NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ish could be a monster soon. He's a big solid dude. If he can find his role and improve a bit he might play decent mins for us now that Monte knows him better.
He's been tearing it up at FIFA or FILA or FIDO wtf it is.

I think CP3 could control SchrODER but why risk it. He's good for about 5 assists in 30 min, not my kind of PG.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to the interview it sounds like Donovan Mitchell is available if the right trade is there.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to the interview it sounds like Donovan Mitchell is available if the right trade is there.

Sounded like they have no intention of trading him unless someone blows their socks off with a deal they can’t refuse. Sounded like they are not seeking one but will listen.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
?

You think the Gobert deal was good for them? IMO that was one of the biggest ripoffs ever.
Doesn’t matter what I think. What matters is what Minnesota thinks. The picks are rough to give up but the players were average at best.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter what I think. What matters is what Minnesota thinks. The picks are rough to give up but the players were average at best.

Well, that is exactly it, the players were salary fodder, the picks were the cost and that was a huge cost.

I think Minnesota made a huge mistake, I bet in a couple years they will agree.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, that is exactly it, the players were salary fodder, the picks were the cost and that was a huge cost.

I think Minnesota made a huge mistake, I bet in a couple years they will agree.

It won't even take a few years. I wouldn't be surprised to see them shopping Gobert within the next year. I can't see Towns and Gobert working together. Since KAT signed his extension, they can't deal him for 2 years because he's got 6 years under contract left right now. So their only way to fix things will be trading Gobert for pennies on the dollar.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the Wolves will let Karl-Anthony Towns shoot a lot of three pointers to spread the court because there will not be any room in the lane.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won't even take a few years. I wouldn't be surprised to see them shopping Gobert within the next year. I can't see Towns and Gobert working together. Since KAT signed his extension, they can't deal him for 2 years because he's got 6 years under contract left right now. So their only way to fix things will be trading Gobert for pennies on the dollar.
Man I don't know. On paper that looks like a potentially scary team. Allowing KT to be the floater he wants to be puts a lot of weapons on the perimeter and one excellent defender in the key. Seems perfect for today's game but we'll see.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess the Wolves will let Karl-Anthony Towns shoot a lot of three pointers to spread the court because there will not be any room in the lane.

They're going to need him to, because teams that can move the ball and shoot outside are going to torch the Wolves.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're going to need him to, because teams that can move the ball and shoot outside are going to torch the Wolves.
Maybe it won't work but when you have Towns and Russell on the perimeter, I can't think of a better player to backstop them than Gobert. So I think they were either looking at completely retooling their roster or gambling that one stellar defender can make up for weakness elsewhere. If Edwards takes that next step, they could be real tough.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KAT is a very good 3-point shooter and a good all around offensive player. Maybe the Wolves play him like a power forward.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Wolves had tried playing Towns with a Center in the past when they had Gorgui Dieng. He certainly isn't Gobert but they struggled then as well and the league has only become more perimeter oriented on the offensive side.

I'll be shocked if the Wolves win more than 41 games and I think they're more likely to win if either KAT or Gobert goes down for a significant amount of time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wolves had tried playing Towns with a Center in the past when they had Gorgui Dieng. He certainly isn't Gobert but they struggled then as well and the league has only become more perimeter oriented on the offensive side.

I'll be shocked if the Wolves win more than 41 games and I think they're more likely to win if either KAT or Gobert goes down for a significant amount of time.
I hope you're right, we don't need another young team on the rise in the West.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe it won't work but when you have Towns and Russell on the perimeter, I can't think of a better player to backstop them than Gobert. So I think they were either looking at completely retooling their roster or gambling that one stellar defender can make up for weakness elsewhere. If Edwards takes that next step, they could be real tough.
KAT is a very good 3-point shooter and a good all around offensive player. Maybe the Wolves play him like a power forward.

I absolutely think they'll play him like a power forward... and I think it takes away a lot of his strengths and will do very little to hide him as a defender. He will no longer be matched up against bigs who he can drag to the outside, clearing out the middle and slow at challenging his shot. Instead the middle will be clogged by Gobert and his defender and Towns will be trying to get his shot off against long, fast, wing players. He will still be a good shooter, no question, but I think it limits them a lot on offense.

On defense... neither Gobert or Towns are good at covering outside. Teams with good ball movement than can spread the court are going to shred the Wolves.

I think they're a 45-50 win team and a dream match up for any decent playoff squad.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You double KAT and watch Rudy fail
Minnesota is maybe good for 3-5 more wins at best

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I absolutely think they'll play him like a power forward... and I think it takes away a lot of his strengths and will do very little to hide him as a defender. He will no longer be matched up against bigs who he can drag to the outside, clearing out the middle and slow at challenging his shot. Instead the middle will be clogged by Gobert and his defender and Towns will be trying to get his shot off against long, fast, wing players. He will still be a good shooter, no question, but I think it limits them a lot on offense.

On defense... neither Gobert or Towns are good at covering outside. Teams with good ball movement than can spread the court are going to shred the Wolves.

I think they're a 45-50 win team and a dream match up for any decent playoff squad.
Teams still need to hit that outside shot. I sure can see a cool shooting night from the Suns turning into a ugly game. I'm looking at the Suns with Ayton not Durant

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Suns are one of the teams giving Dennis Smith Jr. a look.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson