NBA Trade Deadline news and rumors 2019-20 season

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of rumors about teams interested in baynes, not sure what they could get for him though

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of rumors about teams interested in baynes, not sure what they could get for him though

Trading Baynes might be a really good move. I think he'd be able to bring back a good return, even though he'd be a rental for a contender. He's raised his value considerably this season. He was viewed as a quality defensive backup before coming here but he's shown he can also contribute 10-15 ppg while stretching the floor and drawing opposing bigs outside. He also doesn't really need plays ran for him to get him to contribute. Let him run a pick & pop game with someone out past the top of the key or let him hang around that area as a bail out option for a player driving the lane.

His salary is close enough to that of a player on a rookie contract that the Suns should be able to swap him with a contender for a young piece that fits our future plans more. It's just a matter of what else the Suns can do at the deadline and if they think the playoffs are realistic for themselves. If they can make a trade to upgrade the PF position considerably then they should keep Baynes for a playoff push but if the playoffs aren't looking likely and they can't upgrade the roster in other ways, get what they can for him.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
They wouldn't give him up in a trade for Anthony Davis but would gladly give him up for Scott Covington. Yeah, sure totally believable

Not for Robert Covington either...

Btw..a couple of Suns bench scrubs won’t get it done either. Covington is much better than that....

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmmm. Trading Baynes.

Not sure I see how that would work. In a Baynes trade you get a young player or a pick from a contender. But we don’t need more picks or young players. We need a starting caliber pf. No team is going to move a starting caliber PF unless they happen to have two or more. Baynes actually can give us a starting caliber pf by allowing Ayton to play pf while he covers the center position.

I don’t think trading Baynes makes sense for the Suns unless it is a three way trade.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Some rumors the Suns could be interested in Danilo Gallinari. If it includes a first round pick, no thanks especially for a possible rental.

Still think the Suns need a defensive 4/5.

https://clutchpoints.com/suns-rumor...trading-for-danilo-gallinari-than-kevin-love/

If there is any truth to this, it demonstrates that James Jones still has not learned his lesson. There is more to playing in the NBA than shooting, especially at the power forward position on this roster.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Some rumors the Suns could be interested in Danilo Gallinari. If it includes a first round pick, no thanks especially for a possible rental.

Still think the Suns need a defensive 4/5.

https://clutchpoints.com/suns-rumor...trading-for-danilo-gallinari-than-kevin-love/

You'd have to attach something of value to get him. Tyler Johnson only makes the trade work. If OKC wants Okobo, and/or, say, Lecque, maybe you entertain it. Attach a second round pick if possible. I think Gallinari would help this team exponentially.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You'd have to attach something of value to get him. Tyler Johnson only makes the trade work. If OKC wants Okobo, and/or, say, Lecque, maybe you entertain it. Attach a second round pick if possible. I think Gallinari would help this team exponentially.

Not in terms of rebounding, rim protection, toughness or athleticism, which is where they need the most help.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC has a boatload of future 1st and 2nd round picks from the PG13 and Westbrook trades but it doesn't appear they'll be receiving any for this upcoming draft. Since they're owed so many picks though I can't see them looking to add more. I could see them wanting to do a swap with us, which might be worth doing depending on our record at the deadline. That's a better option than trading our pick outright.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just mentioned on KTAR that OKC is asking for Ayton in a Gallinari trade. Hopefully James Jones at least has the intelligence to tell them to pound sand on that...

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Just mentioned on KTAR that OKC is asking for Ayton in a Gallinari trade. Hopefully James Jones at least has the intelligence to tell them to pound sand on that...
That would be one of their worst trades ever, but what's sad is the fact that the level of stupidity that would be involved in a trade like that wouldn't surprise me from the suns

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the rumor of Baynes for Ivica Zubac?

I would probably pull the trigger on that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC has a boatload of future 1st and 2nd round picks from the PG13 and Westbrook trades but it doesn't appear they'll be receiving any for this upcoming draft. Since they're owed so many picks though I can't see them looking to add more. I could see them wanting to do a swap with us, which might be worth doing depending on our record at the deadline. That's a better option than trading our pick outright.

because they already have a bunch of 1st round picks... they wouldn't want to add more? How does that make sense. It would give them more assets to play with to get back in return for Gallinari. Of course the Suns would want to do a swap, but I don't see why OKC would prefer that at all and there will definitely be suitors for Gallinari come deadline.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the rumor of Baynes for Ivica Zubac?

I would probably pull the trigger on that.

Well - it depends.

Statistically he looks pretty effective - but not nearly as effective as Baynes did at the beginning of the season. He can't shoot the 3 either - which could be a potentially big deal to Monty.

On the plus side he is young, and he is under contract for 3 more years after this at a reasonable rate of 7 million per.

If we think Baynes will leave in free agency - yes I would probably do the deal - but I don't think it would improve us much this season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So did anyone see booker randomly posted a picture today of himself with Galinari as a kid.

Seems kind of strange - maybe we are meant to read between the lines.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So did anyone see booker randomly posted a picture today of himself with Galinari as a kid.

Seems kind of strange - maybe we are meant to read between the lines.

It seems that we say that a lot about Booker's social media teases.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well - it depends.

Statistically he looks pretty effective - but not nearly as effective as Baynes did at the beginning of the season. He can't shoot the 3 either - which could be a potentially big deal to Monty.

On the plus side he is young, and he is under contract for 3 more years after this at a reasonable rate of 7 million per.

If we think Baynes will leave in free agency - yes I would probably do the deal - but I don't think it would improve us much this season.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Baynes won't be here next season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose