Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jews have gone through enough this weekend. he needs to do y’all a solid.
Amen.

That was some scary ish, yesterday. But totally not anti-Semitic according to the FBI...

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards line down to +3.5. Money line only +152. I might stay away from it

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad Watt is back, but I'm not convinced how much he will play.

There's a huge difference between practice (and Cards practices seem particularly tame) and fighting 300+ lb dudes (sometimes two) on a shoulder thats been out of action for 2 months. I would think we might only see him on 3rd downs to start. Maybe the odd 1st down too early on to try slow the run. But wouldn't expect much more than 50% of snaps.

But that's better than nothing.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Ok so 9 runs in the first half and 5 in the second half is running him to a 3 score lead??
Yes when you see how his run success set up the play action, balance lead to the 3 score lead, and when they relaxed on run defense in 2nd half beanie broke a big one and forced them back to defending the run, I mean I complained then like I do now, I mean just look at the success when we ran a balanced attack. conner needs 5 a quarter , like beanie had in the 1st half - look at the play by play, then best passing game ever insure, but we had a 3 score lead through balance, or we would not have had a chance.

want to see failure tht broke one the next week opening play against the saints, 80TD, counting that play there was 10 rb carries the rest of that game, bountygate on Kurt, his last game, leinart came in then Kurt again, got killed, it was stupid freaking play calling, they just attacked Kurt the whole game, and coach did nothing about it! blamed the oline ! Pffft get a grip whisenhunt, you big stupid.

want to see more failure look at the run attempts for the winners yesterday, compared to the losers, now look at the pass attempts. Really obvious, Carr had 54 pass attempts to 13 jacobs runs , they had our last year starter rb on the bench. coach deserves to be run out of town. Others except the chief are like 44 pass to 12 featured back run attempts. folks can shout lies at the wind all life long, but those facts remain the same. Winners are almost balanced - bucs and chiefs qb are special, but still in the end balance is there. will cards box score look like winner or loser? Depends on kliff.

then look as this asinine outing

dont even look at the 2008 playoffs play by play , get to SB and do opposite of got us through the playoffs with edge, passing for a 99 yard pick six at the end of the half, for 14 point swing. still could have won it, but no we passed ourselves to death.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There's a huge difference between practice (and Cards practices seem particularly tame) and fighting 300+ lb dudes (sometimes two) on a shoulder thats been out of action for 2 months. I would think we might only see him on 3rd downs to start. Maybe the odd 1st down too early on to try slow the run. But wouldn't expect much more than 50% of snaps.

50% is huge

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Man, if Watt doesn't play after all this, the team will suffer a huge blow. The team has been hyping this forever, and that's a very risky proposition.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
50% is huge

For sure 50% would be huge. Although I think that's like max MAX. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 35% early on and stays that way if we are winning. There's going to be a fair amount of throwing everything we have though if it's a tight game in the 2nd half I suppose. Just glad to have him back.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know I was making a comeback

If it makes you feel any better I think you would have had to have been pretty much perfect in every playoff game. I'm 3-2 so far this weekend and all my big pointers came in so it would have been tough, but fun to see :)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Even is he plays 15 plays, it still caused the Rams to game plan for it and leaving them guessing a bit more. The good news is though, his legs are fresh, so I think he might play more than we think.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'll be taping this for sure. No way I could watch tonights game live on the Manningcast.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media