OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat looking to make a move.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Pat Riley clearly sees an opportunity to make a run with these Heat: Riley has been working to trade for Memphis' Andre Iguodala AND Oklahoma City's Danilo Gallinari, league sources tell ESPN. Talks are ongoing.

5:00 PM - 5 Feb 2020

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Memphis has agreed to a deal to send Andre Iguodala to Miami, league source tells ESPN. Iguodala agreed to trade and has agreed to a two-year, $30M extension with Miami.

5:25 PM - 5 Feb 2020

damn... that's a nice move by Miami to try and give them that extra little leg up. I'm stunned at how good that team is this year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn... that's a nice move by Miami to try and give them that extra little leg up. I'm stunned at how good that team is this year.

Indeed. Miami is surprising and looking to make another move.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We definitely need to trade Baynes and get something for him. This team's playoffs hopes are dashed.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We definitely need to trade Baynes and get something for him. This team's playoffs hopes are dashed.

Saric as well...if there are even any takers.

Unfortunately the time to trade Tyler Johnson was over last summer. There's another big expiring deal gone completely to waste. That's now two under James Jones...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Saric as well...if there are even any takers.

Unfortunately the time to trade Tyler Johnson was over last summer. There's another big expiring deal gone completely to waste. That's now two under James Jones...

Lol... Saric going to his 4th team in what two years?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns, particularly Booker and Oubre, were geared for more this season. I was hoping the Suns could do something short of a bad trade. They needed help but tonight it doesn't look like it is on the way. Tomorrow we will know for sure.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Jones was an idiot for trading for him, in my opinion.

It’s compounded by the fact we didn’t draft an impact player at 11. Otherwise I thought it was worth a shot in real time since he showed some ability in Philly.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It’s compounded by the fact we didn’t draft an impact player at 11. Otherwise I thought it was worth a shot in real time since he showed some ability in Philly.

But he regressed his last year in Philly and then fell apart in Minnesota. The red flags were there. I guess Jones is blind, or at least color blind, where those flags are concerned.

We need a competent GM ASAP.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The hot rumor out of LA is that Alex Caruso might be available for the right price.

Anyone think a package of Booker, Bridges, and two unprotected firsts might be enough to get the Lakers' interest?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
But he regressed his last year in Philly and then fell apart in Minnesota. The red flags were there. I guess Jones is blind, or at least color blind, where those flags are concerned.

We need a competent GM ASAP.
Damnit. Jones is not the decision maker.

Between a meddling owner and an assistant
who is really his boss, I guess Jones is hoping
that, down the road, another team will hire
him as an Assistant GM for being an obedient
soldier.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damnit. Jones is not the decision maker.

Between a meddling owner and an assistant
who is really his boss, I guess Jones is hoping
that, down the road, another team will hire
him as an Assistant GM for being an obedient
soldier.

Fair point, which brings me back to this:

We need a competent GM ASAP. Part of that competence is the ability to stand up to Sarver and convince him what is best for the team and franchise...

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Fair point, which brings me back to this:

We need a competent GM ASAP. Part of that competence is the ability to stand up to Sarver and convince him what is best for the team and franchise...
Problem is that Sarver will never hire that kind of GM because he doesn’t want anyone standing up to him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would not take two first rounders. I don't even think it would take one.

He is overpaid and everyone knows it, it drops his value.

I also don't think power forward is as big a need as a scorer is. Our bench minutes destroy us because they cannot score at all.

its by far this teams biggest problem, but certain guys get fixated on things like a rebounding power forward.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
its by far this teams biggest problem, but certain guys get fixated on things like a rebounding power forward.
No we need a PF that can score and play defense. We arguably have a PG, C, SG, and SF that are comparable to other teams starting five, arguably. I think we start by trying to match up our starting five with other teams starting fives. We always get bench guys. We have had bench guys arguably playing for us for a decade now. We haven't had a starting solid five. We were missing center forever, and even with not playing as hard as we want, we have Ayton who arguably fills that hole. It would be nice to match up against other teams starters for once in a decade or so.

I got no problem with getting a sixth man. But for our first round pick? And he's not the best sixth man we could trade for.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Problem is that Sarver will never hire that kind of GM because he doesn’t want anyone standing up to him.

Then if that is the case, I maintain that the city and we are better off if Sarver moves the team and we get a fresh franchise.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat still working to get Danilo Gallinari.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No we need a PF that can score and play defense. We arguably have a PG, C, SG, and SF that are comparable to other teams starting five, arguably. I think we start by trying to match up our starting five with other teams starting fives. We always get bench guys. We have had bench guys arguably playing for us for a decade now. We haven't had a starting solid five. We were missing center forever, and even with not playing as hard as we want, we have Ayton who arguably fills that hole. It would be nice to match up against other teams starters for once in a decade or so.

I got no problem with getting a sixth man. But for our first round pick? And he's not the best sixth man we could trade for.

Bingo. Why are there people here who can't get this very basic premise?

And to make matters worse, we don't have a legitimate back-up power forward, either, so that gaping hole is still there at that position, even if we acquire a scoring guard for the bench.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My man Iggy straight up finessed the Grizzlies. Lmao