Nets-Celtics Game 3

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't think the Nets are very good, and I think either Detroit or Philadelphia will beat them in the conference finals. But they sure are making Boston look terrible right now. They're shutting Pierce down, and no one else on the Celtics can do anything. Walker is useless -- when will everyone figure out that he is just not good?

I don't like Kenyon Martin, but he is becoming a pretty good player. The Nets may be in decent shape even if Kidd leaves, especially if they could pick up Payton to replace him.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Jersey is killing Boston, but the tone of the game was set when the referees would not blow the whistle for the Celtics in the first half. After that they started settling for outside shots every trip down the floor. Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker were getting fouled on every other possession without getting the calls.

It reminds me a lot of Bowen's defense on Kobe Bryant. Martin and Bowen are playing pretty good defense, but if the referees weren't allowing a lot of contact, groping, manhandling, etc. these games would be different.

Of course it would also help if the Boston Celtics could get some of these open shots to drop in the basket.

Joe Mama

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Watching Eastern Conference teams is pretty bad considering the Suns would have a decent chance to sweep anyone of them except New Jersey but still those teams are in the 2nd round.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard