Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We need to show up, get back to twhat worked and play good sound football on all 3 phases, and make McVay's season end.

I want a win. We have the potential to win it all somehow. But we need to play sound football. We can beat anybody on the road. Maybe that would be a record winning 12 games on the road in a season + postseason.

At least we probably will never be the favorit in a game, since the Cards play better that way, maybe that was exactly what had to happen to end the championship drought.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Just read that Gambo is reporting that D Hop is probable to play next week. Man was still on crutches yesterday so not sure what the heck is going on!!!
Not what I’m hearing but he likely has a better source. Owens played with a hairline leg fracture. Much depends on Hopkins’ pain tolerance. It’s not the type of injury likely to be aggravated, but it’s hard to keep the knee loose. It’s also tough psychologicall. I‘ve rehabbed both knees. It’s tough to feel confident and move like you typically have done. His skill requires agility. It would stun LA and be a huge morale booth even if he can only go a few plays.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just read that Gambo is reporting that D Hop is probable to play next week. Man was still on crutches yesterday so not sure what the heck is going on!!!
Saw that too. 99% sure this is just a smokescreen.

There's a better likelihood that Jennifer Lawrence leaves her hubby for me and we ride off into the sunset, than Dhop playing next week. IMHO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, this can't be real can it? I just checked Gambo's twitter but no Hopkins news. Was he discussing this on 98.7 today?
Yeah. I didn’t see anything on his Twitter either.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah. I didn’t see anything on his Twitter either.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up because a JJ Watt AND DeAndre Hopkins return would be the kind of lift that could change everything that's been wrong with this team recently.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean, this can't be real can it? I just checked Gambo's twitter but no Hopkins news. Was he discussing this on 98.7 today?
Allegedly someone tweeted Gambo and he said there’s a decent chance he plays but that it’s not likely.

I guess he is supposed to give an update tomorrow with a percentage of how likely it is he can play against the Rams.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Probably fair but doesn’t mean I have to like it, I really think Murray has the it factor, not The shhh factory , it just isn’t developed fully yet, but more then 1/2 way there. Why he don’t toss the ball away on repeated sacks bothers me, I mean sometimes might say he thinks he can escape, but not often, most the time he just drops and protects the ball, which ain’t all bad either, but again run more and it solves some of this, they know damn well he is going to pass when they sack him, and scheme to make sure he does not escape and rip their stinking rotting hearts out.
we are running more effectively but still like 2 passes to 1 rb run. It is not enough, NFL defenses tee off on him, it is just true.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is possible it takes just 35 days coming from a torn mcl/surgery?

Last edited: