Need help, the website will not load

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am posting here hoping to get some help. I have, I think sent a request via email a week or so ago and haven't heard back from the website.

I can not get the pages to load, either on my phone (which I use 95% of the time) or the two computers I also use at home. When the pages do load (as it appears to now), it will take three or four minutes to load one page, then that much time to load the next page. (my son who is visiting from Florida is trying to load the website now as I type this). He is not getting anything. He has finally got a message that says, "cannot open the web page because the server has stopped responding". This is on his phone.

So, what has changed? The url? Is this the correct url "www.arizonasportsfans.com" w/o quote marks?
All other websites that i visit load quickly and properly.
My son just now came back into the room with his work phone (AT&T service). This time it loaded right up on that phone. So, is it the phone service (I use Verizon), or?
I will try to check on this site at least a couple of times daily for help, if I can get this far again?
You must be registered for see images attach
I attached an image of the error message I sometimes get. Thx.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arizonasportsfans.com is correct, I never have any issues so this is something admin will have to try to help with. Hopefully you get an answer soon. Are you able to PM shaggy or iceman?

i dont see forum twice in my address bar like you are showing

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am posting here hoping to get some help. I have, I think sent a request via email a week or so ago and haven't heard back from the website.

I can not get the pages to load, either on my phone (which I use 95% of the time) or the two computers I also use at home. When the pages do load (as it appears to now), it will take three or four minutes to load one page, then that much time to load the next page. (my son who is visiting from Florida is trying to load the website now as I type this). He is not getting anything. He has finally got a message that says, "cannot open the web page because the server has stopped responding". This is on his phone.

So, what has changed? The url? Is this the correct url "www.arizonasportsfans.com" w/o quote marks?
All other websites that i visit load quickly and properly.
My son just now came back into the room with his work phone (AT&T service). This time it loaded right up on that phone. So, is it the phone service (I use Verizon), or?
I will try to check on this site at least a couple of times daily for help, if I can get this far again?
I attached an image of the error message I sometimes get. Thx.

How do you get on the internet on your computer? Verizon? How about your phone, is it Verizon?

I have been hearing from some members that they can not get on the sites while on their data with verizon. What are you using?

OP
OP
G

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thx for the replies.

I do not know where that double forum came from. I did not type it.

Yes, I do use Verizon as does my family except for the one son. His personal phone is T-Mobile (which was real slow in loading like my Verizon phone). His second phone that worked perfectly is his work phone with AT&T as the service. His personal phone was using our Verizon hot spot at the time. His work phone was not.

Our computers at home use a Verizon hot spot on my wife's I phone. That is our Internet connection at home. So, maybe that might be the problem then.

Thx, for the help. Not sure if it is something between this server and Verizon, but it's starting to point that way, I think.

Thx .

OP
OP
G

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shaggy, since I have no problems connecting to other websites, do you think there is something about your new website (I don't recall having problems with the old site, although I used tapatalk then, I'm not using it now) that causes the problem, or is it Verizon?

I'm currently on vacation, so don't really have a way to check it out for another week or so. Then maybe I can check with our IT at work. I don't think he will be able to help with the phone, but might have some ideas about the computer.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Mark me down as a Verizon guy who can't view the site while on data. In the rare instances it does load, it takes about four minutes. Wifi connections it loads no problem.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark me down as a Verizon guy who can't view the site while on data. In the rare instances it does load, it takes about four minutes. Wifi connections it loads no problem.

Same here. It will load the main page right away but if I try to open an individual thread it won't open... Just sits there.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Glad I found this. I also have Verizon and when on my phone it takes a really long time.

OP
OP
G

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried to contact the provider of the website? I've sent a couple of emails to the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page and have not received any responses, yet.

Since both my phone and internet providers are Verizon, I sorely need it repaired, especially since football season is upon us. I need it to interact with others on game day. :>)

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
gimpy, I'll post this for you in the Tech thread since you have trouble loading the site. Maybe one of the savvy guys there can come up with an answer.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you get on the internet on your computer? Verizon? How about your phone, is it Verizon?

I have been hearing from some members that they can not get on the sites while on their data with verizon. What are you using?

Shaggy, just pinging you to see this is several people having the issue in this thread

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Found a fix but will take a day to do it. Verizon for some reason is throttling back the server. No N idea whyz but I have a fix and will put it into motion tonight and should be good by tomorrow.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shaggy. Hope the patch works

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Found a fix but will take a day to do it. Verizon for some reason is throttling back the server. No N idea whyz but I have a fix and will put it into motion tonight and should be good by tomorrow.

That's great. Can you fix the Dbacks bullpen why you are at it. They're not working ether.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That's great. Can you fix the Dbacks bullpen why you are at it. They're not working ether.

Yep, I can do that to. Get rid of Butcher, problem solved. ;)

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since it appeared on this page, I'll post it here... This random media might outta be removed... At least, the image tag..

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Give it a try now. Let me know if its working out.

OP
OP
G

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thx, Shaggy. I'm not sure exactly what you did, but this second try really has seemed to make a big difference. The first time, the changes that were made helped, but still had a lot of problems. So far (trying it the last 10-15 minutes) on three different browsers, this second change has done wonders. Thx.