New League year New thread. Around the NFL 2020-21.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jameis Winston says he's 'one of the best quarterbacks' to ever play and 'it's not over' for him
"I know what I'm worth," Winston recently said in an interview with Bleacher Report's Tyler Dunne. "And I know day in and day out, without publicly coming in and saying it, that historically I'm one of the best quarterbacks to play the game."

Winston has changed more than just teams this offseason. He has dropped nearly 20 pounds off of his 6-foot-4 frame after embracing a vegan diet. Winston has also been working with trainers on improving his habits in the pocket after throwing 88 interceptions during his five seasons in Tampa Bay.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rbacks-to-ever-play-and-its-not-over-for-him/

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“That’s one of the things I’ve been pondering the last two or three weeks. As we set the protocols and from what I’m understanding, is that if you test positive, you’re quarantined for two weeks,” Bruce Arians said via Green Light. “But I’ve thought about keeping a third quarterback on the roster out of the room. So, I might have to quarantine a quarterback just in case of a quarantine.”
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...terback_for_2020_nfl_season/s1_12680_32159690

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 15m
The NFL has notified teams the virtual period for offseason work will be extended through June 26, but there will be no in-person minicamps this month, per sources. Expected, and now official.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, Jamal Adams is still unhappy with the Jets over contract talks
All-Pro safety Jamal Adams remains unhappy as he and the New York Jets try to figure out a deal that would keep him in the Meadowlands in the long term.

Reacting to a report that Myles Garrett and the Cleveland Browns are working on a supposed “megadeal,” Adams said in an Instagram comment that the Jets have held back on offering him a similar deal and called him “selfish” during whatever discussion they had.
https://sports.yahoo.com/jamal-adams-unhappy-jets-contract-talks-myles-garrett-nfl-211407798.html

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Field Yates
⁦‪@FieldYates‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

The Dolphins have rounded out their coaching staff by hiring Steve Ferentz (the son of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz) as a coaching assistant and former Chiefs RB Kolby Smith as their offensive QC coach.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...negotiating-with-jadeveon-clowney/ar-BB15pfTQ

Apparently teams who had an interest in Clowney are done with him. No team feels he is worth his asking price.
Having a great self esteem is good for a professional player but he should dwell on his numbers
Production
games missed
Ok he has been a 3 time pro bowler but probably just in 1 season he played at very high level
The talent is there but is not worth half of the money is demanding right now

Cause if he thinks 20mil is the right salary for him, Chandler Jones has all the rights to ask 35mil for season

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals end virtual offseason for veterans, but rookies will continue

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said late last week that the virtual offseason meetings have reached their limit.

“We’re running out of ideas without actually taking it to the field and actually executing it,” Kingsbury said. “You can only cover so many things without actually practicing it. We’ve about reached that point.”

So it comes as no surprise that Kingsbury has told veteran players they are done with the virtual offseason program. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that only Cardinals’ rookies will continue with meetings this week.

Teams can extend the virtual offseason program through June 26, but several teams, including the Rams, Titans and Bears, already have concluded their meetings. They will get back together in person at training camp next month.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson still has no interest in returning to football
We’re not coming back,” Nelson recently told Jason Wilde of the Wisconsin State Journal. “There’s no doubt about that. We’re done. . . [W]hen you first get in the NFL and you’re performing very well, you’re underpaid, and then when you sign a big contract, you become overpaid. When you’re towards the end of your career, you get released and people say you’re too slow, you’ve lost a step, you can’t play anymore; and then apparently when you retire, everyone wants you to come back. . . . I’m confused on what I need to do, so I’ll just stay at home. No one’s ever satisfied.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/jordy-nelson-still-no-interest-032936765.html

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When people doesn't get the importance of respecting the rules
But even great athletes can have severe simpthoms and the lungs can be damaged long term even after healing

Ian Rapoport
⁦‪@RapSheet‬⁩

A month ago, NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills said: "We fully expect that we will have positive cases that arise. … Our challenge is to identify them as quickly as possible and prevent spread to any other participants.” The teams appear to have done that.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport
⁦‪@RapSheet‬⁩

A month ago, NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills said: "We fully expect that we will have positive cases that arise. … Our challenge is to identify them as quickly as possible and prevent spread to any other participants.” The teams appear to have done that.

The organization is doing right, I just complain about athletes who keep doing things like there is not a pandemic virus