New Owner - Mat Ishbia

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My playoff ticket invoice came in today.

As much as I was surprised by my season ticket package not increasing, I am flabbergasted by the gigantic increase in playoff ticket costs.

The playoffs alone run nearly 3 times the total cost of my season ticket package.

So... woof.

If we somehow, by a miracle, made it to the finals, I will be selling a lot of tickets along the way.

The way the prices scale, I would expect that even cheap tickets in the later rounds will be over 1000 bucks per seat.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score

As much as I was surprised by my season ticket package not increasing, I am flabbergasted by the gigantic increase in playoff ticket costs.

The playoffs alone run nearly 3 times the total cost of my season ticket package.

So... woof.

If we somehow, by a miracle, made it to the finals, I will be selling a lot of tickets along the way.

The way the prices scale, I would expect that even cheap tickets in the later rounds will be over 1000 bucks per seat.
This team is not worth that, they will find out

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

So... woof.

Good news is . . . you’re going to get a lot back or applied for next years season tickets.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

So... woof.

I don't think you have much to worry about.

Superbone

Reaction score
Minus the "character issues"
Yeah, but he also has a lot more money and is willing to burn it on the Suns. He struck out this year. Let's see how he adjusts for next year. His heart is in the right place.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but he also has a lot more money and is willing to burn it on the Suns. He struck out this year. Let's see how he adjusts for next year. His heart is in the right place.
"You play to win the game" :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is the way of the NBA. Asking around and to see games in Oakland or LA is outrageous. The Bull aren't even any good and you have to pay an arm and a leg for tickets. I keep asking myself, how are these people affording to go to the games? I am only able to go once or twice a year now. We spent thousands on NBA Finals game two tickets in PHX because we felt it was once in a lifetime event. I can't afford that again.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the way of the NBA. Asking around and to see games in Oakland or LA is outrageous. The Bull aren't even any good and you have to pay an arm and a leg for tickets. I keep asking myself, how are these people affording to go to the games? I am only able to go once or twice a year now. We spent thousands on NBA Finals game two tickets in PHX because we felt it was once in a lifetime event. I can't afford that again.

Yep I can’t afford them for me and my family. At the same time I justify it because I have the best seat in the arena, that’s the comfort of my own chair, and best views. The toilet is also very nearby lol. Beer and food are cheaper. And the product is just so inconsistent idk if I’ll enjoy or hate blowing my money.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
The only thing to quibble about Ishbia so far is that he's possibly meddling too much in personnel decisions. Other than that he's been everything we, as a fanbase, could ask for.
1st mistake, including Bridges is grumpy's trade. KD could have been had for less if he waited

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Yep I can’t afford them for me and my family. At the same time I justify it because I have the best seat in the arena, that’s the comfort of my own chair, and best views. The toilet is also very nearby lol. Beer and food are cheaper. And the product is just so inconsistent idk if I’ll enjoy or hate blowing my money.
Its a corporate thing... I "could" afford but financial logic wont let me. I go once in a while on the company dime. Has to be lower level or suite to justify the effort. To many games are taken off by players/teams during the season for NBA/MLB. Football is the best value if you want a solid effort every game short of injury.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st mistake, including Bridges is grumpy's trade. KD could have been had for less if he waited
It's all just opinion but I suspect Mikal had to be part of the trade. But I don't believe we had to give them anywhere near the max in picks/swaps - KD just wasn't worth that much when you consider his age and his injury history.

We gave up prime superstar value IMO for a very good player getting paid as if he were still a top three player. He will likely be the most overpaid player in the league the last couple years of his contract. And that was a burden the Nets should have carried for handing out a supermax deal to an oft-injured player near the end of his career but we bailed them out.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should have just waited three years to get KD when he is even older.
Or better yet, make the deal but keep CamJ and only surrender 2 unprotected picks. With CamJ and 2 more first round picks available, we'd have been better prepared to form a complete roster capable of challenging for the title.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think Bridges was the sticking point. Like @AzStevenCal said though we probably could have gotten away with 2-3 picks instead of 4.

My issue with the KD trade was primarily giving up the twins together. The line should have been drawn at Mikal. Look at the offers the Nets have received for Bridges since then. I think we could have ended up with a better return had we floated the idea that Mikal was available before entering negotiations with Brooklyn again. That way we could have had a 3rd team involved or received a different package.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Or better yet, make the deal but keep CamJ and only surrender 2 unprotected picks. With CamJ and 2 more first round picks available, we'd have been better prepared to form a complete roster capable of challenging for the title.

It looks worse and worse by the day. KD wanted Phoenix and the Nets had already traded Kyrie. Everyone knew Brooklyn was in an impossible spot with a disgruntled star for an irrelevant franchise. Before Sarver was out JJ wouldn’t give up that monster package the first time around but Ishbia needs to make a splash his first week on the job and traded everything. In a billionaire poker match I’ll take Joe Tsai over Mat Ishbia.

Superbone

Reaction score
It's all just opinion but I suspect Mikal had to be part of the trade. But I don't believe we had to give them anywhere near the max in picks/swaps - KD just wasn't worth that much when you consider his age and his injury history.

We gave up prime superstar value IMO for a very good player getting paid as if he were still a top three player. He will likely be the most overpaid player in the league the last couple years of his contract. And that was a burden the Nets should have carried for handing out a supermax deal to an oft-injured player near the end of his career but we bailed them out.
This. Ishbia wanted to make a splash. It was at the expense of a lopsided trade. We gave up way too much for what we got. A superstar at the end of his career. I think Jones knew better. Ishbia is a smart guy. I think he'll learn from this.

Superbone

Reaction score
It looks worse and worse by the day. KD wanted Phoenix and the Nets had already traded Kyrie. Everyone knew Brooklyn was in an impossible spot with a disgruntled star for an irrelevant franchise. Before Sarver was out JJ wouldn’t give up that monster package the first time around but Ishbia needs to make a splash his first week on the job and traded everything. In a billionaire poker match I’ll take Joe Tsai over Mat Ishbia.
Borg. (Is that how you do it? :p)