NBA Trade Deadline news and rumors 2019-20 season

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Suns got Oubre last season. That's worth a shoe.
Uh no. I’m pretty sure when we got oubre to add to jJ, warren and bridges the “other shoe” y’all were waiting for was they had to trade one of the sf’s for a pg. and most of you (unsure which of you) were sure that other shoe was going to drop.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Marbury to the Knicks trade was one of the all time salary heists, but sadly guys like Isiah Thomas and Billy King are no longer bumbling around NBA front offices.

Still waiting for Milos Vujanic to come over...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh no. I’m pretty sure when we got oubre to add to jJ, warren and bridges the “other shoe” y’all were waiting for was they had to trade one of the sf’s for a pg. and most of you (unsure which of you) were sure that other shoe was going to drop.

Of course the trade for a true point guard never came.

However, Oubre and to a lesser extent Tyler Johnson were significant trades. Still waiting to see the impact of Tyler Johnson... if the Suns can turn him into something more.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course the trade for a true point guard never came.

However, Oubre and to a lesser extent Tyler Johnson were significant trades. Still waiting to see the impact of Tyler Johnson... if the Suns can turn him into something more.

Even if he stays glued to the bench for the remainder of his deal he's a better option than Ryan Anderson or Brandon Knight.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I keep saying that many posters here vastly overrate expiring contracts, but no one ever listens.
It’s just that expiring contracts are valuable to the team that has them too. The Suns will like to get the cap relief that Tyler’s contract brings. Expirings are valuable in facilitating uneven trades—picks for players etc. His contract is handy if that type of opportunity comes up. For instance, if the Suns wanted Kevin Love, Tyler’s contract would be a key facilitating piece.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It’s just that expiring contracts are valuable to the team that has them too. The Suns will like to get the cap relief that Tyler’s contract brings. Expirings are valuable in facilitating uneven trades—picks for players etc. His contract is handy if that type of opportunity comes up. For instance, if the Suns wanted Kevin Love, Tyler’s contract would be a key facilitating piece.

This.

Yes, nobody is just looking for cap relief but having a TJ contract does make it easier to facilitate certain trades.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
This.

Yes, nobody is just looking for cap relief but having a TJ contract does make it easier to facilitate certain trades.

True, for negative-value players like Love. So an expiring contract can help you bring in a player no one else wants.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if he stays glued to the bench for the remainder of his deal he's a better option than Ryan Anderson or Brandon Knight.

This is for sure. At least Tyler Johnson can give the Suns some minutes if the need arises.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Frank Kaminsky out indefinitely the Suns need to be shopping for a 4/5.

Although Henry Ellenson is does not fit the job description of a defensive power forward/center he was waived by the Nets.

However, room would have to be made as the Suns have a full roster except for a two-way slot.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/ellenhe01.html

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drummond and Steven Adams are being shopped.

Adams would be an interesting addition here. I wonder what his trade value is.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Drummond and Steven Adams are being shopped.

Adams would be an interesting addition here. I wonder what his trade value is.

If the Thunder are looking for cap relief, Tyler Johnson and either Baynes or Saric would work...

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drummond could probably be had for a highly protected pick and expiring contracts.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Dragan Bender becomes available it's something to think about.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I cannot see Bender as an improvement over Kaminsky.

I'm not looking at it as an improvement so much as need.

The Suns could use a couple more big men whether that's by trade, creating a roster spot or even on a two-way contract. Suns needed at least one before Kaminsky's injury.

Bender is probably better than Ellenson although it's not saying a lot.