NEM Closet Cardinals Fan?

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hey Mike I heard you on the radio a couple days ago...almost made me wreck how positive you sounded about the Cardinals.

You went out and bought a Jeff Blake jersey didn't you!

SBXXXVIChamps

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by EndZone
Hey Mike I heard you on the radio a couple days ago...almost made me wreck how positive you sounded about the Cardinals.

You went out and bought a Jeff Blake jersey didn't you!

My new medications are having an adverse effect on my thinking.

OP
OP
EndZone

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Re: Re: NEM Closet Cardinals Fan?

Originally posted by NEM
My new medications are having an adverse effect on my thinking.

Keep taking them! So you said on the radio that you thought they would have a better record than most expected (I think) so what do you think 16-0? 15-1? 14-2 at the worst? :D

SBXXXVIChamps

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: NEM Closet Cardinals Fan?

Originally posted by EndZone
Keep taking them! So you said on the radio that you thought they would have a better record than most expected (I think) so what do you think 16-0? 15-1? 14-2 at the worst? :D

Did I say that? Are you sure it wasn't an imposter? I have many of those, you know. Everyone wants to be like the NEMster. :)

I thought I said that while they may not win many games, I think they will be a lot more competitive in a lot of games than many think....

I think too many of you are not giving enough credit to the teams on their schedule, though.

Everyone is saying that their schedule is easy, but remember, it is based on LAST YEAR"S standings, and many of those teams have improved a lot, including Seattle, the Rams, even Detroit and Cincinnati.....

I can't see them winning more than 5 games, but they will be competitive in many more....

I reserve judgement on their two first round draft picks which , I believe, were both taken way too early.

Bryant Johnson, for example... A PENN STATE WIDE RECEIVER????? Come on, they are a running team under Joe Paterno.....

And, Calvin Pace? A second rounder getting first round money.

And, I still believe they need to move Leonard Davis to left tackle to get the best out of him. I have been saying that since the day he was drafted.

BTW, what's the status of Jason McAddley? I havent heard much about him and I took him on my fantasy team (very late pick when no one else was left)

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go and dig out my "official" PHOENIX CARDINAL t-shirt out of the closet that I have had since 1988.

Contrary to popular belief, I have always rooted for the Cardinals,(after the Patriots, of course) until Jake Plummer was drafted, against my wishes.....and now that the cancer is gone.....well, I guess I am just getting soft in my old age.

OP
OP
EndZone

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If they can create some pass rush do you think those wins will go up?

I think right now McAddley is the #1, doing well in camp.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey NEM,

Can you go change your email address in your UserCP please? It's old and it keeps bouncing when you get a reply to a message.

Thanks,

Mike

SBXXXVIChamps

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
Hey NEM,

Can you go change your email address in your UserCP please? It's old and it keeps bouncing when you get a reply to a message.

Thanks,

Mike

I am old, too.

I will change it.

Mike, I just tried to change it but I got a message that said that the administrator has banned my email address. I will PM it to you.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay - NEM is here and the darksiders have turned somewhat neutral AND both are picks were in before August? What next - an opening day ROAD VICTORY? Good to see NEM on the board - but I'm curious why it happened - did I miss something?

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
Okay - NEM is here and the darksiders have turned somewhat neutral AND both are picks were in before August? What next - an opening day ROAD VICTORY? Good to see NEM on the board - but I'm curious why it happened - did I miss something?
If folks' can run around like wild animals on this board, well that should include everyone. Just some have very strict rules. :)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef

Mike is drugged up and he's doing alot of wierd things:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13633

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
AS I'm slwloy going drunk here, I'll do the best I can....the gum on the lower part of my front teeth has slippeed down for some reason. So they are cutting smoe sitture from the roof of my mouth, and then will graft it onto my front tooth so it'snot slipping anyhremo.....

Boy, that was about tha hardest thionign i've ever had to type ever, rorororororro

Byyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mikkeke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D

SBXXXVIChamps

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
What's up NEM!?
Glad to see ya!

When do you buy me my pepsi and dog?
Hey, stop into the VINE next Thursday, kickoff at 5PM, Pats vs. Giants. I will buy the Sam Adams.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: NEM Closet Cardinals Fan?

Originally posted by NEM
I reserve judgement on their two first round draft picks which , I believe, were both taken way too early.

And, Calvin Pace? A second rounder getting first round money.

And, I still believe they need to move Leonard Davis to left tackle to get the best out of him. I have been saying that since the day he was drafted.B]

Calvin Pace looks good! He is quick and strong and in the QB's face.

L.J. Shelton was a brick wall during Wednesday's practice! I'd leave him right where he is.

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: NEM Closet Cardinals Fan?

Originally posted by NEM
Bryant Johnson, for example... A PENN STATE WIDE RECEIVER????? Come on, they are a running team under Joe Paterno.....

NEM, When is the last time that you watched a Penn State football game???

Here are Bryant Johnson's stats for last season:

Johnson, Bryant 13-13 48 917 19.1 4 53 70.5

Not to shabby, and granted the second half of last year became "the Larry Johnson show"; otherwise Bryant Johnson's stats could have been much better.

Additionally, PSU's QB Zack Mills was the only sophomore to make the top 14 selections for the Davey O'Brien Award last year.

JoePa has loosened up a bit and will throw the ball, but then when you have a RB that averages over 7 ypc, why throw?

SBXXXVIChamps

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEM Closet Cardinals Fan?

Originally posted by CardLogic
NEM, When is the last time that you watched a Penn State football game???

Here are Bryant Johnson's stats for last season:

Johnson, Bryant 13-13 48 917 19.1 4 53 70.5

Not to shabby, and granted the second half of last year became "the Larry Johnson show"; otherwise Bryant Johnson's stats could have been much better.

Additionally, PSU's QB Zack Mills was the only sophomore to make the top 14 selections for the Davey O'Brien Award last year.

JoePa has loosened up a bit and will throw the ball, but then when you have a RB that averages over 7 ypc, why throw?

One just never really consider Penn State to be a passing team....can he do it against the best of the best on defense, though?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEM Closet Cardinals Fan?

Originally posted by NEM
One just never really consider Penn State to be a passing team....can he do it against the best of the best on defense, though?

He torched Philip Buchanon as a junior for 149 yards and a 44 yard TD. Not too shabby.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
The world is really changing

Cards got all their kids in camp

I closed a loan today

NEM is back on the board

The new JLo movie sux......check that

Man, I am going to buy a Powerball ticket

Welcome back NEMmie!

Staff online

Forum statistics