Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You beat this Rams’ team with the running game, screens, & short passes. Something we had success in both matchups. Hopefully the offense doesn’t take the bait & try to let it fly cause their safeties are out. Not having Hopkins gives even less incentive to do so.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You beat this Rams’ team with the running game, screens, & short passes. Something we had success in both matchups. Hopefully the offense doesn’t take the bait & try to let it fly cause their safeties are out. Not having Hopkins gives even less incentive to do so.

Just a question for you, why do we execute so few shallow routes ?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. When they are forced to stop those type of plays it opens shots down the field.
However, we have shown to be impatient, I.e. throwing a 30 yard pass on 3 rd and 3 on our opening drive.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He Burrow is good but he has a tremendous group of receivers and very fast, even their tigh end is faster then our wide receivers
Get separation quickly is a huge advantage
No doubt, but what I like is he shows advanced skills, like using progressions, adjusting in the pocket and back shoulder throws to mention a few. He did a great job of IDing a blitz, where he even called out the blitzer’s number to his protection. He then threw to single coverage where the blitzer had vacated.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Burrow is good but he has a tremendous group of receivers and very fast, even their tigh end is faster then our wide receivers
Get separation quickly is a huge advantage
Thank you for passively comparing Murray and Burrow after telling we don't need to compare yesterday.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Maybe throwing lanes don't open quickly enough? Or maybe Murray doesn't see them quickly enough or he doesn't like to throw them or the plays aren't called or a combination of all those.
I think it’s a height issue and Murray needs to shift to create throwing lanes and to see crossing coverage better ala Wilson.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank you for passively comparing Murray and Burrow after telling we don't need to compare yesterday.
talking about comparison is part of the discussion in a forum
Murray is my favourite qb so i don't question him, but the different cast of receivers they have,can i?
Then i didn't start it, but someone else did after praising Burrow so much

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s a height issue and Murray needs to shift to create throwing lanes and to see crossing coverage better ala Wilson.

I was trying to avoid directly bringing Murray's height into it because I still think he can be a good QB for a long time. To your point, I agree he's got to learn to play with his height limitations.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No doubt, but what I like is he shows advanced skills, like using progressions, adjusting in the pocket and back shoulder throws to mention a few. He did a great job of IDing a blitz, where he even called out the blitzer’s number to his protection. He then threw to single coverage where the blitzer had vacated.
He’s also an incredible leader and culture creator who was running meetings his rookie season.

I wonder how active his Twitch channel is tho??

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Its kinda odd how we dont factor Hopkins in this. He was completing 63% of his redzone passes at one point with Hopkins. We simply havent adjusted without him. We're running some plays like Hopkins is still out there and the results have been worse because of it.
I was trying to avoid directly bringing Murray's height into it because I still think he can be a good QB for a long time. To your point, I agree he's got to learn to play with his height limitations.
We dont do those under center play action passes in redzone to help create throwing lanes. With Hopkins would could rely on talent. Now we really need to use misdirection. Hard play fakes and getting Kyler on the run.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If he doesn’t play tomorrow, the organization is going to just look so stupid for hyping this up for weeks. Actually months with all the video on his comeback.

(yes, I get the above joke)

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson