NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Always worth checking out. The Suns should be looking for the next Cam Payne.
He wasn't terrible for the Blazers last preseason. But again he is not really a distributor which is really what the suns would be looking for.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn't terrible for the Blazers last preseason. But again he is not really a distributor which is really what the suns would be looking for.

Only saying the Suns should be kicking the tires on guard depth beyond their free agent signings.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope the Suns are one of the teams giving Dennis Smith Jr. a look.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was really high on him it just seemed to go left real quick with this kid and I have no idea why

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was really high on him it just seemed to go left real quick with this kid and I have no idea why

He got a lot of burn on the Mavs, and guess who snagged him up? The knicks iirc.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jazz are blowing it up. Everyone is reportedly available.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Jazz are blowing it up. Everyone is reportedly available.

You must be registered for see images

-
Simmons & Ayton to Utah. Mitchell & Bridges to Brooklyn. Disperse the picks amongst yourselves.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

-
Simmons & Ayton to Utah. Mitchell & Bridges to Brooklyn. Disperse the picks amongst yourselves.

I don't think the Suns are putting Bridges in any deal.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s fine if they don’t want KD.
IMO his contract is upside down, what team in their right mind gives a 34 year old 194 million dollars to see if the after-effects of an achilles rupture have no impact on him. If I were Brooklyn I'd be doing everything I could to trade him just to mitigate the cost of my stupidity. It's already cost them a quality Head Coach not to mention putting them in bed with a quality head case.

Durant still has some game left, it's highly questionable whether it's enough to offset that contract though. Let the wealthy LA or Miami type of franchises that can swallow those kind of risks go after him. But right now, if they waived Durant, I'd be against signing him just for the 4 year deal that BKN already gave him. To throw in Bridges and other assets on top of that would make us even dumber than the Nets were.

If we made that deal we'd be in need of the kind of player adds that the Lakers struggled to find yet we'd be in far worse shape than them because we don't have their pocketbook, their history or their reputation around the league. We'd ruin our future and still not win it all unless all of a sudden Sarver gets replaced by someone from the multi-billionaire club. I hate that "stay in your lane" line but it applies here, a Durant deal is out of our league.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s fine if they don’t want KD.

If Durant makes it ugly, which I suspect he will, the Nets asking price will meet reality.

I think Cam Johnson + salary filler + several 1st round picks is more than fair for a 34 year old, owed 200 mil with lots of injury concerns.

Most importantly, I don't think anyone who KD would be willing to play for can beat that offer.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
IMO his contract is upside down, what team in their right mind gives a 34 year old 194 million dollars to see if the after-effects of an achilles rupture have no impact on him. If I were Brooklyn I'd be doing everything I could to trade him just to mitigate the cost of my stupidity. It's already cost them a quality Head Coach not to mention putting them in bed with a quality head case.

Durant still has some game left, it's highly questionable whether it's enough to offset that contract though. Let the wealthy LA or Miami type of franchises that can swallow those kind of risks go after him. But right now, if they waived Durant, I'd be against signing him just for the 4 year deal that BKN already gave him. To throw in Bridges and other assets on top of that would make us even dumber than the Nets were.

If we made that deal we'd be in need of the kind of player adds that the Lakers struggled to find yet we'd be in far worse shape than them because we don't have their pocketbook, their history or their reputation around the league. We'd ruin our future and still not win it all unless all of a sudden Sarver gets replaced by someone from the multi-billionaire club. I hate that "stay in your lane" line but it applies here, a Durant deal is out of our league.
What you’re potentially describing is the Suns from 2015-2020 and we made it out. Bottom line is the Suns’ title window lasts as long as CP3 can play at an all-NBA level which is 2 years most likely. The current Suns “core” has had two shots at it and they weren’t good enough. It’s a results league.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jazz are like, now let's see what we can get for Donovan Mitchell.

You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What you’re potentially describing is the Suns from 2015-2020 and we made it out. Bottom line is the Suns’ title window lasts as long as CP3 can play at an all-NBA level which is 2 years most likely. The current Suns “core” has had two shots at it and they weren’t good enough. It’s a results league.
If we don't give away our assets, we can open another window a year or two down the road. And no, it's not the same thing as 15-20. We still had assets to work with, assets which led to Ayton, Bridges and CamJ.

And I disagree that we should disband a 64 win squad and just bet it all on a long shot because we didn't win our first two tries. Not to mention, we're probably looking at a full rebuild in two or three years as Paul and Durant age out and Booker's left playing with scrubs again. Sure, if we win a championship the decade or so of hell that will follow will be worth it to some fans. But I doubt it's good for the well being of the franchise.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the current Suns flunked drafting and player development, fans are pretty much along for the ride.

I think they should have tweaked the roster and run it back but this does not appear the path they have chosen if they trade Ayton.

If the Suns get lucky, maybe they have a 4 year window if they get Durant and then they do a complete rebuild.

Afterwards, it won't be pretty but maybe another shot at a championship makes it worthwhile.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we don't give away our assets, we can open another window a year or two down the road. And no, it's not the same thing as 15-20. We still had assets to work with, assets which led to Ayton, Bridges and CamJ.

And I disagree that we should disband a 64 win squad and just bet it all on a long shot because we didn't win our first two tries. Not to mention, we're probably looking at a full rebuild in two or three years as Paul and Durant age out and Booker's left playing with scrubs again. Sure, if we win a championship the decade or so of hell that will follow will be worth it to some fans. But I doubt it's good for the well being of the franchise.
Keep it all together, work on finding an heir for Paul. Not sure about Ayton.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
KD is just not worth that. 34, Achilles, huge contract. Lots of risk there. I only see two bidders. Suns and Miami.
It’s hard to know durability, but he can sure get a bucket in his sleep. During offensive lapses, it would be nice to have an offensive player like him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s hard to know durability, but he can sure get a bucket in his sleep. During offensive lapses, it would be nice to have an offensive player like him.
You can gauge probabilities for durability and the odds are stacked against KD, just like they have been against Paul. I was against trading for Paul because of age and durability. Regarding the regular season I was wrong. However he has not yet made it through a playoff run healthy.

I was wrong, we should have made the trade for Paul in retrospect. I was not completely wrong about the health issue.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I do think it's funny we made fun of how OLD the Lakers were last year, and we are chasing a guy who will make us much older as a team! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA