Napoleon

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Napoleon is one of the most interesting men in history and he completely altered the course of European history... and Ridley Scott is one of my favorite directors.

Take my money.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think Napoleon is one of the most interesting men in history and he completely altered the course of European history... and Ridley Scott is one of my favorite directors.

Take my money.
And hey was thought to be the anti-christ by some at the time. :)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Kind of like with the Last Duel, it wasn't really what I was expecting, yet I enjoyed it all the same. Sure, I wanted more time on the history and I wanted the battles to be more realistic than just armies fighting exactly the same way as each other, but those are personal preferences and quibbles with Hollywood-ing, which, to be fair, they kind of had to do. I loved the characterization, the depiction of the grossly dysfunctional relationship, and Phoenix was masterful in the role. I enjoyed the movie. Not something with much re-watchability, and not even close to a patch on Gladiator, but well worth the price of admission.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Take my money.

ABSOLUTE TRASH!

one of the most interesting men in the history of the world and they made a movie about his wife. This tops the list for me of movies I was disappointed in.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Kind of like with the Last Duel, it wasn't really what I was expecting, yet I enjoyed it all the same. Sure, I wanted more time on the history and I wanted the battles to be more realistic than just armies fighting exactly the same way as each other, but those are personal preferences and quibbles with Hollywood-ing, which, to be fair, they kind of had to do. I loved the characterization, the depiction of the grossly dysfunctional relationship, and Phoenix was masterful in the role. I enjoyed the movie. Not something with much re-watchability, and not even close to a patch on Gladiator, but well worth the price of admission.

ABSOLUTE TRASH!

one of the most interesting men in the history of the world and they made a movie about his wife. This tops the list for me of movies I was disappointed in.
Well, the reviews here certainly range from... enjoyable to absolute trash. I saw it on Thanksgiving and thought it was better than I expected, if only because it kept moving at a good pace and really didn't feel like it was two plus hours, so it was mostly entertaining.

It's definitely a challenge to cover the subject coherently and completely in something less than a multi-part TV series, so I have to give points for Scott doing a decent job. It's nowhere near the spectacle that Abel Gance's silent film epic was, but that one only covered about a quarter of Napoleon's life in 8 hours... and was supposed to be just one part of a six part set of films, each about the same length.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
ha!

Wait... do you know Fraizer?
Yes, well, knew him. It's been ages since the last time I saw him or we spoke. I went to school with him and we played baseball together up until he transferred to your HS. I remember talking to you about it years ago because I wasn't sure if we went to school together due to it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, well, knew him. It's been ages since the last time I saw him or we spoke. I went to school with him and we played baseball together up until he transferred to your HS. I remember talking to you about it years ago because I wasn't sure if we went to school together due to it.
Oh yeah, that rings a bell.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Vegan hat made for Napoleon

Joaquin Phoenix Wore A Plant-Based Hat For 'Napoleon'

Costume Designer David Crossman managed to source a solution, however: they constructed the large and opulent hats from a fabric that uses tree bark originating in Uganda, meaning the hats were completely animal and cruelty-free.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vegan hat made for Napoleon

Joaquin Phoenix Wore A Plant-Based Hat For 'Napoleon'

Costume Designer David Crossman managed to source a solution, however: they constructed the large and opulent hats from a fabric that uses tree bark originating in Uganda, meaning the hats were completely animal and cruelty-free.
lol ok

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Not a fan. Would probably have preferred a 10-episode high-budget miniseries. Really looking forward to a longer uncut version if it happens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard