New around here.

Cardforlife

Veteran
Reaction score
just found this board and I'm happy to be here. I've suffered through the last 20 years as a Cardinal's fan alone up here in Winnipeg, and nowI've found some similar people. So what does everyone think of the Robert/Jeff Blake signing? I like the others but I'm a bit reserved on the Blake one. mainly b/c he fumbles way too much. I also think they overpayed for Jackson but he's young and He has had a couple of good seasons. I'm on the fence about Emmit I would rather bring in Mack or Gary to push Shipp. :wave:

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Originally posted by Cardforlife
just found this board and I'm happy to be here. I've suffered through the last 20 years as a Cardinal's fan alone up here in Winnipeg, and nowI've found some similar people. So what does everyone think of the Robert/Jeff Blake signing? I like the others but I'm a bit reserved on the Blake one. mainly b/c he fumbles way too much. I also think they overpayed for Jackson but he's young and He has had a couple of good seasons. I'm on the fence about Emmit I would rather bring in Mack or Gary to push Shipp. :wave:

I like the Blake signing better than bringing in Kordell. I like his arm strength. I like the idea of McAddley running full speed and getting hit in mid-stride, rather than having to slow down and adjust for the ball.

I think the game vs SF he had a sure TD if the ball had ANY strength put into it, but he had to slow down and catch it and was thus tackled (big gainer though).

Wow, you are a glutton for punishment. A Cardinal fan in Winnipeg!!! Wow. That is tough my friend. Anyways, welcome and you will find some great topics here & some geat insight.

There are members of the Cards organization who visit frequently (Dave Pasch) and others who are regulars (Jim Omohondro - the Dali Lama of this baoard).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Welcome!

In regards to Emmitt.....I wouldn't touch Gary with a ten foot pole. People close to the Broncos have said he lost a lot of speed because of his injuries, and he was kind of slow to begin with. I like Mack, but he is no Emmitt.

Jeff Blake was exactly what we needed. I'm not sure why you think he fumbles too much (you might be confusing him with Tony Banks :D), but he is the solid, unspectacular Qb we need right now.:thumbup:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Cardforlife. You'll normally find this a busy place but the combination of war and the NFL doldrum period has knocked down the traffic levels.

OP
OP
C

Cardforlife

Veteran
Reaction score
I had Blake in my Nfl draft last year and he lost me 2 pts everytime he dropped the rock if I remember correctly 2 went for Tds. don't get me wrong I like him better than Stewart as well i just hope our line holds up long enough for him to throw down field. We seem to be cursed with injuries whenever we have a position of strength.

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
hello Skorp, Maddog & Krang:wave:

& last but not least, a hearty WELCOME to the new board Cardsforlife:)

OP
OP
C

Cardforlife

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
Are you WpgJets over at the Cards insider board?
That would be me. I usually use the Jets name for hockey realted stuff. But in my early days as a poster I used Jets for everything.

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Young Gun
hello Skorp, Maddog & Krang:wave:

& last but not least, a hearty WELCOME to the new board Cardsforlife:)

Yo dude!!! I have been stirring it up w/RW over at Cards Corner about unions. That guy is like the damn Energizer bunny....he keep going and going and going...

Good to see you here too!

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be me. I usually use the Jets name for hockey realted stuff. But in my early days as a poster I used Jets for everything.

Like the avatar! I just found that Insider board the other day. There seems to be some good posters over there & I thought I'd intorduce them to the BEST over here.

Us Cards fans are few and proud....

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
maddog, I was just going to comment about the AzCentral board. I noticed you having it out with that Parkenfarker(RW).

I find it totally pointless & exhausting(mentally) trying to carry out a conversation with that dullard.

It seems that every time someone brings a good point up he turns it into an argument & starts calling you names because he is being beat in a discussion.

I hardly waste my time over there anymore.

OP
OP
C

Cardforlife

Veteran
Reaction score
Hardest thing about being a Cards fan up north is it's almost impossible to find any Cards stuff in stores. I'm sick of that stupid Star and that dumb Green "*" or gang banger silver and Black! I have a lot of Bucs stuff from when I worked the sideline for them in Minnie 2 years ago plus the equipment guy sends stuff tomy buddy and shares with me. My wife orders me stuff from NFl.com but it costs like 3 times the price to ship here. Plus my buddy went to bucs camp last year and b got my mini Crads helmet signed by Pittman and Rice. When i met Rice at the Bucs vikes game I realized how much of a mistake was to let him leave. He was honestly the nice guy on the team. And a real team guys as well.

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
Cardforlife;

you've picked yourself a good name. Because once you're a Card fan you are a Card fan for life.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson