Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
OMG, is this movie in any way associated with QAnon? :shrug:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
FWIW, Napoleon Was Around 5' 6" & Joaquin Phoenix Is 5' 8"
So how does that disprove BIM's initial statement: "Joaquin is clearly taller than Napoleon was, so you already know it isn't truly factual. It can only be "based on a true story." Five foot eight inches is CLEARLY taller than five foot six inches! Based on this knowledge, how can you trust anything is the same in this movie as what happened in real life? This whole movie is suspect! :pullhair:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how does that disprove BIM's initial statement: "Joaquin is clearly taller than Napoleon was, so you already know it isn't truly factual. It can only be "based on a true story." Five foot eight inches is CLEARLY taller than five foot six inches! Based on this knowledge, how can you trust anything is the same in this movie as what happened in real life? This whole movie is suspect! :pullhair:
Joaquin isn't even French and his name doesn't sound like it's French.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Ridley doing another epic with Joaquin? Yeah. I’m all over that in the theaters.
Hopefully they're back on track here. I always feel like Ridley either very hot or very cold. He's made a couple of my favorite movies ever but then I feel like he has bad movie stretches where I don't care for what he's making, like what he's had going since The Martian. So I'm hoping this is a return to the hot streak he had the last time he worked with Joaquin.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Hopefully they're back on track here. I always feel like Ridley either very hot or very cold. He's made a couple of my favorite movies ever but then I feel like he has bad movie stretches where I don't care for what he's making, like what he's had going since The Martian. So I'm hoping this is a return to the hot streak he had the last time he worked with Joaquin.
Did you watch The Last Duel? That movie was actually pretty damn great, totally subverting expectations.

I thought House Of Gucci movie was pretty entertaining also. Not a great movie by any stretch, but entertaining.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Did you watch The Last Duel? That movie was actually pretty damn great, totally subverting expectations.

I thought House Of Gucci movie was pretty entertaining also. Not a great movie by any stretch, but entertaining.
Yep. House of Gucci was good enough. I was sure Last Duel was going to stink, but I really liked it.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

I didn't care for The Last Duel. It's been awhile but I remember having issues with Matt Damon's character. The multiple unreliable narrator POV structure didn't work for me either. It just didn't hold my attention.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I didn't care for The Last Duel. It's been awhile but I remember having issues with Matt Damon's character. The multiple unreliable narrator POV structure didn't work for me either. It just didn't hold my attention.
gotcha.

The Napolean trailer on the IMAX before Mission was REALLY impressive. Ridley's definitely got my money for that one.

But the last two movies of the year that are top of my list (post Oppenheimer) are Dune 2 and Killers Of A Flower Moon. I literally acted like an 8 year old yesterday in the theater and closed my eyes during both trailers because both seemed like they were giving away the entire movie.

The Creator looks interesting too. That one's probably review dependent. Gotta start saving sheckles over here without knowing if this strike lasts until 2078.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
gotcha.

The Napolean trailer on the IMAX before Mission was REALLY impressive. Ridley's definitely got my money for that one.

But the last two movies of the year that are top of my list (post Oppenheimer) are Dune 2 and Killers Of A Flower Moon. I literally acted like an 8 year old yesterday in the theater and closed my eyes during both trailers because both seemed like they were giving away the entire movie.

The Creator looks interesting too. That one's probably review dependent. Gotta start saving sheckles over here without knowing if this strike lasts until 2078.
I hear ya. I am going to a job interview today, and part of the reason I am hoping I get the job, is so I can go see Oppenheimer. It's the old time versus money. I have time now, but no money. When I have money, I have no time.

Be safe on the front lines! :thumbup:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. I am going to a job interview today, and part of the reason I am hoping I get the job, is so I can go see Oppenheimer. It's the old time versus money. I have time now, but no money. When I have money, I have no time.

Good luck with the interview !!

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
gotcha.

2078 you say. I see we've hit the optimistic stage of the strike. ;)

Killers Of A Flower Moon I'm a little mixed on right now. I love Scorsese and most of his movies but that run time gives me pause. It'll keep me from the theater on it and probably cause me to have to watch in 2 sessions once the UHD is out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Thanks dude. Good luck on your front too!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
2078 you say. I see we've hit the optimistic stage of the strike. ;)

Killers Of A Flower Moon I'm a little mixed on right now. I love Scorsese and most of his movies but that run time gives me pause. It'll keep me from the theater on it and probably cause me to have to watch in 2 sessions once the UHD is out.
Totally get that on the runtime. I feel like the only way my ADD Brain will watch the entire movie is if I’m locked in… literally in a dark room and can’t leave because I paid for it. Definitely made a difference for The Irishman for me, which I’m not sure would have made the impact it did if I Netflix’d it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
3:26! That's TWO movies! LOL! I like the content from the description. The acting and directing mean it probably will be a good movie. When I was a kid some movies had intermissions, so we could restroom and of course buy MORE concessions! This needs that!! :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
OH NO! I see it's based on a true American Story! What criticism will THAT generate on our board? :shrug: :lol:

Edit: IDK how I posted this here, I was in the Killing of Flowers Thread. That should explain my weird post!

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH NO! I see it's based on a true American Story! What criticism will THAT generate on our board? :shrug: :lol:
It's too French and not from an American heavy point of view. Plus, it's in English. Joaquin Phoenix should only be speaking French and this should only have subtitles. DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!! :madarms: