thing Kyler hurt was his pride. That was pathetic soccer style laying on the ground after what wasn’t that big of a hit.

So you think the entire offense, including Fitz, sat there on one knee knowing the guy was faking it?

Just don't buy that, if they thought he was faking it they wouldn't have been there watching like that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just amazing, CJ Beathard didn't make one difficult throw in the entire game and we lose. They ran so well we couldn't stop it without selling out leading to 3 easy TD throws 2 of them totally uncovered

The INT and the missed 2 were just bad plays by Kyler but he sure didn't get any help today.

Hope he can go next week we're going to need a miracle to beat the Rams and get Chicago to lose
It’s fascinating to watch an under talented team scheme players open like shanahan did and then watch kyler consistently try to squeeze the ball into tiny windows. It’s so rare that we see a wide open receiver like keesean today that’s it’s basically one play a game, at best. Either kk can’t scheme anyone open, people are open and kyler is not being properly taught to locate them, or kyler just can’t read.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing we can definitely say is that we lose every fist fight we are in. Offensively and defensively, this team is super soft. That is the biggest thing that needs to change this offseason.

how do you change that when it’s the dominant personality of the head coach?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you think the entire offense, including Fitz, sat there on one knee knowing the guy was faking it?

Just don't buy that, if they thought he was faking it they wouldn't have been there watching like that.

how would they know he was faking it?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Does that not describe Coach Gosling to a T?
I don't believe so. I worry that Kliff may be too laid back and too trusting in his players to motivate themselves more than anything. There is a balance to wearing all the blame and holding players accountable. I think Kliff may still be trying to find that balance.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

FWIW they just said on local tv that Kyler was NOT available for the postgame because he was being treated for a leg injury. They said that's what Kliff said and apparently Weinfuss is reporting it too, being evaluated for an undiagnosed leg injury. On the telecast they said he walked off on his own so I don't think they mean knee, I assume they mean he got hit hard on the leg.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the Seahawks win tomorrow and the Bears win out, the winner of our game against the Rams next week gets in the playoffs via the 3-way tiebreaker.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We continue to blame the coaches, but, at some point the players need to look in the mirror. Coaching or not....its your job to beat the guy in front of you.
There’s no doubt our guys don’t have balls. But they’re playing against nfl players . . . and there own coaches.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how would they know he was faking it?

how do you know then? My point is NFL players are pretty clear they don't tolerate that sort of stuff, if they believed he was faking it they wouldn't react the way they did.

And ESPN is now reporting he's being evaluated for an undiagnosed leg injury.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What a pathetic game. With the personality of this staff we would come out flat in the Super Bowl. I am at a loss for words on the utter lack of passion today. Time for a change and bring in someone who demands grit and toughness and isn’t afraid to make examples
This has been reflected in how we begin virtually every game in the kingsbury era.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
we have to play for a winning record IMO no matter what Chicago does. If Kyler can play of course he plays it would be crazy not to as he is our offense most games! Our run game sucks we have average wrs outside DHop and nothing else and stupid play calling most of the time! But you have to play for the winning record period this team has sucked long enough we can’t afford to take games off.
I understand what it would do to team morale if our future doesn’t play a game when healthy, but I don’t know if the risk outweighs the reward. Him playing another game vs a divisional opponent would be good for experience, but it also subjects him to injury. He’s been “injured” 3 times this year and luckily non have been bad

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some of it is personnel. Cole is not physical. Pugh not super physical. Murray not physical. Drake isn't a power back. Beachum is not physically dominant. That is something that needs to change on our team offensively. Same on defense to be honest. More talent would not hurt either.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some of it is personnel. Cole is not physical. Pugh not super physical. Murray not physical. Drake isn't a power back. Beachum is not physically dominant. That is something that needs to change on our team offensively. Same on defense to be honest. More talent would not hurt either.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how do you know then? My point is NFL players are pretty clear they don't tolerate that sort of stuff, if they believed he was faking it they wouldn't react the way they did.

And ESPN is now reporting he's being evaluated for an undiagnosed leg injury.

watch the replay. He goes down, then is able to lean up, watches the play and only after it fails, does he then play the injury card.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ll never understand why Cole got run in games Ballard was healthy. He looked better to me and the running game has some push while he was running with the starters.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ll never understand why Cole got run in games Ballard was healthy. He looked better to me and the running game has some push while he was running with the starters.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The one to DHop bad throw, yes Johnson was open on the deep throw to Kirk. The one to Kirk again that's a TD in the NFL, NFL Wr's catch that ball every week, Kirk dropped it just like he did against NE.

Im not saying he's perfect but the drop by Kirk, multiple drops by Arnold. The inability to run the ball the whole game meaning Kyler had to be the guy running the ball too which puts even more on him. He has to get better absolutely but he's had a very good year and he's a very good player, he needs help. Stop getting false starts, stop dropping passes. We keep putting him in situations where HE has to make a great play to get us out

Beathard didn't make one tough throw in the game they got 21 points off run game and scheme.

russ is 100% right. I’ve been saying this for weeks now. If kyler doesn’t play a near perfect game this team cannot win, even against bad teams. It’s ridiculous. And that’s on the coaches in both sides of the ball. And keim.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The best we can hope for with this team is that Vance is fired and we get a hard ass d coordinator that builds a defense with attitude that might infect the rest of the team.

Kliff is coach bro, and he always will be. He is not an offensive genius like he's been made out to be...so even in college he had to completely bro out with his players to keep them on his side. They sure weren't going to be impressed with his coaching...so he just let them run the team. It's why he was a bad college coach that got fired

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson