NBA Draft: Thursday, June 22, 2023; Suns are scheduled to select at #52.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not going to waste too much thought on what comes out of this pick. Hopefully we find a diamond in the rough, but I won't hold my breath.

The first pick, of many, we send Brooklyn slots in at #21. The idea that all we would give up in draft assets was picks at the end of the 1st round died rather fast.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA Draft Room shows him as undrafted in their mock. Of course he could go before #52 but he wouldn't be the first guy to slide in draft.
I think his age has him off a lot of mock drafts but he seems like a high quality backup guard. He won't take long to earn that spot so I don't think he drops that far. OTOH, given how most teams want an uptempo lead guard, his deliberate, Andre Miller (or aging CP3) style of running a half court offense, might drastically reduce the number of teams interested in him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully we can get Murray with the 52th pick
You must be registered for see images attach

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Might as well not show up to the draft this year unless we unload Ayton for a first rounder

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What are the chances we purchase a first round pick?
Looking better and better Portlands 3 may be in play Charlotte has the 2? They already have a pg. Maybe some magic happens.
Lets wait and see what Ishbia has up his sleeves.

That being said I am 100% ready to RAGE if things go south.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score

Adem Bona​

We could make a small trade up in the 2nd round and get him. I think he would be a great backup energy big and he can rebound.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA Draft Room shows him as undrafted in their mock. Of course he could go before #52 but he wouldn't be the first guy to slide in draft.

I didn't see Jalen Pickett listed on the 2023 Tankathon Mock and listed at #79 on NBA Draft Room so there is a chance he could be there.

Of course, it's really early to start slotting later picks.

It feels weird to think the Suns may start taking the draft seriously again. That third two-way slot may help, though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some video of Jalen Pickett. He seems to have a good feel for the game. It appears the game slows down for him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much to talk about this draft for the Suns, get used to it. Better then talking about the top 10 pick that's going to save us. What do we have with all those picks the last decade? Booker and a old Durant. Anyways not going to waste another night watching the Suns draft for a long time.

Of course, you know what happens the moment you don't.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I didn't see Jalen Pickett listed on the 2023 Tankathon Mock and listed at #79 on NBA Draft Room so there is a chance he could be there.

It feels weird to think the Suns may start taking the draft seriously again. That third two-way slot may help, though.
I think AzSteve had a good point that his age may cause him to drop. I like his potential even if he isn't still a teenager.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think AzSteve had a good point that his age may cause him to drop. I like his potential even if he isn't still a teenager.

I'm not sure why, but I'm getting a Desmond Bane vibe from him. Maybe it's because Bane was older as well when drafted.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I saw his name above our pick in HoopsHype

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is some video of Jalen Pickett. He seems to have a good feel for the game. It appears the game slows down for him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Gotta love watching prospects highlights after a 420 throat ripper hit and only hoping suns get good player

Num 52 not to exciting though lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not going to waste too much thought on what comes out of this pick. Hopefully we find a diamond in the rough, but I won't hold my breath.

The first pick, of many, we send Brooklyn slots in at #21. The idea that all we would give up in draft assets was picks at the end of the 1st round died rather fast.
21 has been an interesting slot. Not a lot of great players taken around the pick, but that slot itself has yielded some talent. Below are the last 15 players selected at 21. 7 of them are rile players or better. 8 were kinda nothing.

2022: Christian Braun (nice player)
2021: keim Johnson (who?)
2020: tyrese maxey (awesome player, good for the sixers!)
2019: Brandon Clarke (nice player)
2018: Grayson Allen (okay role player)
2017: Terrance Ferguson (outta the league)
2016: d’andre embry (end of bench guy)
2015: Justin Anderson (who?)
2014: Mitch McGary (who?)
2013: gorgei dieng (role player)
2012: Jared sullinger (injury stiff)
2011: Nolan smith (who?)
2010: Craig brackens (who?)
2009: Darren collision (low end starter)
2008: Ryan Anderson (legit starter)

The problem is jones hasn’t been good at identifying late round talent (our only pick there has been Ty Jerome. And we have no real scouting to help us land diamonds in the rough in the 20s.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
21 has been an interesting slot. Not a lot of great players taken around the pick, but that slot itself has yielded some talent. Below are the last 15 players selected at 21. 7 of them are rile players or better. 8 were kinda nothing.

2022: Christian Braun (nice player)
2021: keim Johnson (who?)
2020: tyrese maxey (awesome player, good for the sixers!)
2019: Brandon Clarke (nice player)
2018: Grayson Allen (okay role player)
2017: Terrance Ferguson (outta the league)
2016: d’andre embry (end of bench guy)
2015: Justin Anderson (who?)
2014: Mitch McGary (who?)
2013: gorgei dieng (role player)
2012: Jared sullinger (injury stiff)
2011: Nolan smith (who?)
2010: Craig brackens (who?)
2009: Darren collision (low end starter)
2008: Ryan Anderson (legit starter)

The problem is jones hasn’t been good at identifying late round talent (our only pick there has been Ty Jerome. And we have no real scouting to help us land diamonds in the rough in the 20s.
Jones sucks eggs. I sure hope someone else is handling talent evaluation with the admittedly insignificant pick this draft, but more especially any future ones.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I looked at a list of no. 52 picks for the past 15 years. Not a lot of 'hits' at the spot, which isn't surprising. Kenyon Martin Jr. (2021; Kings) was probably the best (or at least recognizable ;)) selection that I saw.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA draft combine and other events will begin Saturday, 5-20-2023.

By Jonathan Givony and Jeremy Woo May 13, 2023, 08:00 AM ET, ESPN

A record 123 players will assemble at Wintrust Arena in Chicago for the NBA draft combine, G League Elite camp and pro day circuit starting Saturday, kicking draft season into high gear.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns even kicked in Jevon Carter. Wow. Talk about the Nets owning the Suns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose