NBA preseason in Europe live on the web

Nash

Reaction score
Catch the live webcast of Spurs vs Adecco now (3 pm Central Time) at
http://www.nba.com/europelive/

The Spurs are kicking the crap out of Adecco. 62-39 with 2 mins to go in the first half. Parker has 24 points already.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Does this mean that the Suns game will be available as well?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My internet connection is back in the dark ages and NBA TV is apparently not showing the game as a free promo during the offseason. The DirecTV screen keeps telling me to call extension 721 or such. I guess I'm stuck so I won't be able to see the game tomorrow.

Any ideas? I actually see all the Suns games during the season both home and away without NBA League Pass because I live far outside the Phoenix area.

I'm just desperate, as I need my Suns' fix. :billthecat:

AZZenny

Reaction score
NBA TV Broadband on NBA.com will have an exclusive live webcast of the San Antonio Spurs vs. Adecco ASVEL Lyon game at 3 p.m. ET on Thursday, October 5. That game will be re-aired later in the day on NBA TV.

ESPN2 will air two games live from Europe. On Tuesday, Oct. 10, the 76ers will meet the Suns in Cologne at 3 p.m. ET (re-air at 8:30 p.m. ET). ESPN2 then will televise the winner of the CSKA Moscow vs. Maccabi Tel Aviv game against the winner of Tuesday’s Sixers vs. Suns game on Wednesday, Oct. 11 at 3 p.m. ET.

NBA Europe Live presented by EA SPORTS™ broadcast schedule

Date Time Place Game Where to Watch
Thursday, Oct. 5 3 p.m. ET Barcelona Philadelphia 76ers vs. FC Barcelona NBA TV
Thursday, Oct. 5 3 p.m. ET Lyon San Antonio Spurs vs. Adecco ASVEL Lyon NBA TV Broadband
Thursday, Oct. 5 9 p.m. ET Lyon San Antonio Spurs vs. Adecco ASVEL Lyon NBA TV (tape delayed)
Friday, Oct. 6 12 p.m. ET Moscow L.A. Clippers vs. BC Khimki NBA TV
Friday, Oct. 6 3 p.m. ET Rome Phoenix Suns vs. Roma NBA TV
Saturday, Oct. 7 8 a.m. ET Moscow L.A. Clippers vs. CSKA Moscow NBA TV
Sunday, Oct. 8 10 a.m. ET Paris San Antonio Spurs vs. Maccabi Tel Aviv NBA TV
Tuesday, Oct. 10 12 p.m. ET Cologne CSKA Moscow vs. Maccabi Tel Aviv NBA TV
Tuesday, Oct. 10 3 p.m. ET Cologne Philadelphia 76ers vs. Phoenix Suns ESPN2
Wednesday, Oct. 11 12 p.m. ET Cologne CSKA/Maccabi loser vs. Sixers/Suns loser NBA TV
Wednesday, Oct. 11 3 p.m. ET Cologne CSKA/Maccabi winner vs. Sixers/Suns winner ESPN2

OK -- is NBA TV something you have to subscribe to?

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
It is something I get with my digital cable service here on the east side. I think if whever you get your tv from doesn't normally have it as a package you are screwed.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
Cox has NBA TV with their sports package. its like 168 or something.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is something I get with my digital cable service here on the east side. I think if whever you get your tv from doesn't normally have it as a package you are screwed.

I appreciate all the input. As I do not have cable service or NBA League Pass, I guess I am "screwed."

However, it is nice that so many on this board want to help each other. I will rely on everyone who see the game for their opinions. Thanks again. :thumbup:

OP
OP
Nash

Nash

Reaction score
The 76ers lost to Winterthur FC! What a crying shame!
99-104 PHI-BAR

OP
OP
Nash

Nash

Reaction score
guys, there is streaming audio of the game on nba.com.
Click "phx-rom" on the top of the page and choose "listen live".

