Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He also needs to add this. "I just can't figure out how to stop that bootleg, play action rollout pass, Goff burned us with it & now Stafford is also, can someone give me some tips"? Lol.
Here's one Vance, when Stafford is under center, try blitzing someone off the edge occasionally to disrupt that same play your defense gets burned over & over with.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This reminds me of when we played Green Bay the year we got smoked by them last game of the season. Then in the playoff game we went crazy. In still the best playoff game I have ever seen. 51-45. In OT
That playoff game is one of my all time favorites, too bad the next game against the Saints would be Kurt Warner's last.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was fine as he was taking what the defense gave him. The big miss was in the 2nd half.

24-17 with all the momentum. And instead of throwing to a wide open Ertz on 3rd and 1 he threw it to AJ Green who messed up his route.

I really think he was trying to get him his incentives and it backfired a bit at times.
No doubt they were trying to get Greens incentives. Stupid.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can take what the defense gave and still not be productive. He was finding the open man and moving the ball.

1st drive he had the matchup with AJ it just wasnt a good enough ball/AJ didnt fight to draw the PI

2nd drive was a long time consuming drive that ended with Conner not converting a 3rd and 1.

3rd drive was sort of wiped out by the illegal shift from Kirk costing 31 yards, then a holding call the next play

4th drive he was sacked to end the drive

We had just 4 incompletions, but 65 yards passing wiped out by penalties.
Dumb mistakes have killed us. If we do this kind of crap Monday it will be over early.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

(5) Cardinals at (4) Rams

Monday, 8:15 p.m. ET | ESPN/ABC
Matchup rating:
83.3 | Spread: LAR -4 (49.5)

What to watch for: The Rams and Cardinals split the regular-season series, each winning on the road. The Cardinals dominated in Week 4 with a 37-20 win, enabled by a flawless Kyler Murray performance and their defense forcing two turnovers that were converted into touchdowns. In Week 14, Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald wreaked havoc for Murray when he turned in a three-sack outing. What can be expected in the rubber match? The Cardinals played their best on the road (8-1), while the Rams are coming off a disheartening loss in the regular-season finale and are intent on proving they can not only move on but also remain a Super Bowl-caliber team. Watch for Murray and Matthew Stafford to enter a quarterback duel, with the one who produces the fewest errors advancing to the divisional round. -- Lindsey Thiry

Bold prediction:
All signs point to Arizona defensive lineman J.J. Watt returning from shoulder surgery for Monday night's game, and with him will come a major boost for the Cardinals' defense. He will get two sacks and a fumble recovery to spark the Cardinals into the divisional round with another road win. Arizona's defense was generating pressure on 31% of opponent dropbacks before Watt's Week 7 injury, but that dropped to 23% without him over the rest of the regular season. -- Josh Weinfuss

Stat to know: Rams running back Sony Michel has 554 rushing yards since Week 12, the third-most in the NFL over that span behind Rashaad Penny and Jonathan Taylor. But on the other sideline, Cardinals running back James Conner scored 18 touchdowns this season, the NFL's third-most this season.

Bowen's game-plan key: Can Arizona coach Kliff Kingsbury use play designs to get receiver Christian Kirk loose on the deep corners and crossers? Kirk had three receptions for 86 yards in the last meeting with the L.A. defense. Read more on E+.

Injuries: Cardinals | Rams

What to know for officiating: Clay Martin will be appearing in his second playoff game as a referee, and his regular-season crew ranked No. 13 in the NFL with an average of 12.9 flags thrown per game. The Rams finished the season with the NFL's third-fewest flags (92), while the Cardinals ranked No. 24 with 120. Offensive lineman Josh Jones led the Cardinals will 12 total flags, including five false starts and four holds. -- Kevin Seifert

Betting nugget: Four of the past five meetings between these two teams have gone over the total. Read more on E+.

Weinfuss' pick: Cardinals 34, Rams 24
Thiry's pick: Rams 28, Cardinals 21
FPI prediction: LAR, 58.0% (by an average of 2.7 points)

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess. I mean, he was the best guy in his offense in college (like many pro prospects are). At best, he’s the fourth-best option in the current offense.

He hasn’t earned anything yet, and coaches have a ton more evidence from practice suggesting that his current role is optimized to his current abilities.
Its like a teen girls macbook air up in here....

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Sure, VJ, we sooo believe you're going to prioritize stopping the run!
Well imagine an NFL Cardinal team hell bent or even secretly targeting a goal of a 100 yard rusher? you know the common standard - 20 carries 100 yards, or a flash back targeting a 100 yards combined passing and receiving?
or both!

how many yards would miss Michel get in that case? The ramifications! I think the Rams are ecstatic to get Chase first and Conner second, after kliffs script runs out at 15 plays in. But what do I know I’m just a perennial losing football fan.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
This reminds me of when we played Green Bay the year we got smoked by them last game of the season. Then in the playoff game we went crazy. In still the best playoff game I have ever seen. 51-45. In OT
Ran beanie to a 3 score lead before the pass fest started, without that 3 score lead we wouldnt have had a chance to carry the ball 10 times and get Kurt killed for bounty the next week,

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For those who've suffered shoulder injuries, watching J.J. swat his left arm with so much aggression has me cringing (fear of re-injury). He looks fierce.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose