New NFL guidelines announced for bags allowed into UOP Stadium

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to bring in a clear ziploc baggie with tampons in it! Thanks, NFL!

You can still bring a smaller purse for that.

I'm sure my wife will see this as an opertunity to purchase yet another purse. I'll have to make sure we avoid the Coach store till the season is over.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We never had to worry before but this year we planned on bringing our baby to a game (he will be almost 14 months by gameday). I guess this means we can't bring in any kind of diaper bag or backpack? We have found that there is quite a bit of stuff that needs to be carried around for a lttile guy. Has anyone here brought a young child to the game? Any tips?

We just brought a diaper bag...

Oh wait.

Yeah that kind of sucks. No way you can do that without a diaper bag.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
The team will distribute clear bags that are acceptable to bring into the stadium to all STH's. If the NFL is going to do this to its fans, then the Cards are at least trying to soften the blow. Good for them.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I applaud the NFL for reacting this quickly after the Boston bombings. Some nut sets off even a small bomb at an NFL game and more people will die from stampede than the actual bomb. NFL +1.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just brought a diaper bag...

Oh wait.

Yeah that kind of sucks. No way you can do that without a diaper bag.

NFL response:

"This is something that we contemplated. We are sports fans and attend events throughout the year, too, and took a long look at possible concerns people would have. Simply put the contents of the diaper bag into an approved bag. If there are necessary medical items for the child there would be an exception made after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose. The 12x6x12 bag is a decent size and can fit diapers, bottles, wipes, etc. I had a to go bag that size for my kids that worked well on day trips. And it's one bag per person so other family members would be able to help."

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to tell them the NSA has all terrorist activities under control so they dont have to worry about backpacks anymore.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have an inherent dislike for snitches. Can't trust 'em. Same thing for liars and fakes.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are clear cut rules made to accommodate the customer, (while still protecting us from the terrorist threat). Anyone who complains against that is just not thinking of the safety end of this thing. Thank God someone is taking care of that, because the threat has not in the least diminished here in America. If anything, it is ramping up again since the Boston Marathon Incident. We don't need that to happen at an NFL event.

And this is safe...how?

If someone wants to bring something in to a stadium, they will not be thwarted by clear plastic baggies.

SMH

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is safe...how?

If someone wants to bring something in to a stadium, they will not be thwarted by clear plastic baggies.

SMH

Clearly, no pressure cooker will fit in the Ziploc

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly, no pressure cooker will fit in the Ziploc

Was this step taken because of what happened at the Boston Marathon?

That was a factor to take into account, certainly, but we update and improve the policy every year. It has evolved so that we can continue to adjust to the realities of public safety. We had been discussing a new approach to bag restrictions before the Boston Marathon incident. We have come up with a way to do it that will actually make access more convenient for fans than it has been. We think the fans will embrace and appreciate it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NFL is almost making me happy that I haven't renewed my season tickets. Kudos.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They already have bags searched in the first place. Rolling through the gates with a pressure cooker is pretty much not going to happen.

Even the Ronco Pocket Pressure Cooker?

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I wish they had let us know about the policy prior to renewal. I don't usually take a bag into the game, I just didn't want the trouble of having it searched. What I don't like is the arbitrary rule making and the lack of choice on my part as to if I want to renew under their new conditions. My new Cardinals purse, bought at the team shop last season, was under the previous size limits is now obsolete because it is not a "clutch" nor is it clear. Sad, I do know for sure that I will not spend a single dime in the team shop this coming season because I'm not so keen on wasting money on something that may be banned in future seasons.

What is next no ball caps because it takes 3/4 of a second to ask the wearer to remove it so they can see that you don't have, I don't know what hidden under there? As for preventing the same thing that happened in Boston, the policy stops no one from leaving their "unacceptable" backpack at the gate and walking off. I'm all for safe guards that work, this one has too many holes in it to be effective.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson