New NFL guidelines announced for bags allowed into UOP Stadium

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals: New guidelines announced for bags allowed into UOP Stadium

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/sports/spo...o-university-of-phoenix-stadium#ixzz2W8oTXG9T

The allowed items include:

* Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” Cardinals’ season-ticket members will be sent compliant bags in early August.
* One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar). The team will have these bags available at University of Phoenix Stadium gates on game day.
* Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
* An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.

Bags that will not be allowed include purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags, and camera bags.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so basically you are not allowed to bring a purse anymore.

But, you can bring in a gallon size baggie the size of a purse? huh?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife recently got a beautiful officially licensed Arizona Cardinals' purse which met the previous requirements, but will no longer be allowed and I always bring my officially licensed Arizona Cardinals' cinch bag (backpack) to put my cell phone, wallet, keys, etc. inside - to get through security quicker - which also will no longer be allowed.

Some of our friends bring seat cushions.

:thumbdown

Can't wait for the Cards' to call me with their regular call and ask how I'm doing and if I have any questions or concerns...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about the items on this list that are also sold by the team in the team shops and kiosks inside the stadium?

"Sorry, can't bring that backpack (or seat cushion...or cinch bag) in here, but if you go to that shop right there...you can buy another one just like it..." :doi:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'm sure this is intended to protect us from the terrorist threat and has nothing to do with leveraging us into purchasing things we need in the stadium.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL to limit bags in stadiums

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9380773/nfl-limit-bags-brought-stadiums

The league is encouraging fans not to bring any bags to games.

"Our fans deserve to be in a safe and secure environment," Jeffrey Miller, the NFL's chief security officer, said Thursday. "Public safety is our top priority. This will make the job of checking items much more efficient and effective. We will be able to deliver a better and quicker experience at the gates and also provide a safer environment. We appreciate our fans' cooperation."

An NFL committee on stadium security recommended these measures in May and the owners have approved them.

A secondary buffer area well outside the stadium will be established where security personnel will check for prohibited items or bags being carried toward the ballpark. Fans with prohibited bags will be turned away until they dispose of those bags.

Stadium personnel are being encouraged to have approved bags on hand to give to fans, or to have a place outside the restricted areas to check items, so that fans can reclaim after games.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I used a fanny pack (which I hate) at Fan Fest because I didn't want to stand in the heat while security checked my bag. I figured I'd have less for them to check.

I took it off, put it on the table and started to un-zip it and the security guy said it wasn't necessary. Instead he just felt all the pockets. "That's your sunglasses case? Keys?"

I assumed they'd had training on how to ID what was inside by touch but it was a little weird.

Last edited:

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
NFL, you just won over all the ladies on their period!!

We should stage a protest and bring in clear bags full of tampons and condoms.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
These are clear cut rules made to accommodate the customer, (while still protecting us from the terrorist threat). Anyone who complains against that is just not thinking of the safety end of this thing. Thank God someone is taking care of that, because the threat has not in the least diminished here in America. If anything, it is ramping up again since the Boston Marathon Incident. We don't need that to happen at an NFL event.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to bring in a clear ziploc baggie with tampons in it! Thanks, NFL!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never brought anything into the stadium I didn't take with me on a normal day anyways.. I just don't feel the need to bring all of my worldly possessions to a sporting event.. So this really doesn't matter to me, I guess..

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm wonder if that means I can't bring in the plastic whiskey flask in my boot any more! :)

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Be afraid. . . very afraid. And enjoy that $5 bottle of water.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL, you just won over all the ladies on their period!!

We should stage a protest and bring in clear bags full of tampons and condoms.

lmao

I wonder if clear purses will be acceptable in general. I carry a few items and its always nice to go ahead and throw it all in my wifes purse instead of having loaded pockets.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never brought anything into the stadium I didn't take with me on a normal day anyways.. I just don't feel the need to bring all of my worldly possessions to a sporting event.. So this really doesn't matter to me, I guess..

Women carry stuff, this is directed to their purses not us.

Smokes, lighter, keys wallet, phone - all I need.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We never had to worry before but this year we planned on bringing our baby to a game (he will be almost 14 months by gameday). I guess this means we can't bring in any kind of diaper bag or backpack? We have found that there is quite a bit of stuff that needs to be carried around for a lttile guy. Has anyone here brought a young child to the game? Any tips?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We never had to worry before but this year we planned on bringing our baby to a game (he will be almost 14 months by gameday). I guess this means we can't bring in any kind of diaper bag or backpack? We have found that there is quite a bit of stuff that needs to be carried around for a lttile guy. Has anyone here brought a young child to the game? Any tips?

Clear diaper bag I guess :shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard