New England Patriots

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
I just realized, this team is incredibly talented, well coached and deep. I think it'll be a huge upset for anyone else wining SB 50.

All these other lossless teams have barely won some of their games, and here they are dominating week after week after week.

Impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just realized?? Been hanging out under a rock?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are exceptional. The defense is getting better, early in the year it was not good.

They have a major issue with OL injuries right now but Brady is so good it didn't matter tonight. I sort of assumed Miami wasn't for real and they played horribly tonight.

The Dolphins D was really good for a half but the offense couldn't sustain drives and they eventually wore down their defense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After looking at their schedule, I'll be stunned if they go anything less then 15-1.

Brady is just crushing it.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The real mystery is how amendola has stayed healthy this long.

I do still believe in sports karma, so they will get theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The season's not even halfway over yet. There's a long way to go.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
A motivated, "we don't need to cheat" Patriots team is usually pretty scary. Couple that with some truly bad play by the rest of the league and it's probably going to be another undefeated season for the Patsies this year.

I'll hate it, but it's coming.

What I don't understand is what do they do that apparently no one else in the league even approaches, much less duplicates? As good as Brady is or isn't, he simply can't be on such a different level than other QB's.

How can the Patriots be literally one dimensional on offense and not only get away with it, excel at it? It just doesn't add up.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A well oiled and well coached machine

The FO continues to fill holes, the players are coached up and they don't seem to miss a beat.

As much as I don't like them, I have to respect them for what they do.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think they're not going to lose a game this season.

Anything is possible but the Steelers played them tough without Bell or Bryant and the Jets played them tough with a mediocre QB,. I'm not sure anybody in the AFC is going to beat them though.

Denver's defense is good enough but the offense isn't.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do everything well and they're damn near unbeatable at home.

Announcers last night killed me, on and on about what a great knockdown it was in the endzone when the replay playing at the time clearly shows the pass hit the WR Matthews right in the hands and he dropped it, the Pats DB never touched the ball.

Earlier on a punt they praised Edelman for "blocking" the gunner to stop him from keeping the ball out of the endzone. What he actually did was tackle him which is a penalty. The refs were huddled in the endzone and one of them clearly had his flag in his hand, I don't know if he picked it up or was going to throw it but they never did call the penalty and the announcers never did stop praising Edelman and admit it should have been a penalty,

If the NE defense continues to improve they're going to be awfully tough.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Patriots brought Dan " the Man Campbell" myth to light. Emotion goes just so far.

BTW, did any of the sideline shots include Dan Campbell not spitting? NSFC. :D

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I continue to be amazed at how much time Brady routinely has in the pocket.
Gronk is a complete nightmare for opposing defenses. I knew he was good at UA but his dominance in the NFL is impressive.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I continue to be amazed at how much time Brady routinely has in the pocket.
Gronk is a complete nightmare for opposing defenses. I knew he was good at UA but his dominance in the NFL is impressive.

Put Deone on Gronk, Peterson on Amendola, Honey Badger on Edleman and pray to God our pass rush can somehow materialize.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can lose @ Denver and @ the NYJ if they don't lose one of those they aren't losing a regular season game this year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can lose @ Denver and @ the NYJ if they don't lose one of those they aren't losing a regular season game this year.

Denver has the defense to bother them but Denver's offense is probably not good enough right now.

The Jets were right there 2 weeks ago but they need better QB play.

Those are the 2 most likely. I think Buffalo and The Eagles could both bother them except the games are at NE. I don't see the Giants upsetting them again they just don't have the pass rush.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver has the defense to bother them but Denver's offense is probably not good enough right now.

The Jets were right there 2 weeks ago but they need better QB play.

Those are the 2 most likely. I think Buffalo and The Eagles could both bother them except the games are at NE. I don't see the Giants upsetting them again they just don't have the pass rush.

those are the only two possible losses I see, but agree with the above.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's all root for the NFL to win their appeal before the Super Bowl, I guess.

I thinK Brady should have been suspended for failing to cooperate but I think the NFL shouldn't have appealed. If they win and suspend him in the middle of an unbeaten season it would be a shame.

I don't think they'll win though. I think the Pats were cheating, I think Brady knew and was involved, but they didn't prove it and they made their bed years earlier when Goodell let them off easily on Spygate.

he blew it then trying to protect the integrity of the NFL, he has to live with that mistake.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's all root for the NFL to win their appeal before the Super Bowl, I guess.

as long as they suspend Brady AFTER my fantasy championship game, I'm totally good with that!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard