New info shows this years Super Bowl was the most-watched sporting event EVER!

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Check it out from Variety.com:

Turns out Sunday's big football game was even more super in the ratings than first thought. Nielsen Media Research on Tuesday reported a surprising surge in the nationals that make the Pittsburgh-Arizona matchup the most-watched sporting event on record. An estimated in-home audience of 98.73 million viewers watched the game, up 3% from the preliminary figure of 95.4 million issued Monday. The final tally is also an improvement of 1% over last year's then-record 97.45 million for the New York Giants-New England Patriots matchup.

And among all television programs, only the series finale of "MASH" on CBS in 1983 has drawn a larger average audience (106 million) than Sunday's thriller. An average aud of more than 106 million were watching during the final full quarter-hour of Sunday's game (9:45-10 p.m. ET) when the Steelers won their sixth pro football championship by rallying in the final minute.

For full info, check out:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117999515.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had so many people call me and tell me what a great game it was and how sad they were that it didn't go our way. I don't think I know anyone who was NOT watching this game.

OP
OP
Mrh182

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
does anyone know if the journalist who said this game would be bad for football and all that ever ate his crow?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was a great game to watch but I will never be able to see the final 2 minutes of my life again just to pianful....I hate you Holmes :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard