Need a Wr…

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted Cedric Wilson or Chark. Both are gone.
There is one out there I think we should target.
Marquez Valdez Scantling.
The 49ers are after him.
He’s 6’4” and fast, has averaged over 17 yards a catch and has had td catches of over 70 yards in every year of his career except one. He’s 27 years old.
He’s had the benefit of being on the same field as Devonte Adams and would have the same here with Hopkins.

I can’t find a downside.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention his drops in the last two years….
Zero.
The Wr market is commanding some $$$. Look at Kirk, Chark 10M for one year. The Cardinals have not been listed among 6 mentioned as interested.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Id rather see them use the $$$ elsewhere. If the offense cant operate with Dhop, ertz, rondale then kyler prob not the guy…

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
WR market is kinda done IMO. Here is the list of what I would consider viable options in terms of fit but not really cost.

Allen Robinson (#2 WR though some would argue he has fallen off)
Will Fuller (#4 WR adds needed speed but can't be trusted to be more)
Jamison Crowder (#4 WR who could give Moore some opportunities to be used vertically)
Rashard Higgins (Never quite showed out in Cleveland but had some flashes)
Tre'Quan Smith (Bad QB last year but also meh a lot)
DaeSean Hamilton (got buried on the depth chart in Denver but I feel like he can play)

(most of these are #4/5 WRs and a couple have the possibility of being more)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Loads of time left yet. Lots of guys still available.

But I wouldn't expect some big multi year deal. I expect it's going to be 1-2 years and draft in the 3rd round.

With that in mind, I still think it's going to be AJ Green. Why burn a comp pick on a 1 year guy when you already have that guy? Only way not is if Green wants longer. I imagine he is testing the market and will take some days.

If not it's going to be Sammy Watkins, TY Hilton, DeSean Jackson, Keelan Cole, Emmanuel Sanders type players. No point being unrealistic.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MVS is trash. Washington and Watkins are also not what we need as neither is reliable.
Chopper, why do you call this guy trash? No drops, fast as hell, he’s a big target, averaged over 17 yards a catch and is a big play guy.
It’s a pipe dream anyway, I know, but at 27 years old he could be here for the next 4 years.
What’s not to like?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to overreact, but it seems to me that too often, AJ Green disappointed in clutch situations and cost us a couple of games, Want to ride that pony when we need a big play next season?

Apart from Green Bay can you name one other time?

I can think of several times he made clutch plays and the game day threads agreed.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apart from Green Bay can you name one other time?

I can think of several times he made clutch plays and the game day threads agreed.
Yeah outside of Green Bay there were several games were he actually made clutch catches in bailed Kyler out on third down and fourth down.