Score : 78-62 Suns.

98-85 Suns, 2-3 mins left in the game

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear the postgame with David Griffin? My computer feed was buffering. Just curious if he said anything interesting.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
damnit I missed it. Although, that site is freaking awesome! Thanks Ollie. :)

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
The Suns game was really entertaining. Utah is going to be upset they didn't give David Hawkins (Temple) a chance to play during the summer. If he continues to play as well as he did against the Suns, he's gonna get picked up by some NBA team. If we had room for another guard, I'd like to see him in a Sun's uni.

For the first game, the Sun's looked better & faster than I expected. I was even impressed with the guys who will be on the bench most of the season. Marks knows what to do with the ball when he gets it - DUNK. Iwould give him more time than Burke for sure.

Marion looked like the OLD Marion before he was injured way back when he attacked the rim. Nash looks better with short hair. Banks is a soild addition to the team.

AZZenny

Reaction score
CSKA Moscow 94, Clippers 75
Clippers Fall to CSKA Moscow

MOSCOW, Oct. 7 -- A day after kicking off their preseason slate with a victory, the Clippers fell to CSKA Moscow, 94-75 as part of NBA Europe Live. The Clippers trailed by only one after the first quarter, but were down by 13 at the half and 16 entering the final period.
Chris Kaman led the way for the Clippers with 15 points after posting 17 in Friday's 98-91 victory over BC Khimki. Former NBA player Trajan Langdon led CSKA with 17 points.

Sam Cassell and Tim Thomas made their first appearances of the preseason for the Clippers, who are headed back to the United States and resume their preseason schedule October 17 at Phoenix.

Errntknght

Reaction score
the game write up from NBA.com....

ROME, Oct. 6 -- Whether in the Valley of the Sun or the Eternal City, the Phoenix Suns still looked the same. There was plenty of running and gunning and no sign of Amare Stoudemire.

Still without their injured star center, the Suns jumped to an early lead and toyed with host Lottomatica Roma in a 100-93 preseason victory.

Shawn Marion scored 19 points and Leandro Barbosa and Raja Bell added 18 apiece for the Suns, who continue their segment of NBA Europe Live with a trip to Germany, where they will play the Philadelphia 76ers and a European team.

Steve Nash and the Suns looked good in their preseason opener.

It is starting to look like Stoudemire will not be playing in those games. After missing most of last season due to microfracture surgery on his left knee, he made this trip but suffered a setback this week.

On Monday, Stoudemire left practice early with stiffness in his right knee. He was able to practice the next two days but again left practice Thursday with pain in both knees.

"The problem is we need him to practice every day and he just can't do that yet," said Suns coach Mike D'Antoni, who flashed his fluency in Italian when he met the media after the game. "I'm not going to play him until he shows a certain level."

The Suns did not need Stoudemire against Roma. Marion scored nine points in the first quarter as Phoenix bolted to a 27-17 lead.

With two-time defending MVP Steve Nash at the controls, the Suns extended the margin to 54-43 at halftime and 84-70 entering the final period. Nash had nine assists.

James Jones added 10 points for Phoenix, which made 11-of-31 3-pointers and 25-of-29 free throws.

David Hawkins scored 22 points and Dejan Bodiroga added 17 for Roma, which made just 5-of-17 from the arc and 18-of-29 from the line.

Hawkins played briefly for the Houston Rockets in the 2004-05 season. Bodiroga has been called the "Larry Bird of Europe" and was a member of the Yugoslavian team that won the 2002 World Championships.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Watched the game on NBA TV so I will writeup what I can remember (im not the best at this stuff):

- KT is kicking ass, his knicks jumpshot is back and he is in better shape than last year. Both during this game and during the scrimmages I caught him getting up the floor after the opponents score for an easy basket. This is KT were talking about using his conditioning to outrun the other guys up the floor after a score for an easy suns 3 second counter-score which has usually been marions trick. When KT is out there and he goes up for a rebound, you know he is getting that rebound and nobody even tries to really contest against him or steal the ball from him because he has that ball in deadlock and they aren't getting it away from him. When KT goes out I find myself cringing after every attempt at a rebound because it is up for grabs and dangerous when other guys on our team try to secure it. KT is more then needed out there.

-Marion is beyond great and keeping to his typical game out there.

- I dunno if it is the new ball, and/or the different 3 point line, and/or he just has to get back into the flow but bell is struggling early on with 3 pointers but don't worry because otherwise he is definately Raja bell out there. Annoying his defenders and making them pickup stupid fouls like he did to kobe and his 3 point shooting picks up later on just like in the scrimmage.

- Marcus Banks is a good player but still has some learning and working on his game to do, namely made a few stupid fouls during the game. Otherwise his shooting is crisp. He is a very good but not tenacious defender as you hear from people so don't expect that. He drives to the hoop every now and then even against larger foes, pulls some fancy moves and once he gets better at finishing he could be very flashy and dangerous around the hoop like barbosa. It is hard to put anything in concrete about this guy right now, we will have to watch some games during the season and most likely watch him progress.

- Barbosa is earning his contract easily. Lethal 3 point shooting, super fast and ballhandling. Roma restorted to tripping him up about 5 times to try and get away with fouling him when he was running up the floor or blazing past his guy. Didn't work and the refs called them everytime. He had a Devin Harris like move attack the basket and spin seemingly out of control then lobbed the ball up and swoop the ball went in. He even had 2 freakin monstrous blocks on the man he was defending! DENIED!! He really is a great player right now. I think he could pull of 6th man next year.

-Pike might have looked good in the scrimmages, but when it came to gametime he put up some horrible bricks. As in missing the hoop completley or arcing far to the side.

-On the other hand Sean Marks was impressive. He knows how to attack the basket and he will do it. He is not a Burke like stonehands and he won't catch the ball and put up ridiculous jumpshots. He works to get under the hoop, WILL catch the ball, and WILL dunk it even in somebodys face like he did during the game. If somebody gets injured, Sean Marks won't be a liability. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 5-10 minutes every game in fact.

- Burke shot a 3, typical ridiculousness.

-Amare didn't play, and that to me is not acceptable.

- Boris Diaw has been kind of a ghost out there on the court. I dunno if it is the contract negotiations or he is just being lazy during these early parts, because we know it takes quite a bit to get Boris Fired up. He had good rebounds and usual decent amount of assists but he is not really trying to do much on offense.

- I dunno if Jumaine Jones will be a Tim Thomas replacement, his 3 point shooting was good don't get me wrong but Tim seemed to be able to do almost everything while Jumaine is your typical player.

-D'antoni was not lying about James Jones, he is over his injurys and has returned to his previous form. He came right in and bam hit a 3. Gets very good rebounds and defends very good. James Jones is back. Him, barbosa, and Banks coming off the bench will mean no more weak suns when the starters rest.

- Steve Nash was Steve Nash and that's a great thing, even better was he got a lot of rest and yet the suns easily held the lead and don't think this won't translate over to the regular season, Roma was a tough opponent they are very adept at double teaming and had a good zone defense, while knocking down a good amount of 3's. If Moscow can hand the clippers their ass, then the suns controlling the whole game against what I believe was the 3rd-4th best team at the fiba is a statement about this season.

This was basically the first real game for the suns and they controlled EVERY QUARTER (that is the kicker as we all know from last season) against a very dangerous and in much better playing form after a short break after FIBA roma team, on their turf, playing their type of international ball which has been the death lately of the USA national team, the sixers, and the clippers.

Once the Suns get back into 100% playing form and, hopefully, Boris decides to start playing full force again this team will be dangerous.

Last edited:

Errntknght

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the write up Captain... its a heckuva lot better than any other writeup I've seen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard