News and rumors of potential coaching staff additions.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Can you imagine being a professional at whatever job and having someone who has no practical intricate knowledge or experience of what you do being employed to coach you on the nuances of your job?
Happens basically every time.

• Disagree
Reactions: PJ1

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just am waiting to see the entire coaching staff before I make negative thoughts. Still lots of openings.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
I don't think he said anything that some of us haven't been thinking and saying for quite some time. He just may not be HC material. Shady says he's still rooting for him, but just doesn't see his true value at the position.

I also love how the Cards were bashed for not bringing him in this year...as if him turning down an interview in 2019 doesn't matter...and why should it have been the Cardinals job to hire him? I didn't see much from other teams, lately. He's had like 12-15 HC interviews, but is still not getting hired.
That's fine but he sounded like he had something personal against him. He went to far

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The entire offseason...we have to get Kyler right and back to the QB he was. Kliff didn't focus on the fundamentals. Kliff didn't teach him to read defenses. Kliff didn't teach Kyler how to play QB under C. Kyler didn't respect Kliff.

and then this is the resumes of his OC and QB coach

Drew Petzing
Harvard (2009) - Volunteer student assistant
Boston College (2010–2011) - Graduate assistant
Yale (2012) - Outside linebackers coach
Cleveland Browns (2013) - Football operations intern
Minnesota Vikings (20142015) - Offensive assistant
Minnesota Vikings (20162017) - Assistant wide receivers coach
Minnesota Vikings (2018) - Assistant quarterbacks coach
Minnesota Vikings (2019) - Wide receivers coach
Cleveland Browns (20202021) - Tight ends coach
Cleveland Browns (2022) - Quarterbacks coach

Israel Woolfork:
2013-15 Miami University, graduate assistant
2015-17 Miami University, running backs coach
2018-21 Miami University, wide receivers coach
2021 Cleveland Browns, Bill Walsh NFL Diversity Coaching Fellowship
2022- Cleveland Browns, Bill Willis Coaching Fellowship
You must be registered for see images

The6

All Star
Reaction score
I don't think he said anything that some of us haven't been thinking and saying for quite some time. He just may not be HC material. Shady says he's still rooting for him, but just doesn't see his true value at the position.

I also love how the Cards were bashed for not bringing him in this year...as if him turning down an interview in 2019 doesn't matter...and why should it have been the Cardinals job to hire him? I didn't see much from other teams, lately. He's had like 12-15 HC interviews, but is still not getting hired.
Also he contributed nothing to the 2 super bowls he was apart of that his team won. He's upset that the chiefs didn't play as the coach he's bashing and Reid did t play him cause he couldn't hang onto the football. He's a classless guy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also he contributed nothing to the 2 super bowls he was apart of that his team won. He's upset that the chiefs didn't play as the coach he's bashing and Reid did t play him cause he couldn't hang onto the football. He's a classless guy.
Apparently he had fumblitis that reared it’s ugly head in a couple losses and Bienemy rightfully took him to task considering he wasn’t playing or producing all that much, while putting the rock on the ground.

Tyreke Hill and Jamal Charles both put McCoy on blast about his comments, throwing quite a bit of Shade on Shady, who pretty much sucked with KC and rightfully got called out on the carpet:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I suspect we will see Munchak and or Zimmer come in as senior hc assistants to help guide our youthful coaching staff.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LeSean McCoy letting it be known what Bieniemy's value was for the Chiefs. Spoiler - he saw none.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Oooof brutal

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First, we don't know Woolfork is coming as QB coach. That's one person's guess.

Second, how can he be worse than part time mime artist and full time tablet starer Cam Turner? A man we barely heard speak and certainly didn't see coach through 9 episodes of Hard Knocks. And every time we've seen him on the sideline he's just sat staring at a tablet that says "pretend you're doing something and nobody will notice you suck".

In fact Woolfork path is identical to Turners who was an short time offensive assistant and assistant QB coach before becoming full time QB coach. I don't recall much outrage over that.

And Byron Leftwich had even less coaching experience when he was made Rosen QB coach.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dan Pitcher had 3 years as an offensive assistant and 1 year as an assistant QB coach before he was put in charge of Joe Burrow at 33.

Pretty much same as Woolfork.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson