NFL Sunday Ticket

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you take them back you will get the ticket for free.at least tell them that’s what it’s going to take to get you back.

That's been my fall back plan. I know I can get upgraded equipment and free Sunday ticket for this year but then I have to re-up for another 2 years. The deal is always good for the 1st year but the second year is when they stick it to you.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of fighting with them every year over a hundred bucks and I'm not signing up for another 2 years. I did that the last time when I converted my system over to Genie wireless. Last year I decided to just pay it and get on with my life. We want to cut the cord at some point anyway so I don't want to be committed.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's been my fall back plan. I know I can get upgraded equipment and free Sunday ticket for this year but then I have to re-up for another 2 years. The deal is always good for the 1st year but the second year is when they stick it to you.
I know for a fact they were using defective equipment for a couple of years to burn up inventory. I I demanded new equipment I’ve had no problem. That was two years ago. So if you had equipment that was more than 2 years old you probably had the crap.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From the perspective of a GOM (grumpy old man) I don't want to keep up to speed with various forms of "guerrilla" mechanisms for accessing "live" Cardinal games.

Whatever happened to: (1) they tell you the time and channel and (2) you click the channel and (3) watch the freakin' game?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm tired of fighting with them every year over a hundred bucks and I'm not signing up for another 2 years. I did that the last time when I converted my system over to Genie wireless. Last year I decided to just pay it and get on with my life. We want to cut the cord at some point anyway so I don't want to be committed.
I cut completely over a year ago, used the extra money to up my internet speed and I can watch everything now and it's less money, I can't stand cable or DirecTV

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I cut completely over a year ago, used the extra money to up my internet speed and I can watch everything now and it's less money, I can't stand cable or DirecTV
Yeah, that works because you are in AZ. MrYeahbut is in Albuquerque just like me. It's not quite so simple to catch all the games. Us out of towners are between a rock and a hard place with these satellite/cable companies. If I go watch at a bar for 3 hours, it's going to cost me $50-$100 every game to eat/drink.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Yeah, that works because you are in AZ. MrYeahbut is in Albuquerque just like me. It's not quite so simple to catch all the games. Us out of towners are between a rock and a hard place with these satellite/cable companies. If I go watch at a bar for 3 hours, it's going to cost me $50-$100 every game to eat/drink.
No I meant I get every game from every team, there's alot of ways to watch live TV now and I'm not talking about trying to find Streams on Reddit lol

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Got me Free Sunday Ticket again, thx to you guys teaching me I am on my 13th year of free or paying very little for it. Be friendly explain your wife wants to get rid of the bill and you only have Directv for Sunday ticket and rest of family watches only Netflix. Notice that 60 credit for 12 months too, after you get Sunday ticket. Call once a day complaining and go through steps of disconnecting and they will try to retain you. Get to retention, tell them your just buying the Xbox version of Sunday ticket and you dont need DirecTV anymore. you can do it, dont ask just frame the issue in a way that they offer it themselves!

You must be registered for see images attach

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got me Free Sunday Ticket again, thx to you guys teaching me I am on my 13th year of free or paying very little for it. Be friendly explain your wife wants to get rid of the bill and you only have Directv for Sunday ticket and rest of family watches only Netflix. Notice that 60 credit for 12 months too, after you get Sunday ticket. Call once a day complaining and go through steps of disconnecting and they will try to retain you. Get to retention, tell them your just buying the Xbox version of Sunday ticket and you dont need DirecTV anymore. you can do it, dont ask just frame the issue in a way that they offer it themselves!

Do you have any other premium channels?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whats your direct tv email and password? :)

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reddit stream links will still work this year ?

I watched the entire season on internet streaming last year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My call will be on Aug 7th when my $60 for 12 runs out. The bill cuts on 8/6.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got notice of my bill so I changed my mind about the whole thing. I'm not paying $400 so I canceled. I got no argument, no offers, no nothing. They just canceled without comment. Fine with me, I was going to do it no matter what. I'm coming over for 1 game already and with my Marriott, SW airline points and wife's companion pass I can come over for another one for less than 4 hundy. I can get Redzone from Verizon for $5 a month, so screw Directv. If there's a game I absolutely want to watch, I'll go to a bar and drink cranberry juice for 3 hours. I'm too tech challenged to try to stream online. Last time I tried I clicked on the wrong link and got infected with some virus.

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In northern NJ, the CBS - DirecTV dispute has blacked out PBS and other channels in addition to our local CBS channel.

Equally vexing has been the somewhat less than jovial demeanor displayed by the DirecTV customer service rep when I asked why they also dropped my carriage of the Red Zone channel. (I think DirecTV's parent (AT&T) may part of the problem).

To paraphrase a coaching axiom: Why can't cable, satellite and broadcast folks fire all their lawyers and adopt the policy of "see the channel - order the channel - get the freakin' program?"

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In Nashville we have lost the local ABC feed and it has been weeks now. I have the football and hockey package. Sucks being out of town as I would drop them like a bad habit if they didn't have the monopoly on the sports packages. I dread my yearly call.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
No I meant I get every game from every team, there's alot of ways to watch live TV now and I'm not talking about trying to find Streams on Reddit lol
how? I’m really getting sick of paying Directv so any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Yeah it's funny. My request to stay was reasonable. I just wanted Sunday ticket at the price of Red Zone ($10/mo). DTV wouldn't do it so I cancelled. They would have been getting ~$125/mo from me. Now I'm paying for Vue at ~$80/mo and $10/mo for Red Zone and DTV keeps offering me discounts to come back. What a joke!

Now that I've switched I know how much better the DVR is on vue and I'll never come back to DTV regardless of price.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm also gonna cancel our Sunday Ticket and replace it with Red Zone Channel. We'll get all the Cards games on the Tucson network affiliate anyways, and when we aren't watching the Cards, we were pretty much just watching Red Zone the last few years anyways.

Here's a good summary of your Red Zone options if you're in the same boat. For us, looks like going with Sling will be the best route.

https://flixed.io/watch-nfl-redzone-without-cable/

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Anybody ever do this? I don't have DTv, so it's my only option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've been meaning to cancel Directv for a while, so I think now's the time to do it. Doubt they'll offer us anything good enough to stay. Plus, we can get pretty much everything we want for cheaper elsewhere, so why bother?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Anybody ever do this? I don't have DTv, so it's my only option.

I do it and watch it on my Xbox works perfect and crystal clear think it was $150 for the year 3 $50 payments. Also have used it on my firestick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I do it and watch it on my Xbox works perfect and crystal clear think it was $150 for the year 3 $50 payments. Also have used it on my firestick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you I was planning to do it on my Xbox or my Roku