NFL Sunday Ticket

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I liked recording football games on my DVR and then watch them an hour after kickoff so I can skip all of the commercials and reviews and halftime, etc. It’s fun to watch them play but stopping for all the reviews just slows it down so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProgTV+Vader streams....just saying..lol

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Philly - yes. Absolutely. Call.

It's a giant pain, but call.

The past two years I've called fully intend on cancelling. I just don't watch that much TV to justify the cost.

With streaming options that could eclipse my needs coming in around $35 a month, it's irritating paying that much for DVR address, receiver fees, etc.

Past two years they've given the ticket for free and knocked off $45 from my monthly bill.

Still comes to over $100/month.

I don't know if there will be a deal good enough this year.

When you call though, know your options and use them to leverage. Be specific.

Philly - since you've never called, you should be in a good position to be taken seriously

M.O. much appreciated fam!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL Shane! The season wouldn't be complete without your annual dig at me! What's good my brother?!

Nada my friend. Just trying to enjoy life. Hope you are well! Hows the comedy coming along?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nada my friend. Just trying to enjoy life. Hope you are well! Hows the comedy coming along?

Still doing it when I can. I'm in grad school currently, and also writing a television pilot script with a buddy, so I'm all over the damn place these days.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Called yesterday asked for Loyalty department. I have 1 year left on last commitment. Here’s what I got:
- 25% off NFL Sunday Ticket
- dropped NFL Max
- got coupon for 1 year $40.00 discount per month
- got a one time $45.00 credit

Hope this helps? It got me almost to free.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Called yesterday asked for Loyalty department. I have 1 year left on last commitment. Here’s what I got:
- dropped NFL Max

Did you have to threaten to leave or just ask what can they do for a longtime customer?

OP
OP
I

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
- dropped NFL Max

That's pretty darn good. I need to make the call.. haven't yet. We recently re-did our account with my wife's information and they gave us new equipment and the equipment has been nothing but problems. Been meaning to call and complain so hoping that complaining about equipment and cost of NFL Sunday Ticket when the service has been so terrible will get me somewhere.

I am in the last year of the contract too.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Theu wanted to give me the Ticket for free but that was about it, he really didn't try and keep me so I cancelled, like I said before I stream everything now anyway and don't even use it but after 10 years you think he would have made a little bit more of an effort this is why when AT & T took over they went downhill fast

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been loathing calling DirecTV but I called them today. I talked with "Angel" presumably from India. She offered me a savings of $22.00/month for 6 months. I told her that isn't good enough so she wanted to change my programming package. Unfortunately, I do watch sports (NFL, NHL, College, etc), history channels, Nat Geo channels, and a lot of series on premium (HBO, SHO, CMX) so there wasn't a reduced-package that would have me covered. So I told her that Cox has a great promotion right now for me to consider.

She told me that was all that she can do for me but asked if she could submit my info to their management to see if I could be eligible for any more discounts. This process would take 7-10 business days. I told her that the Cox package will expire by then so is there anything that can be done immediately. She said she would transfer me to another department.

So the new rep got on, asked me about a lesser programming package, cell phone service with ATT, and to reduce the boxes that I have in my house. I explained again that I'm not interested and that Cox has a great deal now for new customers. She then told me about the $22/month savings for 6 months ($7 - Stars, $5 - HBO, $5 - SHO, $5 Cinemax). I asked if there was anything else. She said she will check. Then she said they can offer $16.50/mo off the NFL Package that I have and an additional $55/mo off for 12 months. Unfortunately I already made (2) full payments on the NFL stuff but the discount will apply to the next (4).

TLDR:
I got a savings of:
(4) x $16.50 = $66 - (NFL)
(6) x $22 = $132 - ($7 - Stars, $5 - HBO, $5 - SHO, $5 Cinemax)
(12) x $55 = $660 - Discount

Total savings - $858 for a 35-minute phone call.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've been loathing calling DirecTV but I called them today. I talked with "Angel" presumably from India. She offered me a savings of $22.00/month for 6 months. I told her that isn't good enough so she wanted to change my programming package. Unfortunately, I do watch sports (NFL, NHL, College, etc), history channels, Nat Geo channels, and a lot of series on premium (HBO, SHO, CMX) so there wasn't a reduced-package that would have me covered. So I told her that Cox has a great promotion right now for me to consider.

She told me that was all that she can do for me but asked if she could submit my info to their management to see if I could be eligible for any more discounts. This process would take 7-10 business days. I told her that the Cox package will expire by then so is there anything that can be done immediately. She said she would transfer me to another department.

So the new rep got on, asked me about a lesser programming package, cell phone service with ATT, and to reduce the boxes that I have in my house. I explained again that I'm not interested and that Cox has a great deal now for new customers. She then told me about the $22/month savings for 6 months ($7 - Stars, $5 - HBO, $5 - SHO, $5 Cinemax). I asked if there was anything else. She said she will check. Then she said they can offer $16.50/mo off the NFL Package that I have and an additional $55/mo off for 12 months. Unfortunately I already made (2) full payments on the NFL stuff but the discount will apply to the next (4).

TLDR:
I got a savings of:

Not bad at all!

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Season ticket holders get it for $125 or something like that....I got a link in my season ticket emails about it....I had it, but seeing I was at 1/2 of the games it wasn't worth it. I now just go to the pub and watch the Cardinals game. I find it more fun anyway than sitting at home (which is nice).

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Did you have to threaten to leave or just ask what can they do for a longtime customer?
I just asked for loyalty and told him the cost was too high and how could he help me stay with directv and Sunday ticket. Otherwise I will have to look at other options like streaming tv or cable. I just was nice and asked him to come back with the absolute best option. After about 10 minutes we were done and I was on my way. Make sure you are working with loyalty department.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

TLDR:
I got a savings of:

omg... Gave them the same shtick about a great offer from Cox, and with very, very little resistance, they gave me a $60 per month credit for 12 months, plus 25% off sunday ticket.

wow! Thanks Jf-08!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh didn't know direct tv had a loyalty department. Gonna have to try this tomorrow. I've had direct tv forever keep two accounts one in california and one in arizona. I got everything to can imagine including Sunday ticket and NBA league pass

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not about Sunday ticket but it appears Directv is getting more lenient. When we moved to Sacramento the only tv I could get was Directv, 2 year deal. I knew we weren't going to be in that house 2 years but figured if we move to somewhere else I can use it there. We left after 10 months for various reasons back to the Bay Area. When I cancelled Directv I told them I was moving out of the area, to an apartment(all true) and my new apartment didn't have a clear shot to install a dish. At the time I didn't even know if that was true or not, it actually is.

Everything I had read and heard was they'd make me buyout the remaining 14 months at some prorated amount that might even be 100%, but they cancelled the 14 months and gave me a refund for the partial month.

I don't know if the 2 year contracts thing is really hurting their business or not but it appears they are far more lenient than they used to be.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
omg... Gave them the same shtick about a great offer from Cox, and with very, very little resistance, they gave me a $60 per month credit for 12 months, plus 25% off sunday ticket.

wow! Thanks Jf-08!
Awesome!!!!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That time of year again...

My bill already shows the renewal queued up at 6 months of $48.99.

Intending on calling and trying to work that price down and figured I would make a thread so we can discuss what deals we get?
Thanks for bringing this up again this year!!

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have Cox with no intentions of switching to DTV, am I SOL or is there an option to get the ticket for people without DTV?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I have Cox with no intentions of switching to DTV, am I SOL or is there an option to get the ticket for people without DTV?

There is a DirecTV Sunday Ticket Online package, but there are restrictions on where it can be bought and used.

Wouldn't hurt to see if they would offer it. You would have to be able to stream the games, but it is something.

I currently have DirecTV, so I have not looked into it.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

TLDR:
I got a savings of:

We must have talked to the same dude! Roughly 25 minutes for me.

BOOM

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

By living in an apartment I can get Sunday Ticket to go for 73.49 a month. THat's just over 18 bucks a game. I don't think I'm going to do it but it's good to know the option is there to get a good feed online.

Directv has it on their site they make you put it your address and then it tells you if you're eligible or not.

I should add I had the online one a few years ago as part of a Madden Video Game special. It worked very well the problem I had was there was no way to record games so if I couldn't watch I was SOL. The description now says 30 minutes after the game ends, there's an option to re-watch games, it appears to be in the condensed version, like what they show on NFL Network. That makes it much more appealing.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave