NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think people over value Holiday because he was much better than Payton, who he supplanted in the rotation.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Holiday played well here. It was a small sample size and may not have held up over a larger one, but he looked good in his minutes here. Monty definitely didn't take sufficient advantage of him. It may not have changed the outcome of the Suns season, but I guess we'll never know how much of a difference more playing time would have made.
Monte has a 7 maybe 8 man rotation and it kills him that its not 5. He needs to stop that asap

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sans a trade, Schroeder is our best option.
He is the best available free agent point guard out there.

Uhhgg, I'm tellin you guys, he is a toxic, ball hog. He will be in China in a few years.

I ain't always right, but when I am reeeeeeeeeeeeeally outspoken against specific players, I am batting 1,000. We should want nothing to do with Shroeder.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhhgg, I'm tellin you guys, he is a toxic, ball hog. He will be in China in a few years.

I ain't always right, but when I am reeeeeeeeeeeeeally outspoken against specific players, I am batting 1,000. We should want nothing to do with Shroeder.

There are not a lot of point guards out there to get excited about unless the Suns acquire one in a trade.

D.J. Augustin doesn't have a lot left in the tank.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
He is the best available free agent point guard out there.
And Schroeder is probably one of the best available free agent point guards left for the Suns yet the Suns will most likely will drag their feet and lose out even on Schroeder. You got to be tough to be a Suns follower!!

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Except for one season playing with Chris Paul in OKC and a couple months in LA, I'd agree with you. But if CP3 believes we can get the OKC Shroeder rather than the Celtics Shredder???

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monte has a 7 maybe 8 man rotation and it kills him that its not 5. He needs to stop that asap
I never felt like the problem was too short a rotation but rather the players who were or weren't part of it. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how Aaron Holiday was sitting on the bench while other guards he was better than on both sides of the floor were getting minutes. Call that said. I'm counting on a rebound season from CP 15.

Am I the only one who could never figure out why I Wainwright was ever seeing the floor?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never felt like the problem was too short a rotation but rather the players who were or weren't part of it. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how Aaron Holiday was sitting on the bench while other guards he was better than on both sides of the floor were getting minutes. Call that said. I'm counting on a rebound season from CP 15.

Am I the only one who could never figure out why I Wainwright was ever seeing the floor?

It didn't make sense why Wainwright was seeing minutes. I know Torrey Craig wasn't as good as he was last season but perhaps if he was given Ish's minutes then he might have found his groove. Wainwright's best wasn't really different from Craig's so-so performance.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have Bryn Forbes, D.J. Augustine, or Campazzo from Denver than Schroeder.

Campazzo wouldn't be awful. He played well against us in the playoffs last year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eric Paschall is another player I'd like to see brought in at PF. I really liked him with the Warriors. He was dealt to Utah last year and now he's a free agent. He's only 25..

The free agent list on ESPN Insider seems up to date and lists him and the PG's I listed above as available.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bryn Forbes signed a 1 year deal with the Timberwolves.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are not a lot of point guards out there to get excited about unless the Suns acquire one in a trade.

D.J. Augustin doesn't have a lot left in the tank.

I'd take someone out of the G-League, I'd sign some college kid... basically anyone who isn't a toxic, ball hog loser.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eric Paschall is another player I'd like to see brought in at PF. I really liked him with the Warriors. He was dealt to Utah last year and now he's a free agent. He's only 25..

The free agent list on ESPN Insider seems up to date and lists him and the PG's I listed above as available.

yeah, i've always liked that kid's game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take someone out of the G-League, I'd sign some college kid... basically anyone who isn't a toxic, ball hog loser.

Monty has to be willing to play whoever the Suns add. He didn't seem comfortable giving Aaron Holiday more minutes.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty has to be willing to play whoever the Suns add. He didn't seem comfortable giving Aaron Holiday more minutes.

I wouldn't be comfortable with Schroeder on the roster, much less the court.

I think Monty was being overly loyal to Paul and Payne, rather than not trusting Holiday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be comfortable with Schroeder on the roster, much less the court.

I think Monty was being overly loyal to Paul and Payne, rather than not trusting Holiday.

If "loyal" is the word for it, I'm not sure who Monty will trust.

He seemed willing to play Shamet but he could be traded. Also Shamet is not really a point guard.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It didn't make sense why Wainwright was seeing minutes. I know Torrey Craig wasn't as good as he was last season but perhaps if he was given Ish's minutes then he might have found his groove. Wainwright's best wasn't really different from Craig's so-so performance.
Outside of a couple games, ALL of Torrey Craig was "so-so". He was actually worse than that in the playoffs.

Ish came to work every day, never complained, was a big glue guy -- he earned a few minutes here and there, it wasn't like he was playing 35 minutes a night.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If "loyal" is the word for it, I'm not sure who Monty will trust.

He seemed willing to play Shamet but he could be traded. Also Shamet is not really a point guard.

I don't know how to drive the point home harder...

If CP3 was injured, if a meteor struck Cam Payne... I still would not want Dennis Schoeder anywhere near this team.

If things got so terrible that we decided to tank then... fine, whatever, take that toxic loser on board, like the Rockets did last year. If I care about winning games... then he is not even remotely in the profile of players I have an interest in.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If CP3 was injured, if a meteor struck Cam Payne... I still would not want Dennis Schoeder anywhere near this team.

If things got so terrible that we decided to tank then... fine, whatever, take that toxic loser on board, like the Rockets did last year. If I care about winning games... then he is not even remotely in the profile of players I have an interest in.

I'm not the one who keeps mentioning this particular point guard. You have made your feelings known over and over again.

I'd like to explore any and all options.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We get it

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man.. Is Dennis Schoeder that bad? That toxic?

You guys don’t think we have the locker room to keep him in check?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wonder if the Suns would take any player that has an edge to him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He has been at times in the past. The thinking was that he'd move past that after playing with CP for a year in OKC but there's evidence suggesting he's still selfish. I really don't know, but I'd trust CP's opinion if he were pushing either for or against Dennis.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose