Reaction score
Chris Bosh
Eddie House
Mike James
Mehmet Okur
David West
Mo Williams
--------------------

Mmmm, so the media chose Eddie House over Diaw? Interesting. I would pick Diaw over House. What do you guys think?

This is not 6th Man award because Diaw has been a starter. But as for Most Improved, I think Diaw should be mentioned.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Chris Bosh
Eddie House
Mike James
Mehmet Okur
David West
Mo Williams
--------------------

Mmmm, so the media chose Eddie House over Diaw? Interesting. I would pick Diaw over House. What do you guys think?

This is not 6th Man award because Diaw has been a starter. But as for Most Improved, I think Diaw should be mentioned.
No question. For a guy who was on his way OUT of the NBA, had no desire, drive, talent, etc., a year ago in Atlanta he's come a LONG way. Many had him as a throw in and could not figure why the Suns wanted this guy in the JJ trade. :)

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Diaw is doing what he was supposed to.

how the hell do you fiqure that? If House is doing what he is due to PT then the same applies for West.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
West deserves to be on the list, but Bosh? Yes, he's doing well but he did well last season too. Jumping from 16.8 ppg to 22.7 ppg is impressive, but only because he was already a top player.

Boris improved his scoring from 4.8 ppg to 11.7 ppg and is in the league's top 15th in terms of total number of assists on a team which also has the league leader. By almost every measure, the percentage of improvement for Boris is greater than for Bosh.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Look at it in a way that this is a good thing. The more recognition a great player like Diaw gets the more costly/difficult it would be for us to sign him to a new contract.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Louis said:
House is doing what he has always done, just with more PT.
With the exception of last season (when he was with three teams) and his rookie season, he has averaged slightly more minutes per game than he is averaging this season.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
I saw somewhere over 40 minutes Eddie House is ranked 4th in the NBA.
Behind
1. Shaq
2. Marcus Camby
3. Tim Duncan
4. Eddie House
5. Elton Brand
6. Manu Ginoboli
7. Alonzo Mourning
8. Lebron James
9. Dwayne Wade
10. Rasheed Wallace
11. Shawn Marion

HooverDam

Reaction score
The thing w/ Diaw is, since he played hardly at all last year, I dont think he'll be mentioned in the most improved race. Since no one knows what his skill level truly was last year, its hard to say if he's improved this year, or if he's just had a chance to play.

But you could make arguments for Diaw as most improved and House as 6th man of the year, w/ Nash & Marion in the MVP race. Oh, and of course D'Antoni for a repeat for coach of the year, especially doing all this sans Amare.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That's what sucks. Both Marion and Nash have been putting up MVP numbers. D'Antoni has doon arguably a much better job THIS season. I just don't see them giving the Suns these awards two years in a row. :(

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
HooverDam said:
The thing w/ Diaw is, since he played hardly at all last year, I dont think he'll be mentioned in the most improved race. Since no one knows what his skill level truly was last year, its hard to say if he's improved this year, or if he's just had a chance to play.

But you could make arguments for Diaw as most improved and House as 6th man of the year, w/ Nash & Marion in the MVP race. Oh, and of course D'Antoni for a repeat for coach of the year, especially doing all this sans Amare.

That's what I was thinking. Diaw is more like a starter this year and House is a bench player so giving House 6th man of the year is a better choice IMO.

Having said that, it is a good thing that Diaw is not the most improved player... his price will go up way too high? lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison