NBA Trade Deadline news and rumors 2019-20 season

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Philly is a mess. They should’ve traded Simmons and kept Jimmy in hindsight.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd do Oubre and a 1st for Jrue. Apparently he doesn't want to play PG full time so running a small lineup with Rubio, Jrue, and Booker at PG, SG, SF wouldn't be that bad. Booker at SF would be different, I'm not sure if I'd say better or worse.

Just spitballing ideas to land Jrue. I'm not big on trading Oubre but I would do that sooner than I would Bridges and I doubt the Pelicans have interest in Rubio. They probably don't have much interest in Oubre either since they have Ingram, who is an All-Star this year. No way would I flip Ayton for Jrue.

I wonder if the Pelicans are looking to move Favors. He and Redick were brought in for a hopeful playoff push and that's not happening for them. I'd like to see Favors next to Ayton before ponying up the cash for him longterm so it would be rental but the cost of that rental would be worth inquiring about.

You would?

I wouldn't. I don't think I would trade Oubre straight up for him. I know Jrue might be the better player but Kelly is a lot younger and is the heart of this team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kennard’s defense is trash and that’s not hyperbole. His metrics are bad and that’s WITH Andre Drummond behind him who’s a better rim protector than Ayton.

Yeah his defensive numbers are bad - but they are better than Bookers.

Really I can live with that if his scoring ability is as good as it appears to be. I am really just worried about his knee, and if that is going to be an ongoing issue.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Philly is a mess. They should’ve traded Simmons and kept Jimmy in hindsight.

Yes, Simmons is a problem. His refusal or inability to get a jump shot makes him a bad fit on almost any team.

I have a feeling the trade market for him is not good.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You would?

I wouldn't. I don't think I would trade Oubre straight up for him. I know Jrue might be the better player but Kelly is a lot younger and is the heart of this team.

He's the heart of a team going in the wrong direction, and he has become quite selfish of late. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it turns out that once the losing started, Oubre settled into the mentality of focusing on individual numbers for his next contract, likely with a team other than the Suns, rather than buying into Monty's team concept. It also wouldn't surprise me if Oubre was one of the players Monty was calling out earlier for not executing his game plan. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't see Oubre here beyond the end of his current contract, if he even plays his current contract out here. If we can get a good player of value for Oubre, I say pull the trigger...

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's the heart of a team going in the wrong direction, and he has become quite selfish of late. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it turns out that once the losing started, Oubre settled into the mentality of focusing on individual numbers for his next contract, likely with a team other than the Suns, rather than buying into Monty's team concept. It also wouldn't surprise me if Oubre was one of the players Monty was calling earlier for not executing his game plan. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't see Oubre here beyond the end of his current contract, if he even plays his current contract out here. If we can get a good player of value for Oubre, I say pull the trigger...

He's not selfish, he is just is a crappy passer. Literally when he tries to make a good pass most of the time it is a turnover.

I am seeing the progress in his game this season over last, that I want to keep him around.

Not saying I wouldn't trade him for the right player - but it would have to be somebody young and good.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I am all for that deal. That would be my first choice of any talked about. But I am not sure Gordon is even available, and if he is I think it would cost more than a first rounder and garbage.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd do Oubre and a 1st for Jrue. Apparently he doesn't want to play PG full time so running a small lineup with Rubio, Jrue, and Booker at PG, SG, SF wouldn't be that bad. Booker at SF would be different, I'm not sure if I'd say better or worse.

Just spitballing ideas to land Jrue. I'm not big on trading Oubre but I would do that sooner than I would Bridges and I doubt the Pelicans have interest in Rubio. They probably don't have much interest in Oubre either since they have Ingram, who is an All-Star this year. No way would I flip Ayton for Jrue.

I wonder if the Pelicans are looking to move Favors. He and Redick were brought in for a hopeful playoff push and that's not happening for them. I'd like to see Favors next to Ayton before ponying up the cash for him longterm so it would be rental but the cost of that rental would be worth inquiring about.
I might consider this depending on what Jure's contract looks like.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am all for that deal. That would be my first choice of any talked about. But I am not sure Gordon is even available, and if he is I think it would cost more than a first rounder and garbage.

If that trade was available, it should have been done already.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Mildly surprised, but he’s the most valuable tradable asset we have

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd be disappointed if the Suns trade Oubre. He is the heart of the team.

If they do, they better get something really good in return.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Kennard is a very good player. If we have a chance to get him, we do need to try to do it. I would think lotto protection would be good enough. I sincerely doubt we would get a player as good as Kennard beyond the tenth pick in the draft--and we KNOW he can play.
Except for a chronic knee condition.

And another weak defender at the Shooting Guard position.

Is that player really going to take us to the next step?

I'd like to see some innovative thinking by the Suns.

Last edited:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I'd be disappointed if the Suns trade Oubre. He is the heart of the team.

If they do, they better get something really good in return.
I'm okay with shopping him if it results in bringing in a young starting PF, but I wish that report had stayed on the down low. I don't like that information getting out. Oubre wears his heart on his sleeve.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm okay with shopping him if it results in bringing in a young starting PF, but I wish that report had stayed on the down low. I don't like that information getting out. Oubre wears his heart on his sleeve.
Marc Stein himself has been trending downwards for quite some time, so I'm not sure how much validity there is to his tweet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agree. That information shouldn't get out if true. The Suns probably take calls on every player but Ayton and Booker but I don't consider that shopping a player.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except for a chronic knee condition.

And another weak defender at the Shooting Guard position.

Is that player really going to take us to the next step.

I'd like to see some innovative thinking by the Suns.
This team is almost unstoppable when hitting the three. Kennard fills that bill. Yes, he seems to have some defensive liabilities, no complete player is available.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Again, if they get a good player of value for him, particularly at power forward, they need to consider it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This team is almost unstoppable when hitting the three. Kennard fills that bill. Yes, he seems to have some defensive liabilities, no complete player is available.

But surely the Suns could do better than a slow, unathletic, undersized wing with chronically bad knees, who has been out for a month and a half and counting due to those bad knees, who can't do anything except shoot the 3 and whose defense is awful...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Marc Stein himself has been trending downwards for quite some time, so I'm not sure how much validity there is to his tweet.

I mean he’s not reporting a trade nor that the Suns are shopping him. I’m not sure what he reported is really news.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I mean he’s not reporting a trade nor that the Suns are shopping him. I’m not sure what he reported is really news.
Of course it's not really news. I'm just saying consider the source.

It's not like this is coming from Shams or Woj. Or even Ashley Nevel.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course it's not really news. I'm just saying consider the source.
If you want to shop a player without actually calling teams to shop him, you might tell some hack reporter that you are getting lot of calls on that player, hoping to drum up a little interest.