NBA Draft: Thursday, June 22, 2023; Suns are scheduled to select at #52.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I looked at a list of no. 52 picks for the past 15 years. Not a lot of 'hits' at the spot, which isn't surprising. Kenyon Martin Jr. (2021; Kings) was probably the best (or at least recognizable ;)) selection that I saw.
If we could find a Kenyon Martin jr it would be a hit.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would so like to get excited about the NBA Draft again. For me, it's always been one of the more fun things.

I'm hoping the Suns commit to using the draft to find prospects, including undrafted free agents.

Btw, Goran Dragic was drafted #45 (by the Spurs for the Suns) and Jeff Hornacek was drafted at #46.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would so like to get excited about the NBA Draft again. For me, it's always been one of the more fun things.

I'm hoping the Suns commit to using the draft to find prospects, including undrafted free agents.

Btw, Goran Dragic was drafted #45 (by the Spurs for the Suns) and Jeff Hornacek was drafted at #46.

Ill be paying some attention to picks #3, #5, and #10 since the Suns have been linked to all 3 of those in various deals.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill be paying some attention to picks #3, #5, and #10 since the Suns have been linked to all 3 of those in various deals.

If I thought the Suns could latch onto one of these picks I would study the draft more.

The last draft I studied was the 2021 draft when the Suns traded the 29th pick and Jevon Carter for Landry Shamet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA Draft is upcoming on June 22nd.

I haven't heard much new on the draft concerning the Suns, except they might have interest in Eastern Michigan wing, Emoni Bates or Washington State C Mouhamed Gueye.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per The Athletic, the Suns are one of the teams interested in moving up in the draft. Just how, I don't know.

By Adam Wells, Bleacher Report:

Per The Athletic's Sam Vecenie, the Cleveland Cavaliers, Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks have all "explored potential opportunities to move up into the late 20s and 30s due to the depth of prospects on the wing and potential NBA-ready, older rotation players."

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per The Athletic, the Suns are one of the teams interested in moving up in the draft. Just how, I don't know.

Per The Athletic's Sam Vecenie, the Cleveland Cavaliers, Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks have all "explored potential opportunities to move up into the late 20s and 30s due to the depth of prospects on the wing and potential NBA-ready, older rotation players."

I'm not suggesting this but perhaps a sign and trade with Russell and a pick swap coming to us and CP3 going to LAL?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting this but perhaps a sign and trade with Russell and a pick swap coming to us and CP3 going to LAL?

Please let it be true. I'd so like for the Suns to obtain another draft pick.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to add, adding D'Angelo Russell wouldn't be the worst move in the world. The Suns need NBA players.

Getting something for Chris Paul is all gravy.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The NBA Draft is upcoming on June 22nd.

I haven't heard much new on the draft concerning the Suns, except they might have interest in Eastern Michigan wing, Emoni Bates or Washington State C Mouhamed Gueye.

I would like Bates as a flyer pick. He is definitely a high ceiling, low floor prospect, but exactly the kind of lottery ticket the Suns are increasingly going to have to get lucky on with their draft situation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like Bates as a flyer pick. He is definitely a high ceiling, low floor prospect, but exactly the kind of lottery ticket the Suns are increasingly going to have to get lucky on with their draft situation.

I'd like to take a chance on Bates or anyone else that has a chance to be an NBA player. The Suns need to inject new blood.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

For a time, like 5 years in a row it was the only fun thing about this team. I'd rather never go back their again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a time, like 5 years in a row it was the only fun thing about this team. I'd rather never go back their again.

I see no reason a good team and the draft can't coexist nicely. Of course, a team has to have draft picks or scout free agents.

I never bought into that skeleton talk. The Heat never did, either.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That’s actually a good deal for both parties, kind of. Hornets remain mediocre by signing borderline star player, Pelicans have a log jam down low if Zion stays.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Suns will have a 2nd round pick in the draft on Thursday after all, but it's uncertain if it will be #52 or #57 because of the Bradley Beal trade.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Lol okay.. Suns are like that one broken friend you have in your early 20s in college that talk about wanting this expensive item. Like bro.. sit down.. we know you’re broke.. you can’t afford to do anything.. unless you sell blood (in this case Ayton)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to put the odds very high that Ishiba buys a second rounder
I'm not sure if it's this year or next but I think that might be going away too if you're over the second apron. I know it mentioned you can't include cash in trades, I assume it would apply in buying picks too. But regardless, Ish clearly will spend money so if it's allowed and they like someone, I agree he'll buy what he can.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will see. I'm not anxious to trade Ayton unless it's a killer deal.
if you don't give good value you might as well keep him even though we need the depth. I keep going back and forth on this. Maybe you just hold onto him until the trade deadline and rehab his game a bit. Maximize his value then move him if the team isn't deep enough.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if you don't give good value you might as well keep him even though we need the depth. I keep going back and forth on this. Maybe you just hold onto him until the trade deadline and rehab his game a bit. Maximize his value then move him if the team isn't deep enough.
Could go the opposite way as well if he flips still under Vogel people will just be like this dude is a total bust, then we are saddled with him and his terrible contract!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose