New Diet Coke - with Splenda

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man, this stuff is fantastic!

It tastes just like real Coke, but without any calories.

Has anyone else tried this yet?

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have emailed both Pepsi and Coke a few times each in the last year BEGGING them to come out with a line that is sweetened with Splenda vs Aspartame. I am allergic to Aspartame, addicted to caffeine, don't like coffee, and don't want the extra calories from regular soda. I have been stuck drinking Diet RC for so long, because that was the ONLY soda sweetened with Splenda! NOW, the new Pepsi One has Splenda, and this new Diet Coke has Splenda! I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too love this new Diet Coke! Because Splenda is derived from sugar, is doesn't have as bad of that fake sweet taste as Aspartame.

:thumbup: Good job Coke and Pepsi!!!!!!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CQ said:
I have emailed both Pepsi and Coke a few times each in the last year BEGGING them to come out with a line that is sweetened with Splenda vs Aspartame. I am allergic to Aspartame, addicted to caffeine, don't like coffee, and don't want the extra calories from regular soda. I have been stuck drinking Diet RC for so long, because that was the ONLY soda sweetened with Splenda! NOW, the new Pepsi One has Splenda, and this new Diet Coke has Splenda! I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too love this new Diet Coke! Because Splenda is derived from sugar, is doesn't have as bad of that fake sweet taste as Aspartame.

:thumbup: Good job Coke and Pepsi!!!!!!

Are they selling it in stores now?

Mike

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Are they selling it in stores now?

Mike

Yep! I've seen it at Walmart, Bashas and Safeway. I haven't looked anywhere else, but I'd assume it's everywhere now. The PepsiOne with Splenda is in a black can to make it different from regular PepsiOne, which I think they're phasing out. The Diet Coke with Splenda has a yellow tint to the cans and says really big Splenda.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I found this stuff in a quick trip about 3 weeks ago. Its not too bad. Splenda is much better than most other sugar substitutes.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
I have never really drank that much pop. Water, Iced Tea and beers!

Me too!

I hate people that put sugar in their iced tea..... WTF is with that?

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Me too!

And in Coffee. I drink my coffee black. If I wanted a "frapachino" or whatever the hell they call that sugar garbage I still wouldnt get one but Im not gonna make my coffee taste like it!!! Im pissed!!!

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Me too!

You have obviously never been to the south for any extended period of time. It is called 'Sweet Tea" and thats just about all they serve in the dirty south!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried it this weekend. It's awful.

I will stick to Diet Pepsi.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
I have never really drank that much pop. Water, Iced Tea and beers!

I'm in my 4th week of no soda. I drink iced tea, water, and powerade/gatorade. We get free drinks at work and it had just become too easy to drink 3-4 sodas in one day at work.

Carbonation is horrible for acid reflux and I am noticing a difference. Of course caffeine is bad for it too and my iced tea has plenty of that. Baby steps.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Carbonation is horrible for acid reflux and I am noticing a difference. Of course caffeine is bad for it too and my iced tea has plenty of that. Baby steps.

Do you take Prilosec OTC?

If not... I highly recommend it..... I swear by it now...Before taking it I could never eat pizza (pizzas like my crack.. my achille's heel) without experiencing the worst heartburn possible or (don't want to be too graphic here) keeping it down....

Since taking Prilosec on a daily basis, I can eat as much pizza as I desire and never experience any type of the problems I did before.... Heck... I actually believe in faith-healing in most cases, but this has been the wonder-drug for me....

Sorry for hijacking this thread...

No.. I havent tried Diet-Coke with Splenda before... the only coke I like now is Vanilla Coke....only drink that though whenever I'm at Subway......

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KLL said:
Do you take Prilosec OTC?

If not... I highly recommend it..... I swear by it now...Before taking it I could never eat pizza (pizzas like my crack.. my achille's heel) without experiencing the worst heartburn possible or (don't want to be too graphic here) keeping it down....

Since taking Prilosec on a daily basis, I can eat as much pizza as I desire and never experience any type of the problems I did before.... Heck... I actually believe in faith-healing in most cases, but this has been the wonder-drug for me....

Sorry for hijacking this thread...

No.. I havent tried Diet-Coke with Splenda before... the only coke I like now is Vanilla Coke....only drink that though whenever I'm at Subway......

I'm on Zantac 150. I tried Prevacid but I'm one of the small % that found it ineffective and it made me drowsy, Zantac doesn't.

I haven't tried Prilosec.

I can't stand any diet drink so I doubt I'll try this one either.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate Splenda. I convinced my wife that it tastes like gasoline so we don't buy anything with it.

Diet Pepsi, Diet Dr. Pepper, and Diet Mountain Dew are my faves.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doesn't splenda give you the runs?

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:

:biglaugh: Not that I know of, and I've been using Splenda for quite awhile now!

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
thirty-two said:

I think that was olean (olestra). But I think that, for instance ate it in the wow potato chips, you had to eat the equivalent of drinking a gallon of the oil. If you drank a gallon of any cooking oil, I'm sure you'd get the runs. :D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I'm on Zantac 150. I tried Prevacid but I'm one of the small % that found it ineffective and it made me drowsy, Zantac doesn't.

Hmmm, maybe you ought to take Prozak. Take enough of it and you won't even know you have a stomach.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:

Vanilla Coke is the best.... The only soda I would :barf: is Clear (Crystal) Pepsi... that was the worst ever imaginable....

Russ Smith said:

I was officially diagnosed with Stomach Acid Reflux right after I turned 21, but had it for a few years before that......

Anyways.. my physician prescribed me Zantac and Prevacid and had me try all the usual antacids, however, all of those failed... It wasnt up until I discovered Prilosec OTC recently that I knew I was assured of constant relief from the usual agony of heartburn and I dont have to sacrifice anything whatsoever in the process....Especially pizza since that would be like anyone trying to overcome their addiction... If I quit eating pizza cold-turkey..I would have the worst withdrawal possible! :D

Last edited: