Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This

Finish 1-4 and lose the first playoff game is a complete collapse
First team to start 7-0 and lose six. At one point in the season had more than a 95% statistically to win the division. Lost 4 of last 5 and last 5 home games.

There is no sugar coating any of that. Nobody is afraid of this team.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I mean, I'm super negative on this team at the moment. KK can't win an important game to save his freaking life and our QB has suddenly forgotten all the progress he made, but...BUT...I'm already convincing myself we not only have a chance, but we're going to win this damn thing. Because I gotta believe.
The frustrating part is that I know we have the talent to win this game against a QB like Matt Stafford. I just don't believe Kyler is there and I don't trust Vance to adjust is scheme. Before people jump on the Kliff omission, I just believe that a QB and playcaller are tied together and the QB matters more.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The frustrating part is that I know we have the talent to win this game against a QB like Matt Stafford. I just don't believe Kyler is there and I don't trust Vance to adjust is scheme. Before people jump on the Kliff omission, I just believe that a QB and playcaller are tied together and the QB matters more.
Murray is both the answer and the question.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Got to put Stafford on the ground a few times to start the game, get him skittish. Otherwise, Kupp, OBJ, whoever the TE, et al will be running free and Stafford will pick them apart.

No rush=no victory.
It was frustrating how “clean” he was the last time we faced them. We were getting no pressure and he was way too comfortable.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, I'm super negative on this team at the moment. KK can't win an important game to save his freaking life and our QB has suddenly forgotten all the progress he made, but...BUT...I'm already convincing myself we not only have a chance, but we're going to win this damn thing. Because I gotta believe.
Aye, it’s a new season. Everyone is 0-0. Only reason I haven’t gave up is that Cowboys game on the road. I would have 0 hope if we would’ve lost that game, too. Let’s all have fun & hope for the best.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
and it isn't that he has to make miraculous plays to be the answer either. We are a couple drives from being a serious contender but Kyler just can't seem to find them.
It feels like Murray makes a great throw and goes on a dry spell for a while until the next great throw. I don't know if this is Murray or Kliff. Truly confounding. "What the heck is your problem" is my only question to this offense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like Marco will be back for game
I really like this kid. I don't have a good grasp on his ceiling yet, but I seeing him sticking in the league for a bit. In fact, with Antonio Hamilton, I really like our secondary as a whole. They are not perfect but they do pretty well for their age and talent level.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we just enjoy being in the playoffs?

Anything can happen. We just saw the Jags own the Colts.

Yes our form hasn't been great but the Rams haven't been lighting it up either and we already owned them at Sofi.

Anything can happen. If Watt comes back that will be a huge boost.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The thing we did so well that 1st game was play with tempo and on schedule.

I know it seems like a distant memory, but during the 2nd game that 1st Qrt *FELT* like we should have been blowing them out. Kyler missed a TD and then we had a redzone int.

Rams are reeling. If we just execute early we can beat them. The tempo that 1st game had them on their heels enough so that Donald got tired and Raheem didnt get creative with him.

Edit: Yes I know they didnt have Ramsey, but I'd argue moving him around so much makes him less effective imo. And its not like Hopkins had huge games either. We just have to execute.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we just enjoy being in the playoffs?

Anything can happen. We just saw the Jags own the Colts.

Yes our form hasn't been great but the Rams haven't been lighting it up either and we already owned them at Sofi.

Anything can happen. If Watt comes back that will be a huge boost.

Would you like for the board to just shut down for the next week unless you’ve got something positive to say?

I’m SUPER pumped for this game. I’ve been a Covid Nazi for two years and in the midst of a huge surge in LA, the second that our position was locked I called Ouchie and Daves and said “we have to go to this game” and then plunked down 400 bucks that I really can’t afford to get tickets. But that doesn’t mean Im not going to talk football the rest of the week and right now, our football has been really bad for the better part of two months.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing we did so well that 1st game was play with tempo and on schedule.

I know it seems like a distant memory, but during the 2nd game that 1st Qrt *FELT* like we should have been blowing them out. Kyler missed a TD and then we had a redzone int.

Rams are reeling. If we just execute early we can beat them. The tempo that 1st game had them on their heels enough so that Donald got tired and Raheem didnt get creative with him.

Edit: Yes I know they didnt have Ramsey, but I'd argue moving him around so much makes him less effective imo. And its not like Hopkins had huge games either. We just have to execute.
The Rams were reeling when we played them on MNF having gotten killed repeatedly for three weeks before their Jax bye the week before us. Right now, we’re a tonic for reeling teams so that doesn’t mean a lot to me.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
If we go to LA and then Tampa, we all need to consider ourselves lucky. If it's a short rest then on to Lambeau..... we be screwed.

But my mind reminds me that the Rams beat our a$$ last time. Right after they had their a$$ beat by the Titans, Niners and the Packers. They punched us repeatedly, stole our girl, and then ate our lunch. I don't think those black eyes have healed yet.

Yeah, but that was here. The Little Sisters of the Poor could beat us at home.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Rams were reeling when we played them on MNF having gotten killed repeatedly for three weeks before their Jax bye the week before us. Right now, we’re a tonic for reeling teams so that doesn’t mean a lot to me.
Thats fair. Just saying the opportunity is there for a do-over. Make the plays we missed. Not putting up points early kept Stafford's head in the game.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Would you like for the board to just shut down for the next week unless you’ve got something positive to say?

I’m SUPER pumped for this game. I’ve been a Covid Nazi for two years and in the midst of a huge surge in LA, the second that our position was locked I called Ouchie and Daves and said “we have to go to this game” and then plunked down 400 bucks that I really can’t afford to get tickets. But that doesn’t mean Im not going to talk football the rest of the week and right now, our football has been really bad for the better part of two months.
That alone give you the right to state your opinion good or bad about the Cards. But of course we all always have the right but you are backing it up with your time and money. I've suffered through the last 5 home game losses and would give anything to go to the game in LA.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats fair. Just saying the opportunity is there for a do-over. Make the plays we missed. Not putting up points early kept Stafford's head in the game.
Without a doubt.

Look, this game is all about pressure. In 6 super pressure games in the last two years, either with a win and in the playoffs or win and you win the division, we’re 0-6 and Kyler has been average to awful in the first half of most of those games.

If we have any shot to win this week, that HAS to change. The team goes as he goes. And if he goes south early on the road in the playoffs, I fear it will get ugly quick.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Have at it. Plenty to talk about. It doesn't have to be how much we suck and who should be fired.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Aye, it’s a new season. Everyone is 0-0. Only reason I haven’t gave up is that Cowboys game on the road. I would have 0 hope if we would’ve lost that game, too. Let’s all have fun & hope for the best.
Conner gets the TDs, but I feel like Chase is the one who really makes the offense go.

Conner is better in the closer role.

A healthy Chase, Moore? gives me a bit of hope. They looked faster than normal on that Rams turf earlier this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson