NFL Combine 2020

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I’m beginning to feel not just comfortable with, but excited about multiple prospects at #8. That’s a great thing.

Where we stand today, I’d walk out of the draft very happy with Lamb, Brown, Simmons, or Wirfs, in no particular order. As we get closer, I’ll narrow down who I really want.

At the very least we know we are going to get a player that will contribute day 1.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but they are old.

I think Derek Carr is going to get scooped up by another team and we are going to laugh at how dumb Jon Gruden is.

The rumor is the Raiders might go WR with both first round picks. They apparently covet Jeudy but there's talk they want Reagor too. I think they pick 12th and 19th my guess is Jeudy will be gone but I guess it's possible not. If we take Lamb at 8, and 4 QB's go in the top 10, Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Love, add in Young and Okudah, Simmons and Brown, if say Becton and Wills go too, Jeudy is there at 12. CBS has a mock today that has exactly that with Jeudy going 12th to the Raiders but it has them taking Eason at 19. No idea you can't tell with them but I think they should stay pat at QB.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Thomas was considered the #1 tackle all year and all 3 have been bunched up all year. Thomas, Wirfs and Wills. With Wirfs generally being #3. Now still sure fire first rounder.

He also plays RT. If he’s this much of a monster why isn’t he a LT?

I’m getting a very Dontarie Poe vibe from this guy.
D. Jeremiah has him pegged as an All Star caliber G prospect. But more than capable of holding down RT. From Keims amd K2's comments, they're content with Murray there though.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
D. Jeremiah has him pegged as an All Star caliber G prospect. But more than capable of holding down RT. From Keims amd K2's comments, they're content with Murray there though.

Exactly. Why is a guy that size that athletic even being talked about moving to guard in the NFL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
People overthinking Wirfs...only freshman ever to start at Iowa. Athletic freak. Young. 1st round value player all year. Played both tackle spots. Highly graded through PFF, historic numbers at combine...but why didnt he do more...lol...you guys are crazy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
People overthinking Wirfs...only freshman ever to start at Iowa. Athletic freak. Young. 1st round value player all year. Played both tackle spots. Highly graded through PFF, historic numbers at combine...but why didnt he do more...lol...you guys are crazy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

After this weekend, I doubt he’ll even be available at 8.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There are going to be a lot of people on here that are pissed when we don’t take an OL until round 5, if at all.

Personally with the OL situation I trust in Kruger. They like what they are seeing out of Murray, Cole and Gilliard plus I think they also really like Toth (from what I’ve heard)

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After this weekend, I doubt he’ll even be available at 8.
It's possible considering the 3 QB's that are going in the first 7 picks plus Chase Young. Giants could take him? Just a matter of which OT the teams above us value more? Becton had some damn good numbers at the combine, as did Wills & Thomas. Wirfs combine numbers were certainly tops but Wills showed some quick footwork. Also depends on which team needs a RT or LT? Certainly all 4 of them could play either side if asked. Becton & Thomas are LT's, Wirfs & Wills are RT's. I really don't think it will matter if Wirfs is available or not, I think we will draft CeeDee Lamb. The Cardinals have been talking at the combine to all 3 WR's, Lamb, Jeudy & Ruggs. Their comments lead me to believe they're thinking WR. SK said yesterday they wouldn't hesitate to draft a WR at #8 if he was rated higher on their board than an OT. There's an article on cbssports.com with Kyler clamoring for Lamb, saying he knows who he would take if he was the GM? Went on to say that he's not the one making those decisions. I posted a link to that article on here a few days ago. Whatever Kyler needs, Kyler will get imo. Lamb made a catch at the combine yesterday that definitely made me go "wow". Lamb knows this offense & has a connection with Kyler, I'll be shocked if they pick anyone other than him.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There are going to be a lot of people on here that are pissed when we don’t take an OL until round 5, if at all.

Personally with the OL situation I trust in Kruger. They like what they are seeing out of Murray, Cole and Gilliard plus I think they also really like Toth (from what I’ve heard)
I want Derrick Brown & not an OL'man. After watching Lamb perform at the combine yesterday, I'm starting to warm up to him more. Kyler is already talking for him to the FO. KK said in an interview the other day that they can shore up the defense during the FA period. That tells me they're going offense at #8 & I highly doubt it will be an OT. They can maybe get Jordan Jones (Houston) in the 2nd round. He's rated the #5 OT right now. Defense again in the 3rd & 4th. Maybe defense in the 2nd & OT in the 3rd? Lots of ways to go with it but #8 imo will be Lamb. They do like Murray at RT & Kugler did a hell of a job coaching that kid. Imo, we can get by in 2020 with Murray, Gilbert (he's progressing in rehab & wants to stay a Cardinal) plus another drafted OT. As you said, we still have Toth. I believe that Kugler can get even more out of Murray with a full yr coaching him. He was brought in last minute for the Lions game. Gilbert we can get on a cheap "prove it" deal. Gilbert said a few weeks back, "I feel like I have at least two yrs left in me, I still have something to prove, I like it here & want to stay".

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No way Jefferson makes it to our pick. He's day 1 IMO. 6 day one WR's IMO. Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Higgins, Jefferson, & Reagor.
The reason he might make it to pick #40 is that there are plenty of good WR's in this Draft (supposedly) so, like Arizona, teams might pass on a WR in the first round, figuring that they will be able to get one later in the Draft. Just a possibility.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Lamb and would not have a problem (as if anyone cares what I think :D) with him as the pick at #8. Additionally, I think the Cards could get an OT in round 2, lots of good ones in the draft. i would like to see them fix their key defensive needs in free agency.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@BritCard

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I actually like Murray. I think he did well considering these were his first starts and he came in late to start at RT.

As the season went on he really improved.

But I want a dominant line and still expect Hump to fail so tackle at 8

You must be registered for see images

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Yeah, I'd personally lose my mind if Keim thinks he can protect our #1 overall pick and the most important player on the roster with sixth round picks and training camp cuts from other teams.

There's not a player on this line that could contend for a pro bowl spot. However, maybe Keim does decide to do this, Kyler doesn't bail them out on a play, misses five games, and we finally get Keim fired.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
#1 - If Simmons runs a sub 4.5 forty, he is gone by #8. Someone will trade up for him. He could go as high as #4.

#2 - Johnathan Taylor could step in as a RB1 from day 1, and be great. The only knock against him is the miles...but hes a stud. If we could get him in the 2nd or 3rd I would be fine with not resigning Drake.

#3 - Shenalt is injured, and it's his injury history that scares teams. If he somehow lasts until the 3rd, Im all for it.

Rd. 1 - Simmons or Brown
Rd. 2 - Taylor (Trade DJ to Tampa, let Drake walk, and roll with Taylor and Edmonds)
Rd. 3 - Shenalt

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard