New Year's Thoughts

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great Post. I think Abraham's current deal is fine and he will retire after next season. We should wait on PP unless he is realistic. His relationship with Tyrann complicates things a bit the longer we wait and the more impact Tyrann has. While TM is injured may be the time to try to get a realistic deal done with PP. I am good with the Winston love but what do we think of Massie and his future? Presumably we get a a starting LT and Cooper is back and I don't see us bringing in a high dollar replacement for Sendlein but maybe a developmental guy. We have a lot of options at RG and RT.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Great Post. I think Abraham's current deal is fine and he will retire after next season. We should wait on PP unless he is realistic. His relationship with Tyrann complicates things a bit the longer we wait and the more impact Tyrann has. While TM is injured may be the time to try to get a realistic deal done with PP. I am good with the Winston love but what do we think of Massie and his future? Presumably we get a a starting LT and Cooper is back and I don't see us bringing in a high dollar replacement for Sendlein but maybe a developmental guy. We have a lot of options at RG and RT.

Would u be upset if the Cards made Cooper the center and then drafted

say Cyril Richardson ( Iupati clone) or David Yankey to play guard?

I dont know how I would feel about that but it is a possibility I guess

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with Mitch and Catfish, PP may be very good however he hasn't reached elite status in my book yet. To me being elite means you excel at all phases of the game, which means not only good coverage but also tackling and doing the things including the small things which can turn a game. PP could take a page from Fitzgerald and learn that an elite players works on all areas of his game. I would not extend PP just yet. You always have the Franchise designation if needed to use.

As far as punt returning either PP should give it up because he did the team no favors this year at that role. Again if this is part of his responsibility then do it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all. This year PP stunk at it.

PP21 - first team all pro (not pro bowl)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The question I am asking and I think Catfish is too---the reports are that Peterson is looking for guaranteed money in excess of $50M. What he wants is Revis money---$16M per---that's where the bar is---so what I am asking is, is paying Peterson that kind of money, which would take up approximately 1/12th of the cap going to help the Cardinals win a championship? Or---is it going to prohibit the kind of cap flexibility that will enable the Cardinals to field a championship caliber team?

Link to these reports? Thanks in advance.

No one has any idea what the first round of post-CBA extensions are going to look like for these high first rounders. Peterson is playing for like $2.5M in 2014; he'd be getting pretty bad advice if he turns down $30M guaranteed come March.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave